THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#144922 - 03/12/02 08:18 PM How many members are golfers, or hackers, here? :-)
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've golfed with Jeffhead and Osprey together. Jeff and I golfed (kinda) while Os just rolled his ball all the way down the fairways. laugh Jeff is good. I'm pretty fair at it (usually low 80's). And I've golfed a couple times with Spooled. ... I've read that our Bob golfs, and so does Silver Hilton and others.

How many of you guys golf occasionally or more? It's a close second to fishing for an outdoor recreation sport for me. Usually good scenery, and fun with friends. It's a heck of a challenge too.

If there are enough of us, maybe we should consider a late spring or summer Golfcartilla? Would be a lot of fun, with possible BBQ and beverages.

What are some good centrally located courses? One that comes to mind is the Lewis River Golf Course. I've played it and it's a good one. It would also allow for some morning summer steelhead fishing along with afternoon golfing. Other courses? Thanks guys.

#144923 - 03/12/02 08:30 PM Re: How many members are golfers, or hackers, here? :-)
goforchrome Offline
Spawner

Loc: sammamish WA
Whoa....I'm feeling a warm fuzzy here...
Before I found fishing, my wife could find me on one of the puget sound region golf courses on any given weekend.
Good (Great) neutral sites...Vickwood/Meriwood in Lacey, Druids Glen in Kent, Gold Mountain in Bremerton...
Just say the word.
With river closures and blackmouth slow, it sounds great!
My wife would love it if I came home smelling like something other than herring/shrimp/roe.
I would love to hook up with some board members.

#144924 - 03/12/02 08:51 PM Re: How many members are golfers, or hackers, here? :-)
Jigman Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle
Love to play a round when I can find the time...have to wipe the cobwebs off the Pings!

#144925 - 03/12/02 08:55 PM Re: How many members are golfers, or hackers, here? :-)
Chuck Offline
Juvenille at Sea

I was pretty fanatical about golfing as a kid and got back into it in my 20's untill a slipped disc put the kabash on my tour dreams (that is all they were). Now fishing takes up more of my free time then golf. I have played Lewis River also and remember liking it. I would be up for a shot to Druids Glenn though, having never played there. What about the golf and casting club?
Never been, but, I hear they stock some ponds to fish and will rent you rods and such, seems like a natural for this board. They are on Kitsap penn. somewhere.

#144926 - 03/12/02 09:20 PM Re: How many members are golfers, or hackers, here? :-)
h2o Offline
Carcass

Loc: Portland
18 handi...

#144927 - 03/12/02 09:27 PM Re: How many members are golfers, or hackers, here? :-)
flyrod Offline
Alevin

Loc: Renton
I'm just as much a golf freak as I am a fishing fool. If I'm not fish'n, I'm golf'n. Trophy Lake is a very nice track and of course there's some fishing there too. It's a pay to fish deal and if I remember correctly it's a little spendy. Another track that everyone should try is Washington National. Awesome course but a little spendy. I think they have a special going right now for 60 bucks....carts included. But for my money Gold Mountain-Olympic Course is the way to go. Price is right and the course is great.

#144928 - 03/12/02 09:28 PM Re: How many members are golfers, or hackers, here? :-)
flyrod Offline
Alevin

Loc: Renton
11 handi and going up mad

#144929 - 03/12/02 09:46 PM Re: How many members are golfers, or hackers, here? :-)
haverodwillfish Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Fort Lewis, WA
Great topic!

Wow, he(LL) yeah I golf, not great at it of course but can you really find a more challenging sport? And what other sport can you drink beer, DRIVE a vehicle and swing metal things for four hours? My theory on golfing fun: 1 beer a hole! Now I tried this theory once while deployed to the Sinai peninsula in Egypt. The course was built by the Prince's son, and had the only grass for 200 miles around. Lots of sand traps, can you imagine, ha ha. Anyway, we (young and dumb army guys) got the cart stuck in a sand trap (wow, how did that happen?) on about the 14th hole and were too inebriated to get our clubs, cooler and butts back to the clubhouse. The sidikis (Egyptian for frind) just laughed and policed us up and took us back to the base.

Now before you all flame me and take me off the Golf/Floatilla #1 list, I can say that I am much more mature now, ya right. Really though that is a great idea, the Golf/Floatilla thing I mean, and I can offer up some south puget sound courses and maybe get a good group deal at Fort Lewis or McChord AFB Great topic!

-George Orwell

#144930 - 03/12/02 10:00 PM Re: How many members are golfers, or hackers, here? :-)
MJ1 Offline
Fry

Loc: issaquah,wa
Great idea , Count me in. Used to play or practice everyday until I finally figured out I'd always suck.

#144931 - 03/12/02 10:02 PM Re: How many members are golfers, or hackers, here? :-)
JRfishing Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Mill Creek
Cant drink enough beer to lower my handicap, but I like to scare the hell out of the ball and other golfers. Count me in on that combo day or weekend. About an 18 handicap.

#144932 - 03/12/02 10:15 PM Re: How many members are golfers, or hackers, here? :-)
jcw Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Chehalis, Wa, USA
Fine idea RT!
I'll generally be a few strokes either side of 80. But, mainly I get off on out-driving guys twenty years younger than me. Fort Lewis is an excellent layout. Played there with a retired buddy a few times like it.

Keep your head down.

#144933 - 03/12/02 10:33 PM Re: How many members are golfers, or hackers, here? :-)
R Ridgeway Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle
My definition of a great day is to take a mid-week day off in September and start out with a Puget Sound coho outing following by a tee time about 12:30 for 18 holes. My goal is to limit the boat and hit under 90. I always walk so I'm pretty beat at the end of the day....I'll rest when I die! I always feel a bit smug when I plant my butt in my easy-chair and reflect on the day with a cold one in my grip. Work hard...play hard...life is good. Fishngolftilla....works for me.

#144934 - 03/12/02 10:54 PM Re: How many members are golfers, or hackers, here? :-)
h2o Offline
Carcass

Loc: Portland
BTW Lewis River is terrific course, think about this, Springers in the Meat Hole followed by a nice round of 18....ahhh

#144935 - 03/12/02 11:02 PM Re: How many members are golfers, or hackers, here? :-)
spawnout Offline
Spawner

Loc: Satsop
I love golf - keeps people busy and off the water.

I don't golf myself :p

#144936 - 03/12/02 11:06 PM Re: How many members are golfers, or hackers, here? :-)
fishingtoo Offline
Juvenille at Sea

I've been fishing at this board for a year now. Feel like I know many of ya without ever meeting ya (except Osprey when I got some of his jigs).
Fishing & golf = 2 out of 3 necessities of life!
Well I guess the other one isn't a necessity, but still puts a smile on my face!
Golfatilla sounds like a great idea, but after springers done? By the way, anyone with under a
12 handicap is spending too much time golfing & not enough time fishing...

#144937 - 03/12/02 11:49 PM Re: How many members are golfers, or hackers, here? :-)
ET Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tacoma
I'm golfing with haverodwillfish, if he'll drink with an ex-jarhead.

#144938 - 03/13/02 12:10 AM Re: How many members are golfers, or hackers, here? :-)
RPetzold Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Everett, Wa
I used to golf but stuck to fishing when I realized I could double haul farther then I could hit a ball of the tee. frown

#144939 - 03/13/02 12:56 AM Re: How many members are golfers, or hackers, here? :-)
Padre Offline
Parr

Loc: Gig Harbor, WA USA
I'll play just to see what all these chrome faces look like. Gard to beat Trophy Lake.

Steve

#144940 - 03/13/02 01:44 AM Re: How many members are golfers, or hackers, here? :-)
Anonymous
Unregistered

I thought there would be a bunch of golfers among members here. It wouldn't be hard to get several foursomes to do an informal fishing BB 18 hole tourney; when better weather is more likely. As good as it sounds to combine fishing and golf the same day (as Jeff, Os, and I did) I figure it would likely be best to have just a golf day. There's travel time, warmup on the driving range/putting green, 18 holes of golf for an untold number of foursomes, and a bit of clubhouse eats/drinks/smack talkin to do afterward smile .

While the Lewis R. course would be good, more of you guys live closer to Puget Sound, so the Ft. Lewis Golf Course and the Gold Mt. Olympic (where's that?) courses sound like good prospects to have an event. I know Jeff would like the Ft. Lewis course; working right nearby. He's said it's a very good course; we're planning to golf that together sometime. If Haverod' can get a group discount on that one, we can name an event and call it a website fishing/golf club organized tourney to qualify for the better rates. Other courses offer that for company tourneys and such. You guys up north there can organize this thing as the dryer weather approaches; using the BBs. I know myself and some Oreos will drive up to the Olympia area. And the Lewis R. course near Woodland is a relatively short distance for most people if lots of Oreos also respond ahead of time. Keep in mind when talking to any courses that a number of guys with bum knees or feet or whatever would need power carts available. It would be a heck of a lot of fun. It's impossible to go scoreless in a golf event. laugh (shut up Dan wink )

Some event name candidates:

- Golftilla
- Golfcartilla
- Golfthrilla laugh (could be)
- Fishweb Hack's Championship
- Team Piscatorial vs Team Ifish Golf Challenge?
- Others?

#144941 - 03/13/02 02:03 AM Re: How many members are golfers, or hackers, here? :-)
plug puller Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: At FL410
Golfing seems to get in the way of fishing. Cuz if I am playing good golf I ussually play insead of fishing. I only golf once in a while now. I have my priorities straight now. laugh
My 16 year old Brother is a scratch handicap. He is awsome. He is getting tons of letters from colleges. Even from Oregon eek I am trying to warn him about you guys down there but he isn't listening. He might become a Duck. How sad. wink
later guys.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (eddie), 1474 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |