THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#145429 - 04/01/02 07:24 PM Re: Why people pack heat?
Hey Yall Watch This Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Olympia....beeyotch
Hey Eddie:
Quote:
If you really believe that registration of handguns will lead the Government to want to confiscate your weapons, you live in a scary world that I can't comprehend.
Then my friend, do not live in Canada.

The only reason we have an 'outbreak' of criminals with guns is quite simple:

THEY'RE PUSSIES.

It all started back when fist-fights were common. Fist-fights as in ONE ON ONE, but too many pussies made a giant collective. I think they are called gangs. These members are lazy by nature as most don't have a real job and get by by taking from others. Now add drugs into the mix where a group is already lazy by nature.

So now you have a collective of lazy, addicted criminals with guns.

Teach kids some form of CHIVALRY and this **** will start reversing itself. Until then, you will have gangsta-rappers 187'n on a mofo'n cop and actually think that **** is cool.

thefishinggoddess.com fan club

#145430 - 04/01/02 09:45 PM Re: Why people pack heat?
LittleZoZo Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Rochester, WA USA
OK, I said that I wouldn't post on this subject again, but all you flamers have gotten the best of me, so here goes. EDDIE: You belong to Hangun Control Inc.? Shame on you! The arguement for not registering Handguns is a simple one..... We, as gun owners do not believe that it is any of the Government's business just what and how many weapons we own. This is America for crying out loud! The only reason for Handgun Control Inc. wanting to make registration of all handguns mandatory is because they know that mandatory registration is the first step to disarming the public. We might all do well to stop and remeber that just about every tyrant in history (Hitler, Stalin,Mao Tse Tung, etc.) started by first systematically disarming the people they were about to take over. If you wish not to have a firearm in your house, then that is your right. But please, dont impose your views on the rest of us. Also, you say that a gun free society would be a far less lethal one.Well if that's so, then why dont you explain the history of Northern Ireland, namely the IRA. Both Northern Ireland and The Republic of Ireland have very strict gun laws, but that doesn't stop the violence or the killing. You see, the IRA figured out a long time ago that they didn't need guns to kill lots and lots of people, they just started using bombs instead. Hell, they even found out that they could do MORE damage with bombs than with guns, so there goes the arguement that less guns will result in less deaths. The great men who founded our country were wiser than any of us give them credit for. They had the knowledge and the foresight to see that the only way to ensure our nations freedom and the freedom of her people was to put in that 2nd ammendment. Men have fought and died to defend the rights guaranteed in that 2nd ammendment. How dare you suggest that we put laws on the books that would make their sacrifices in vain. This isn't New Zeland, or Australia, or the U.K. This is America, and we, as Americans owe it to all those who have payed the ultimate price defending our freedoms to not give an inch when it comes to giving those freedoms up.

#145431 - 04/02/02 12:45 AM Re: Why people pack heat?
Jack Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Gig Harbor
LittleZoZo, Woof! Great post! Jack

#145432 - 04/02/02 02:52 AM Re: Why people pack heat?
SeanD Offline
Fry

Loc: Tigard, OR
Right on LittleZoZo!!

#145433 - 04/02/02 04:28 AM Re: Why people pack heat?
Downriggin Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Marine Area 13
The first line of my original post:
Quote:
A lot of debate can come from this post...
As an active duty military member (Navy Chief Petty Officer) for the last 17 years, I'd like to pass you folks part of "our" Oath of Enlistment/Reenlistment, "I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States..."
That's a powerful statement huh? Why do we military members uphold this? We all have different reasons, but the main reason, to protect our freedom of this great country and personal rights of individuals. IMO, to attack someone's beliefs and rights is not the American way (although, by rights, your are entitled to do so). Our Founders had enough vision to place a "Right to Bear Arms" in the Constitution for a purpose- To Protect Thyself, Family and Property. Try and visualize where we would be in this day and age w/o this Constitutional Right- who knows? It's a scary thought. If you disagree, maybe we don't need an ALL VOLUNTEER FORCE to protect your rights- we won't have rights at that stage.

What you don't see on TV or hear are the sacrifices our men and women make everyday for our freedom: 6-8 month deployments away from family and loved-ones, up to 20 hour work days, physical and emotional stress, etc... If you've been there, God Bless. If you haven't, we need to trade jobs... I'll gladly head down stream for BBQ'd Springers and brewski instead of basking in the Arabian Gulf sun, not seeing land for a couple months, not having quality family time, not being able to swing a spey pattern through a tailout any day. Above all, don't forget those who have gone before us! Because of them, we are a great nation with the freedom to make choices!

My venting here is not to choose sides on packing or not to pack. Rather a reminder of what it has taken to get America to where she's at today. I may not agree with all of the Constitution, but rest assured I'll support and defend it. Please don't try and change our Constitution with control measures. Respect and abide by it. With changes, we'll eventually lose our rights. We may not see it in our lifetime, but how about your grandchildren's children? It ain't broke so don't try and fix it!

If you read my first post, you'll know that I pack in remote areas. If I get myself in a situation where I could get shot, well that's my own dumb fault- shoot me!

Ok... I vented the $3.07 version.

Downriggin'

Puget Sound Anglers, Gig Harbor Chapter

#145434 - 04/02/02 08:56 AM Re: Why people pack heat?
ltlCLEO Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: brownsville wa.
Eddie,
How many crimes are you going to stop with gun registration?Think about that!Gun registration is only going to make criminals out of alot good people,like me.

There are already to many guns in the united states.So we have manditory gun registration.Now law enforcement knows who does and who doesn,t have a weapon?In an ideal world maybe but this is reality.They will not know any more than they did before gun registration.

I do not understand the anti gun lobby???They want to take the guns away from the VICTIMS of crime.They want to regulate the VICTIMS of the crimes.

Focus on the people that commit crimes with guns not on the inocent VICTIMS of these people. smile

#145435 - 04/02/02 11:53 AM Re: Why people pack heat?
eddie Offline
Carcass

Loc: Valencia, Negros Oriental, Phi...
Okay, okay I get the picture. I feel like I have f**ted in church!!! I don't understand the logic of the folks who have replied, but I do have a fair idea of the depth of feeling on this issue. I am going to bow out of this debate, I can't win and you folks will not convince me of your points either. Let's fish - let's catch, and we will agree to disagree.

Peace, out

R.P. McMurphy - One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

#145436 - 04/02/02 05:16 PM Re: Why people pack heat?
ltlCLEO Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: brownsville wa.
eddie,
smile smile cool

#145437 - 04/02/02 08:20 PM Re: Why people pack heat?
Fish'n Magician Offline
Parr

Loc: Hillsboro Oregon
Alright- As I said before this is one of those "Hatfield and McCoy" (Pardon the pun) issues that will always have two sides. In order to co-exist with each other we must respect the views of each other. That does not mean thet we have to agree , just respect the opinions of others. Anyhow thanks Dan for the backup.
John

#145438 - 04/02/02 10:18 PM Re: Why people pack heat?
Fish'n Magician Offline
Parr

My NRA buddy just sent me this----HMMMMMMM rolleyes rolleyes

Subject: Doctor Alert ! - good statistics

Number of physicians in the US: 700,000.
Accidental deaths caused by physicians per year: 120,000.
Accidental deaths per physician: 0.171
(U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services)
Number of gun owners in the US: 80,000,000.
Number of accidental gun deaths per year (all age groups): 1,500.
Accidental deaths per gun owner: 0.0000188
Statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than
gun owners.

"FACT: Not everyone has a gun, but everyone has at least one doctor."

Please alert your friends to this alarming threat. We must ban doctors
before this gets out of hand.
(As a Public Health Measure, I have withheld the statistic on Lawyers
for fear that the shock could cause people to seek medical aid.)

#145439 - 04/02/02 10:30 PM Re: Why people pack heat?
UltimateFeashKacher Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: WA
Last time I went to my gun for back ache, it refused to talk to me about my problem. What's up with that?

#145440 - 04/02/02 10:47 PM Re: Why people pack heat?
Fish'n Magician Offline
Parr

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

#145441 - 04/03/02 04:14 AM Re: Why people pack heat?
UltimateFeashKacher Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: WA
FM,
LOL, That was funny.

#145442 - 04/03/02 08:37 AM Re: Why people pack heat?
rainycity Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle
Well thats`s it, from now on I`m going to ask to see just the nurse.. wink

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (steely slammer), 1085 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645291 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |