Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#144677 - 03/14/02 12:29 PM Re: Bad news Bush administration
Dave Jackson Offline
Spawner

Loc: Milwaukie, OR
Quote:
Originally posted by CATCH AND EAT:
Stew, go back to your corner and wimper yourself to sleep little boy. wink Had no intent of bringing that stewpid flotilla 4 crap over here. If you noticed there fella, it is all light hearted fun. laugh Do you know what fun is Stew? eek wink And Stew, don't need you to agree with me at all. I can hold my own without charity support. eek

Fishermanonabike. Gore never won Florida. All the recounts showed that. Give it a rest. Be glad we have a little backbone in office.

Just don't blame Bush for the distruction of the environment yet. He will need 4 MORE YEARS at least.
So far I've deleted my reply to your "Gore never won Florida" comment three times. Quit antagonizing me.

We aren't blaming Boy George for the current problems. We are merely pointing out how his recent decisions have a strong likelihood of making things a whole lot worse. If you don't see that, then you've got your eyes closed.
Get Bent Tackle wh&#333;re. Just added spinner section, where you can special order to your hearts content!

#144678 - 03/14/02 02:06 PM Re: Bad news Bush administration
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Quote:
Carlson would have removed commercial and tribal netting
I got one word for you Jacob...........gullible.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#144679 - 03/14/02 05:29 PM Re: Bad news Bush administration
JacobF Offline
Spawner

Loc: Post Falls, ID
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan S.:
Quote:
Carlson would have removed commercial and tribal netting
I got one word for you Jacob...........gullible.
So you'd rather vote for a candidate who's shown time and time again that he has no interest in saving fish, has shown he will not do anything to save fish, and in fact, has interests with the tribes and commercials than a candidate who at least promises to do the right thing by the fish?

#144680 - 03/14/02 08:29 PM Re: Bad news Bush administration
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

No, but Carlson didn't do the thing that required a spine, which would have been to ban the nets he, as Governor, would have had control over; the non-tribal commercial nets.

Instead he did the spineless thing. He proposed legislation that would ban ALL nets. Legislation that surely would have been shot down in the courts since state laws can't override Federal treaties. So we would have spent time, money and effort for no reason.

In my mind, promising something you know damn well you can't deliver makes you a liar.

#144681 - 03/14/02 11:34 PM Re: Bad news Bush administration
JacobF Offline
Spawner

Quote:
No, but Carlson didn't do the thing that required a spine, which would have been to ban the nets he, as Governor, would have had control over; the non-tribal commercial nets.

Instead he did the spineless thing. He proposed legislation that would ban ALL nets. Legislation that surely would have been shot down in the courts since state laws can't override Federal treaties. So we would have spent time, money and effort for no reason.

In my mind, promising something you know damn well you can't deliver makes you a liar.
Locke has lied numerous times too. Remember Locke pledging that there would be no tax increase for transportation unless it was approved by a vote of the people? If Carlson couldn't hold up his promise, what's the worst that would have happened, things would have remained the same. When Governer Locked ignores his promises, we get higher taxes. Go figure.

#144682 - 03/14/02 11:50 PM Re: Bad news Bush administration
Dan S. Offline

Well, you're not going to catch me defending Locke here, Jacob. I didn't vote for him in the last election. The term before that, when the state GOP decided that Ellen Craswell was the best they could offer, I voted for Locke to make sure Craswell wasn't in Olympia. Then after the Bern Shanks debacle at the WDFW and Locke's appiontment of Koenings as WDFW Director, Locke gave up any chance of me ever voting for him again.

But just because I won't vot for one liar doesn't mean I'll vote for the liar running against him.

#144683 - 03/15/02 01:31 AM Re: Bad news Bush administration
JacobF Offline
Spawner

Quote:
Well, you're not going to catch me defending Locke here, Jacob. I didn't vote for him in the last election. The term before that, when the state GOP decided that Ellen Craswell was the best they could offer, I voted for Locke to make sure Craswell wasn't in Olympia. Then after the Bern Shanks debacle at the WDFW and Locke's appiontment of Koenings as WDFW Director, Locke gave up any chance of me ever voting for him again.

But just because I won't vot for one liar doesn't mean I'll vote for the liar running against him.
I guess I can agree with you on that smile

Just out of curiosity, do you ever listen to the John Carlson show on KVI?

#144684 - 03/15/02 06:37 AM Re: Bad news Bush administration
sinker Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Puyallup, WA
I was wondering how long it would take before people started whining about Bush.
All of a sudden this week, that's all I've heard.
You have to consider who we almost had in that office. Kind of funny how you didn't hear much about Gore leasing his "ranch" to a mining operation. You don't hear about how bad it screwed up the river downstream from it either.

I thought it was funny how he kept pushing auto makers to make more small cars, and yet everytime you seen him he was accompanied by a FLEET of suburban type SUV's.

Considering the state of the world right now, aren't you glad Bush is in that office? Clinton/Gore had ample oppurtunities to take action in their 8 years but didn't. There was countless attacks and threats and they sat on it.

I better not rip on Gore to bad on here, if it weren't for him inventing the internet we couldn't do this. laugh

#144685 - 03/15/02 11:32 AM Re: Bad news Bush administration
Dave Jackson Offline
Spawner

Sinker:

And this has to do with fisheries...how?

I can get into Boy George debates until the Earth reverses rotation but we need to at least TRY to keep this fishing/outdoors related.
Get Bent Tackle wh&#333;re. Just added spinner section, where you can special order to your hearts content!

#144686 - 03/15/02 01:45 PM Re: Bad news Bush administration
Slab Quest Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Mukilteo or Westport
DJ, you crack me up!
You post more NFR stuff than anyone (10 on this thread alone)and then you reprimand others?
laugh laugh laugh

#144687 - 03/15/02 02:36 PM Re: Bad news Bush administration
Dave Jackson Offline
Spawner

The parent post is about President Bush and his environmental record during the scant 14 months that he's been president, with some other politician/environment discussion thrown in. If you all wanna talk about whether George W. Bush IN GENERAL is fit to be in the White House then I can tap that dance too. I'll give ya so much information about this goofball that it'll make your head spin, and the best you'll be able to come back with is "Well Gore was this" or "Gore would do that" or "Nader something else" instead of admitting that this "President" is doing his best to sell us all down the river. Environmentally, politically, internationally, corporately (is that a word?), every way you can imagine and a few you cannot.

I'd like to pretend that the contributions that you classify as NFR do have some value (note that all posts in this thread were on topic), so don't spoil it for me. But what I'm also saying is that a full-out, no holds barred debate on the Thief in Chief would spiral horribly out of control until it earns a rarely-administered (but likely earned) lock by the mods.

Call it fair warning. I've done my homework.

#144688 - 03/15/02 03:24 PM Re: Bad news Bush administration
JacobF Offline
Spawner

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Jackson:
Sinker:

And this has to do with fisheries...how?

I can get into Boy George debates until the Earth reverses rotation but we need to at least TRY to keep this fishing/outdoors related.
I believe he was making the point that when it comes to voting for a President, there are much more important issues to consider that what his policies on wild salmon are.

As for your second post, I doubt you could post anything about Bush that I don't already know or would make my head spin. Consider that a challenge if you wish, but I believe you'd be wasting your time.

#144689 - 03/15/02 03:42 PM Re: Bad news Bush administration
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by CATCH AND EAT:
Stew, go back to your corner and wimper yourself to sleep little boy. wink
Bernie you gonna hit me "upside the head" with your float like you threatened other people who don't agree with you?
laugh wink
All in good fun dude

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1406 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |