Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#143089 - 03/03/02 07:58 PM Old vs. New Hot-n-Tots as bait divers
BossMan Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle
I lost one of my last two old style Hot-n-Tots a while back and was wondering if anybody has compared the way the new style Hot-n-Tots run vs. the old style? I bought one of the new ones but haven't got around to doing a side by side comparison yet.

I did manage to find four of the old style today at GI Joes in Lynwood (Yes, I bought all they had smile ), but I figure I will eventually loose those too.

On a side note, I hit the Skykomish last Thursday and didn't want to run my usual Spin-n-Glow sand shrimp setup behind a diver while targeting the nates. So for sh$ts and grins I decided to try out the dreaded pink worm behind a diver on one of the rods. I rigged it up with a pink Spin-n-Glow in front. And what do you know, our first fish, a chrome 8lb wild hen (hooked nicely in the lower jaw), came on the worm. You got to love it when you try something new and it pays off the first try. We had another take down on a worm after we switched to a white one with a blue Spin-n-Glow, but it didn't stick.

#143090 - 03/04/02 09:49 AM Re: Old vs. New Hot-n-Tots as bait divers
Firedog Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: SW Washington
I haven't fished the new ones since I have a few dozen of the old style to last me a little while laugh I have heard that the new ones by storm dont work, they wont dive with a leader attached. The good news is that Brads is going to be making the old style from what I hear. So keep an eye out for them.

#143091 - 03/04/02 09:09 PM Re: Old vs. New Hot-n-Tots as bait divers
Drachir21 Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Creswell, Oregon
Firedog is correct, the newly designed Hot-n-Tots do not work for Divers w/ bait. They really suck!! The bill is plastic, the balance is way off and they don't dive worth a darn!! If you are in need, and can't wait til Fall for Brad's copycat ones, check out E-Bay. Go to the fishing section, then do a search for "Storm". You should get quite a list, but be sure you get the 31/2", 3/8 oz. ones, not the 1/4oz. ones. They are easy to come by, but the price is fairly steep. eek

Rick

#143092 - 03/08/02 02:22 PM Re: Old vs. New Hot-n-Tots as bait divers
BossMan Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle
Well, I tried out one of the new style Hot-n-Tots yesterday. Firedog and Drachir21 were correct, they hardly dive with a leader attached.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
captainchris
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Carcassman), 1230 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645416 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |