Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#149216 - 04/14/02 05:46 PM THIS AIN'T OVER YET ! - Upcoming Flotillas
Anonymous
Unregistered

So ... Giz and some Wassies think yesterday's F4 settled the long debated issue of whether Washington or Oregon fishers are better at their sport. We don't think so! Let's see, more Wassie entrants come in with 7 spring chinooks - less Oreos come in with 7 spring chinooks. Some of them weigh a little more. So what? It's just as hard to come by a 12 pounder as a 16 pounder in that type of Columbia fishery - as Giz's Team Skunked SMS can attest to. Team Quick Fish had no prob going 2 for 3. We think Oregon fishers just thought it was going to be such an easy wipe that they didn't think their help was needed; and dropped out due to a rain storm prediction (which didn't occur 'til afterward). Wassies are more used to rainstorms, that's all. Still; 7 to 7! [EDIT: see even more important revelations below - all in fun of course wink ]. So, this series moves forward:

A few guys suggested a boat/bank fishing springer Flotilla combined at the mouth of the Wind and Drano Lake (likely early May). Consensus thought was no fish should count from up the Wind River on those stacked up easy targets, because most can't do the hiking involved. You Wind/Drano guys that suggested that yesterday, and have posted it before, get a crew together and post the event. (I wouldn't mind getting some of you Wassies on one of my springer rivers in May though, the Clackamas, for a certain Oreo victory).

And Jeff Whitehead (Jeffhead - saltwater fishing guru) made a great suggestion for a late summer Flotilla for Sekiu silvers. That is an awesome fishery, in the relatively calm saltwater of the Straight of Juan De Fuca (where even small boats get out there, unless there's an unusual wind storm). It will have tons of easy to catch fish - big cohos. Possibly also allowed to keep King 'nooks again this year. There are affordable motels, RV grounds, and campgrounds - lots of you would love to stay and fish for 2 or 3 days there. Good picnic party facilities. Also, it's right across from lower Vancouver Island for a short ferry ride over to see superb Victoria BC after the event. When you get some local volunteer help Jeff, we'd love for you to post that flotilla! And please, "Numbers of fish caught per Oreo/Wassie team averages" for bragging rights, eh? wink

#149218 - 04/14/02 07:37 PM Re: THIS AIN'T OVER YET ! - Upcoming Flotillas
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
"The average per-capita fish catch total divided by the age of each entrant, and then corrected for how many years they've been a resident and multiplied by how many springers are crossing Bonneville daily will determine the winner........."

C'mon, RT, you can admit it....team WA won any way you look at it. And of course, luck had nothing to do with it.

If you're looking for a rematch at Sekiu, all I can say is, "Yes, please." :p laugh laugh

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#149219 - 04/14/02 07:45 PM Re: THIS AIN'T OVER YET ! - Upcoming Flotillas
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
I would gladly help in setting up a Floatilla in the Sekiu area. I fished the area extensively last year, and if a group were to get skunked, that would be an extreme oddity. We would be talking about hundreds of fish and thousands of pounds at the weigh in, not less than 100.

I would venture a guess that a contest up at Sekiu would be an issue of ounces, not pounds, for the winning team. Of course, Washington would still come out on top. smile

Andy

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#149220 - 04/14/02 08:10 PM Re: THIS AIN'T OVER YET ! - Upcoming Flotillas
ROCKFISH Offline
Spawner

Loc: manchester,Wa
I'll go up if you all are having it in sekiu, went up everyother weekend last year. no oreo will win up there fishing there wiggle warts, unless I dont have a bigger boat by then. summer nights up there are the best atmosphere, killer place. Ben

#149221 - 04/14/02 10:20 PM Re: THIS AIN'T OVER YET ! - Upcoming Flotillas
Hoochie Offline
Fry

Loc: Hobart
Ahhh, lemme see, SEKIU, late Summer and Hoochies!
F-5 at Sekiu? I'm all over that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any Oregon takers???

#149222 - 04/14/02 10:46 PM Re: THIS AIN'T OVER YET ! - Upcoming Flotillas
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Sure wish I could have made it....
Keith laugh :p

#149223 - 04/14/02 11:08 PM Re: THIS AIN'T OVER YET ! - Upcoming Flotillas
Woodsy Wayne Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: everett
Hey RT, sorry to hear you lost...NOT!!
How did the pink boots fit allright?

As a person who did not make it I am proud my wassies kicked oreo butt, whether by a few pounds or not.

Out of curiosity, which individual boat had the most weight (sorry RT I mean fish weight..not bait)

Glad it went well, and everyone got to meet, all kidding aside, it is nice to have an event like this to bring people together, I want to get one going at the skykomish during the king opening.

Hey maybe next year RT, laugh
Woodsy Wayne

#149224 - 04/14/02 11:12 PM Re: THIS AIN'T OVER YET ! - Upcoming Flotillas
fishkisser99 Offline
Spawner

Loc: Eastsound, WA, USA
Despite statistical evidence to the contrary, fishing STILL isn't a competitive sport.

#149225 - 04/15/02 01:38 AM Re: THIS AIN'T OVER YET ! - Upcoming Flotillas
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey RT we knew the results beforehand...thats why we got you that present for you to take out your frustations on :p wink laugh eek ! Please remember it is a poor innocent inflatable :p ?
Sekiu? Hmmm maybe Marsha may need to look into buyen a case of Loven Lambs? eek

#149226 - 04/15/02 02:34 AM Re: THIS AIN'T OVER YET ! - Upcoming Flotillas
Anonymous
Unregistered

Stop the presses! There have been two controversies revealed in F4 threads on ifish! The first one was that Rick (Baitboy) was fishing with an Oregon license and recorded his catch on it, but counted it toward the Wassie's weight total. To that one I agree with him and the Wassies that it should be on his home state's Wassie total; so that one should stay. BUT ~~~

One of the top Wassies in this tourney, Washington guide Jim Bain's team was fishing within the rules way down the Columbia River, trying to catch the fish before they got up to the St. Helens area. Fine. But get this! He had an Oreo, Kilgore Trout in his boat, who caught the only counting fish among those Wassies. His Oreo fish was caught way ahead of the weigh-in deadline and it was a big clipped spring chinook in the 20 pound class! It not only would have given KT the biggest fish honors, it would have rightfully made it 8 Oreo fish to 7 Wassie fish, and put Oregon at 103 pounds total to Washington's 93 pounds! But we found out that Jim purposely stalled and stalled so that KT's fish would miss the weigh-in deadline!!! eek ~~~

You Wassies can call this thing a "win" if you have such nerve, but in reality these turn of events puts this issue right back in question - at the very least; if not an outright Oreo win! WE DEMAND A RECOUNT. And we won't except Gizmo 'Jeb Bush' Man as a Florida caliber decision maker (or his crooked side kick Thumper). Noooooooo waaaaay. If this doesn't put the victory in the Oreo column, which would make it right, then assuredly it at least keeps the ongoing Wassie vs Oreo fishing superiority issue back on the water - in more flotilla competitions. smile ~~~

Now the next proposed flotillas are in Wassieville again. That's fine with us Oreos. If we have to come up there to win 'on the road' against your home field advantage, then so be it. cool And if you don't have the nads to show up Gooose, then you should feel pretty sheepish.

#149227 - 04/15/02 03:07 AM Re: THIS AIN'T OVER YET ! - Upcoming Flotillas
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Hey wait RT,
I still haven't had the opportunity to make one of these fine events, being young and working weekends makes it tough, real tough.... But be thankful my team of Wassies didn't show or it would have been over...
How about a rematch up at bonneville on the springers there... You'd have an oregon ramp to work with..
And for you Oreo's Walleyes and Small Mouths don't count...
Keith laugh

#149228 - 04/15/02 03:20 AM Re: THIS AIN'T OVER YET ! - Upcoming Flotillas
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Keith, part of being a top notch angler is finding a way to get on the water - especially for long set up competitions. Not finding excuses to avoid a posible rep stain. laugh Besides, Oregon could have over-countered your presence with Amerman's or other good Oreos presence no prob!

Bonnie? Right on. This year I have no shortage of eggs, so don't have to resort to my grade B supply to fish with as I did last year. So I'll stick my grade A eggs and scents, and custom cured prawns and Kwikie wraps against your [Bleeeeep!] any time! You got my phone number. wink In fact, let's make in your boat or mine, to take away the fish pod luck factor.

#149229 - 04/15/02 03:24 AM Re: THIS AIN'T OVER YET ! - Upcoming Flotillas
Gizmo Man Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Ridgefield, WA
You know what's worse than a loser RT? It's a sore loser. wink Go back and read all your trash talking and tell me that you are not just jealous and can't stand the fact that you continue to loose. Another Floatilla and you haven't even come close to being in the top 5. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that you had some fish tied up or handed off to try to tip the scales in Oreos favor.

Now Jerry, you're from Washington, is there anything we need to know...did rt pay someone to catch his fish and hand it off or did he tie up the ones he said he caught on Wed... smile and is entering them...They did not look all that fresh.

RT, how about a chapter in the book entitled "101 excuses why I can't win a floatilla by RT" The first excuse could be because you are a looser and a whiner and spend more time figuring excuses as to why you can't catch a fish." smile smile

Put a cork in it. The weigh in was witnessed and no one but you is complaining... smile Not even the little kids that where there... Even your best supporter Aunty M is telling you to quite your bellyaching.

I now have to compliment Crotch and Rot on his gracious concession post. He and his team gave it there best shot and accepted the consequences. Now that's a true sportsman. Crow feathers and all. And Bernie, I would be proud of your dad too. He is a neat guy and you should be proud to be a preachers boy...

Rt, you need to take lessons from your fellow defeated sportsmen. Don't further diminish their efforts with your sniveling.... smile

Next you will try to come up with some excuse that will attempt to taint an otherwise excellent day (dispite the fact that you where throwing bananas in all the Wa. boats. smile

And the decision of the judges is final...End of this chapter...no more said!!!

Giz.... smile

#149230 - 04/15/02 03:56 AM Re: THIS AIN'T OVER YET ! - Upcoming Flotillas
Anonymous
Unregistered

Geeeeeeezuuuuus help us! I had to pull my head back up after that blast of hot air off your post, baldy. The front of my neck hurts from reading that creeap. You and your whole team got SKUNKED man! And you are calling me a looser because I'm among the Oreos plaintive about getting ripped off? eek You read the others 'plainin about it on ifish! And you know our team hooked 3 and caught 2 counting fish - in my chosen anchor spot by the way, baldy.

Hey, did I mention you are bald? laugh And lame? And a hot air blast? Oh ya, we all knew that.

cool <-------- Giz with his hat off, and his sunglasses on to hide his tears. wink

Ok, just funnin ya back. But do show up at F5 for another spanking, baldy. As for which 'hole' needs a cork put in it, Team Capital Punishment is among those who know that answer. rolleyes
--------------

All in fun. KT should have been more ascertive of his rights - the quiting time was set. And the rules did say weight. So ya, the Wassies lucked out and won this thing. shocked

#149231 - 04/15/02 04:11 AM Re: THIS AIN'T OVER YET ! - Upcoming Flotillas
Woodsy Wayne Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: everett
I wonder what is the next excuse...hmmm, the wassies were wearing attractor colored vests...or
lets see...hmmm the fish were all really caught on the oreo side. Or I didn't know that it had to be exact, on the weigh in time.
Even though I was not there, RT I think you are lucky,... that alot!! of wassies did not show up, luckily it sounds like it was a pretty even match,
(other than weight of course).
Sounds like both sides really enjoyed it, maybe i can catch the next one!!
As an outside watcher to what I have read, the wassies won fair and square. What is the big deal RT, you are still a good fisherman,and a well knowledged guy, we can all learn from, so why dont you just set a good example, and take the loss. People will respect you more, you probably don't care, but....just a thought.
Woodsy Wayne

#149232 - 04/15/02 08:13 AM Re: THIS AIN'T OVER YET ! - Upcoming Flotillas
Bigdog2250 Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Stanwood,Wa
HOLD ON RT!!

You want a recount????
I hear that one of the OREO fish had a BENT adipose,not clipped. I think we should re-examine ALL fish entered at weigh in to see if we have any bent,dimpled or hanging adipose fins.Then we'll see whose laughin'!
Sekui? HA! Don't sing it....Bring it! Bigdog out.....

#149234 - 04/15/02 10:26 AM Re: THIS AIN'T OVER YET ! - Upcoming Flotillas
ynotfish Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: goldbar,wa
lmao

#149235 - 04/15/02 11:16 AM Re: THIS AIN'T OVER YET ! - Upcoming Flotillas
CATCH AND EAT Offline
Smolt

Loc: portland
RT, you and the lamb make a cute couple. shocked Accept defeat dude. wink

#149236 - 04/15/02 11:23 AM Re: THIS AIN'T OVER YET ! - Upcoming Flotillas
Dave Jackson Offline
Spawner

Loc: Milwaukie, OR
Quote:
Originally posted by Gizmo Man:
You know what's worse than a looser RT? It's a sore looser.
I don't think anyone of us want to think about an RT that's any looser than he is now. eek

Scratch that. I don't think any of us want to think about RT. laugh
Get Bent Tackle wh&#333;re. Just added spinner section, where you can special order to your hearts content!

#149237 - 04/15/02 11:27 AM Re: THIS AIN'T OVER YET ! - Upcoming Flotillas
Dave Jackson Offline
Spawner

Loc: Milwaukie, OR
Get Bent Tackle wh&#333;re. Just added spinner section, where you can special order to your hearts content!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Iwant2fish
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 495 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645418 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |