LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#146196 - 03/22/02 03:14 AM Please pray for me!!!!
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Here's my hard luck story.

I looks like I will be changing jobs, my choice, of course. But it seems likely that I will end up most, if not all, of the month of April off. If anybody should need a fishing partner/someone to split the gas with/additional vehicle to make the turn-around/bonehead steelhead fisherman buddy, please let me know.

I do have to finsh my kitchen remodel, and a front yard landscape job, but I figure I should be able to fit in about 20 days of fishing. frown I also have a boat suitable for chasing after springers in the deepwater portions of the Columbia. Looking for mid week partners.

Anybody care to help me out????

Your brother in need.

Andy

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#146197 - 03/22/02 08:00 AM Re: Please pray for me!!!!
UltimateFeashKacher Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: WA
I may be able to hook up with you to go to OP in April. I fish alone and I worry about cougars chewing my head off eek Just kidding, remember the cougar threads? But I am serious about the OP area. There are couple of other guys that I have PMed with about OP and have never met. May be we all get together one day.

#146198 - 03/22/02 08:35 AM Re: Please pray for me!!!!
bardo Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: union wa
heh andy, we haven't left yet? vancouver island is the ticket

#146199 - 03/22/02 08:44 AM Re: Please pray for me!!!!
Seacat Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Duvall, WA
Hey Dogfish,

Real sorry to hear about your job, sounds like a real bum deal.

Should I pray that you catch fish until your arms fall off or should I pray that you leave a few for the rest of us! rolleyes

Give me a call to setup one of those mid week interviews OK? Tuesdays and Thursdays are open.

#146200 - 03/22/02 10:11 AM Re: Please pray for me!!!!
Jeffhead Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia, Washington
Tough break DF, we should all have such bad luck!!! I could be talked into some mid-week action, just let me know.
Good luck and tight lines, Jeff laugh laugh

#146201 - 03/22/02 11:07 AM Re: Please pray for me!!!!
B-RUN STEELY Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: IDAHO
We have mondays and tuesdays off. Have been talking about going to the columbia and trying some springer fishing. I have a 21 foot Northwest jet that rules... but know nothing about that type of fishing. Have all the gear however. If you have the knowledge, we would be glad to take you and we will cover the gas etc.

By the way, thats an open offer to any of you guys over there. We have heard so much about it that we want to try it. We had our first salmon season for real last year and it was pretty addicting. We have concidered coming over to fish with everyone at F4- but would rather come over and get a lesson first.. After reading all the smack you WA. OR. guys give each other can't imagine how you would trash a couple of Idaho crackers ( at salmon fishing) Steelhead on the other hand.. we can hold our own.

Hell, we would even try out some of those hooks this board is in such an uproar about if you bring some. wink

#146202 - 03/22/02 11:12 AM Re: Please pray for me!!!!
Dave Jackson Offline
Spawner

Loc: Milwaukie, OR
I'm sorry to hear that you'll be fishing all stinking month. rolleyes Here's hoping that something rescues you from such a horrible situation, like a raging foot fungus. :p

#146203 - 03/22/02 04:55 PM Re: Please pray for me!!!!
Gregor Offline
Smolt

Loc: America
Hey that's great news Andy...new job, just a few honey do's, and lots of time to fish...reality will kick in April 2 when the new pointy hair boss calls and requires you start tommorrow and work through the weekend cause the manager that hired you two weeks ago quit under stress from the auditors and congressional inquiry and you've just been handed the account that everyone in the company calls the "Hand of Death" cause no one has survived more than 5 weeks on the job after touching it...

Enjoy!

#146204 - 03/22/02 05:14 PM Re: Please pray for me!!!!
Prawn Meat Offline
Fry

Loc: Chehalis, WA
Here's some good news for you Dogfish. The state opened up the Wynoochee an extra two weeks beginning April 1. Hatchery fish can still be kept. Looks like everything is just falling into place for you. Send me an email and we'll set up a trip. You can try out LittleZoZo's refurbished pontoon boat!

#146205 - 03/22/02 08:12 PM Re: Please pray for me!!!!
BigShark Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: PDX
B-RunSteely
You Idaho boys will have a blast over here. I live
about two miles from the Sellwood Bridge here in Portland. Its a good place to fish for Springers. The water is muddy and almost no fish have been caught yet. When they are starting to take several fish per day I will post it. I go down to the dock almost daily starting the last week in March.You will need a small motor for trolling or
backbouncing. I offer this as hopefully you can make an informed decision on where to fish when you come. The Columbia is great, so is the slough, the Willamette has great fishing as well.
Rigging is often different for one spot versus another. The guys on this board are as good as they come for information and being just damn good people. Bob will be the first to tell you to also visit... ifish.net...another great board with
terrific people. Lots of info and most of us read and post on both. Yall Come! laugh

#146206 - 03/22/02 09:54 PM Re: Please pray for me!!!!
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Thanks for all of your kind thoughts! wink I kind of actually hope that I get released the day I give my notice. That way I'll have a few more days of fishing. I'll probably get a few weeks severence, along with my 1 week of vacation earned so far this year, so I am in a quandry. Fish all month, or just 2 weeks? I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again for the offers to fish. I will be taking you folks up on them.

Andy

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#146207 - 03/23/02 02:50 AM Re: Please pray for me!!!!
B-RUN STEELY Offline
River Nutrients

Gregor. We got a ton of snow and the muddie water has not even started yet.. Where do you guys think the water comes from???? Anyway.. would like to fish with some of you guys.. Let us know. BG127@AOL.COM for an invite. All gas/gear and a steak dinner is on us for some lessons.. hell, most of the fish are Idaho fish anyway so let us in on it... thanks in advance...

#146208 - 03/23/02 02:54 AM Re: Please pray for me!!!!
B-RUN STEELY Offline
River Nutrients

Sorry,

#146209 - 03/23/02 02:57 AM Re: Please pray for me!!!!
B-RUN STEELY Offline
River Nutrients

Sorry again... that last post was for BIGSHARK and not Gregor.. but hell, all you guys can read it...

#146210 - 03/23/02 02:33 PM Re: Please pray for me!!!!
plug puller Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: At FL410
andy,
Sorry to hear abou that. You know that there is always a seat in my boat for you. that was a fun day. Hope your new job goes good. He that
"zipperlip" river we fished togetheris doing pretty good. In the last 3 trips the boat has hooked 15 and landed 7. not good hook to land ratio but oh well. take care.
Chris laugh

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1400 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |