Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#149632 - 05/09/02 12:51 PM Re: drano
B. Gray Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle, WA USA
Hey there, sorry I didn't post this earlier but I've been swamped at work since getting back. Fished Drano Sunday evening and then for about nine hours Monday. Sunday we got two to the boat in about two hours - both nice size fish around #17-#18.

Monday was slow slow slow. Got one in the early a.m. out on the lake and nothing the rest of the day. Didn't see hardly any nets coming out for other boats either. The bite finally turned back on down by the bridge around 4:30. We probably saw half a dozen or more fish caught in about an hour - with even the bankies getting in on the action.

Watch out for those guys on the bank. Saw some testiness as the occassional boat would cut into them a little close. Couple rocks flying, etc. Saw one boater lose it and pull up on shore looking to settle things with his hands. Not smart. Ended up with a lot of yelling and chest puffing.

It's just fishing, folks.

#149633 - 05/10/02 12:30 PM Re: drano
salmonbelly Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Kirkland, Wa USA
Fished Drano Thursday morning with my wife and we got three (actually she caught two and I one) on herring, all 15-18 pounds. Talked to a friend in another boat and he and his buddy also had three, also on herring, but fishing was actually pretty slow. I saw probably about 10 other nets out in five hours of fishing, most of them by guide boats fishing spinners and shrimp. Wiggle Warts didn't seem to be working too well. I'm hearing a lot of disappointment about this year's springer fishing, and for sure it hasn't been as good as last year. But we may never see another run like last year's and I think people got a bit spoiled. Springer fishing isn't usually easy. You've got to figure it out and then put your time in grinding on them.....

#149634 - 05/11/02 04:41 PM Re: drano
Asteiger Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Los Angeles
B.Gray, what boat were u in on those days?
i was there the same time and i probably saw u, i was fishing out of a Wooldrige, 20ft, green stripe, how about u?

#149635 - 05/14/02 01:28 PM Re: drano
Bounty Hunter Offline
Smolt

Loc: Sadly in Seattle
Fishing was real slow on Sat. < 15 saw/heard of caught from 6 to 12. Stopped off at the Wind on the way home and the F&W guy said the boats at the Wind did better that day, but he said it was day to day as far as which does better. Thursdays have been good at Drano according to him and he attributed it to the Native American netters stirring up the fish the day before. confused

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Iwant2fish
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
3 registered (Carcassman, Excitable Bob, 1 invisible), 1272 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645418 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |