LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#142992 - 03/01/02 10:04 PM Diana sighting!
Fish Jesus Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma
AuntyM...she is still alive and well! eek

FJ...out.

#142994 - 03/01/02 10:15 PM Re: Diana sighting!
Fish Jesus Offline
Spawner

Or someone is using her computer! I heard that's been going around lately! rolleyes

FJ...out.

#142995 - 03/02/02 12:38 AM Re: Diana sighting!
Fish Jesus Offline
Spawner

Aunty was it something we said??

FJ...out.

#142996 - 03/03/02 04:23 PM Re: Diana sighting!
Diana Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
There is nowhere to hide....

I'm back and you all were missed, too. You were thought of everytime the hook was set.

You were thought of so much that we drove all the way down to the Boca Paila bridge just so I could take a picture of the bridge to post. I made Gary get out and walk it to see if it would support the Jeep. Broken away side rails, no more than a foot of extra bridge on each side of the tires in places, and sections of planks that Gary could rock with his own weight. Talk about "FOCUS"...I've never driven anything in my life with such concentration.

The road down to Punta Allen was incredible. Con-joined pot holes 2-3' deep, a rainstorm that dumped 2" in 30 minutes, oversized tires ( all the better to throw mud from here to the next county ), teeny tiny mosquitos that emerged after the downpour with the sole intention of eating Italian ( Gary, to be more specific ). He was swinging and swatting with an absolute fear in his eye. Justifiable after I saw the welts....they looked like blisters and were immediate after the bite. We dared not stop the Jeep because they came in swarms. The road is slightly more than a cars' width and over hanging with palms and tropical foliage. We drove this road for 30 miles at about a 5 mph average when we came to a sedan full of Frenchmen with a rifle in the backseat ( we didn't question the presence of THAT, tho having an unauthorized gun in Mexico is 5 years in prison ) who said that Punta Allen was another hour down the road.

We didn't have fishing gear, as this was an exploratory trip, no camera, very little cash....totally unprepared ( on, did I mention no bug repellant, or was that already apparent? ). We turned around and went jolting and rolling back up the peninsula at as fast a speed as was possible to try to out run the mosquitos. I finally HAD to stop ( you figure it out ) and Gary, who raised our son with the guiding words of "That's garbage, don't touch it", spies a insect repellent bottle in the beach debris. Now, really, what are the chances that it's half full? Garbage or not, he is so desperate that he slathers every drop on. No offer to share. Not that it mattered, I escaped without a single bite.

This is our first full day in the Outback of Mexico. It was hilarious in retrospect.
We did find a more accessable area to fish for bonefish and we all caught them. Nick caught the first and biggest on a Mepps spinner. Then I rented him a sea kayak and I swiped his rod. I caught some on a rubber crawdad before changing to fly gear because Gary was catching fish 5:1 on flies. He wacked himself in the back of the head a few times using those big beady-eyed ones, but managed not to hook himself. I held the rod WAAAAYYY out to the side to avoid the risk. OK....I'll confess about rod. I broke my son's rod trying to pull a spinner off a coral head. I shaved down the ferrule, but the next bonefish broke that, too.
The wind blew everyday, enough that the water was not clear, so we were blind casting most of the time.

The bay we found is easily accessible but nobody was fishing it. One guy was camping there and he said he's never seen anyone fish it. So now it's MY Zipperlip. laugh
diana

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
280ackimp, DAVEANNICK, nicksdad, redgussydog, reitersteelhead123, wallacewhaler123, zswoods
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 929 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645354 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |