Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#144637 - 03/12/02 07:41 AM Bad news Bush administration
RRR Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: (Tacoma native),San Diego WA, ...
can't remember how to post links but if yer in too godd of a mood read this: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/134418859_bushsalmon12m.html
mad mad mad
One step forward and two steps back! Grrrrr!

Here's the link to the other Seattle times article on the subject:
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/61855_fish12.shtml

and one final Salmon link to todays Seatle Pee-Eye: http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/61897_salmon12.shtml

VERY Homesick in San Diego

#144638 - 03/12/02 10:46 AM Re: Bad news Bush administration
Dave Jackson Offline
Spawner

Loc: Milwaukie, OR
What? "President" Bush isn't environmentally friendly? You're kidding me! rolleyes

#144639 - 03/12/02 12:12 PM Re: Bad news Bush administration
Wild Chrome Offline
Spawner

Loc: The Tailout
Last night, I had another Bush nightmare. In this one, President Bush, in his presidential campaign, said saving Snake River salmon is important and that we need fish-friendly turbines in the dams (despite the fish biologists and turbine engineers saying that's an impossibility). Then he announced his absolute opposition to removing the 4 lower Snake River dams. When federal agencies decided not to remove the dams and came up with an alternative habitat-restoration plan, Bush wouldn't fund it....... something about needing a tax break. So by doing nothing, Bush wrote off citizens, fishermen, conservationists, NMFS, even the Army Corpes of Engineers which helped draft the plan.

Wait......I wasn't dreaming!!!!!!!Again!!!!!!!

#144640 - 03/12/02 01:55 PM Re: Bad news Bush administration
JacobF Offline
Spawner

Loc: Post Falls, ID
We'll just have to wait and see what changes might be made.

Oh well, at least we can all thank God that Gore didn't win!! laugh

#144641 - 03/12/02 01:59 PM Re: Bad news Bush administration
Drachir21 Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Creswell, Oregon
I can say without reservation, Sure glad I didn't vote for George W. Bush!!!! eek

Rick

#144642 - 03/12/02 02:11 PM Re: Bad news Bush administration
Dave Jackson Offline
Spawner

Quote:
Originally posted by JacobF:
We'll just have to wait and see what changes might be made.

Oh well, at least we can all thank God that Gore didn't win!! laugh
Wait and see what happens? Here I thought that it was better to be proactive and appeal to our legislators before this **** gets passed, instead of taking the "wait and see" attitude and then *****ing about it after it's implemented and therefore harder to remove.

And speak for yourself on the "we can all thank God that Gore didn't win" statement. While I didn't vote for Gore, I certainly believe that he would not have sold the American environment down the river quite the way that GW has in the last year. The day the he took up residence in the White House against the will of the people of the United States of America was the day that it became open season on the environment.

#144643 - 03/12/02 03:33 PM Re: Bad news Bush administration
Anonymous
Unregistered

Me neither Drachir!
Should anyone be surprised? Look for Bush to do more of this kind of stuff as he rides the coat tails of a high rating in the polls.

#144644 - 03/12/02 03:48 PM Re: Bad news Bush administration
CATCH AND EAT Offline
Smolt

Loc: portland
rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes Slightly Misanthropic here of GW aye fellas? What a bunch of unhappy folks. Tough it out boys, a democrate will be in office soon enough. Then we Republicans can serve the "Whine and Cheeze".

In the mean time, mother earth will survive with or without your help.

Don't like it. Write your congressman and let them know you are unhappy. No action comes from inaction. smile

#144645 - 03/12/02 05:22 PM Re: Bad news Bush administration
RRR Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: (Tacoma native),San Diego WA, ...
Amen, catch-n-eat. We should all e-mail our congressmaen and senators!!

Sincerely,
Roger

VERY Homesick in San Diego

#144646 - 03/12/02 05:49 PM Re: Bad news Bush administration
Dave Jackson Offline
Spawner

Thanks for the suggestion, Catch n Eat. I've emailed Ron Wyden's office so many times that I'm probably getting blocked by their spam filter. Go here to find the web page and email address of your favorite senator. And email them regularly about how you feel on whatever important topics you can think of. They wanna hear from you, really.

I cannot fathom why anyone interested in protecting our environment from corporate greed would advertise that we should simply sit idly by until the next presidential election, in hopes that a more nature-friendly president gets elected into office (unlike the current president that took the office against the will of the American People) and then magically reverses all the damage that was done the previous 4 years. mad

#144647 - 03/12/02 07:14 PM Re: Bad news Bush administration
ET Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tacoma
Nothing like a little political discussion to fire up some fishermen! I'm a Bush man myself and to all you whiners.... If Gore could have won in either his home state of Tennesse OR Clinton's home state of Arkansas, Al Gore would be president now. Obviously, the voters that know those two losers best wanted nothing to do with him. If you can't win your home state you shouldn't be in politics.

#144648 - 03/12/02 08:12 PM Re: Bad news Bush administration
Wild Chrome Offline
Spawner

Loc: The Tailout
An unfortunate mix:politics and fishing. I didn't know the two had anything to do with each other until I moved to the NW 6 years ago. Since then, it's practically hit me in the head. To all you "Bushers", if you are conserned with native fish issues, he couldn't be a worse president. He's done nothing to help, and many things to hurt native fish causes. If you don't care, bonk-on and don't even bother with the rest of my comments...... If you do care about native fish, either write the administration and tell them you want them to protect native fish, or vote him out in 2004. If you are republican and like to catch wild fish, your politics are ruining your fishing! You're also a hypocrite! If this sounds cut and dry, it is! The biggest opponent to initiatives launched by groups like Trout Unlimited (in which I am active) is the republican party. Seems protecting fish costs money. I bring this up not to inflame people, but because a lot of people don't know what's going on. For more info, check out the League of Conservation Voters. I know the Oregon group puts out an annual report card on how all state reps and senators voted on environment-related legislature. The republicans vote anti-environment/fish about 90% of the time in Salem. I don't know the percentages nationally, but I know it's similar.

On another note, while openly opposing almost all pro-wild fish legislation, vice president Cheney is an avid fly fisherman. I guess if you're a multi-millionaire, you can buy your own fish to catch!

#144649 - 03/12/02 08:54 PM Re: Bad news Bush administration
Blkbrant Offline
Parr

Loc: vancouver wa
Won't be like this on the next planet we rape!

Nader in '04!

#144650 - 03/12/02 09:08 PM Re: Bad news Bush administration
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Quote:
a democrate will be in office soon enough
And then we'll be getting screwed by a Democrat. rolleyes Don't forget that our brilliant Governor is a Dem, and take a look at the F&W Commission. They're not doing sport fishers any favors, either.

Each voter registration card should come with a sample tube of Vaseline, so it isn't as painful when you vote (R) or (D).

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#144651 - 03/12/02 09:19 PM Re: Bad news Bush administration
ltlCLEO Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: brownsville wa.
Good replies Dave and that is coming from a hypocrite! laugh

#144652 - 03/12/02 10:23 PM Re: Bad news Bush administration
Dave Jackson Offline
Spawner

Hypocrite? Howso? Just because I didn't vote for Gore doesn't mean that I voted for Boy George.

#144653 - 03/12/02 10:30 PM Re: Bad news Bush administration
ltlCLEO Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: brownsville wa.
I was not calling you a hypocrite. smile politics rolleyes

#144654 - 03/12/02 11:48 PM Re: Bad news Bush administration
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by CATCH AND EAT:
rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes Slightly Misanthropic here of GW aye fellas? What a bunch of unhappy folks. Tough it out boys, a democrate will be in office soon enough. Then we Republicans can serve the "Whine and Cheeze".

In the mean time, mother earth will survive with or without your help.

Don't like it. Write your congressman and let them know you are unhappy. No action comes from inaction. smile
Hey C&E I'll agree to anything you say so long as you agree not to start that stupid **** about Flotilla 4 over here....deal?

#144655 - 03/12/02 11:56 PM Re: Bad news Bush administration
Dave Jackson Offline
Spawner

Good thing. Now I gotta go call Uncle Guido and tell him to quit tailing you. laugh

#144656 - 03/13/02 12:09 AM Re: Bad news Bush administration
fishermanonabike Offline
Parr

Loc: olympia
first off whoever (ET) the **** is who is talking about the "if he(Gore) cant win in his own state bs" it(in my opinion)wasnt a fair race and i think i remember something about when the votes where recounted that gore accually DID win in florida....but oh well water under the bridge,
now, maby im too young, and neieve but how can someone who likes to fish for these wonderfull creatures and who likes to be out in the pristiene(sp?) wilderness while doing it could be FOR Bush, didnt you read his platform on the enviroment? oh well, with a name like catch and eat just seems to show yah...let me guess you fish the cowlitz(no offense cowlitzfisherman) A LOT! and let me guess you dont care whether its wild or not...it gets BONKED!
anywho, it's Bush... we all knew it was coming, or you should have seen it coming when he(bush) wanted slade gorton to be head of the dept. of U.S. Lands, all we can do now is diddle our thumbs and yell at our congressmen and senators for the next 4 years....what do you expect when our president that has a comedy show airing thats dedicated to making fun of him.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (seabeckraised), 1380 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |