Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#151846 - 05/20/02 07:29 PM Re: Your Winter Steelie Season
trailrat77 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: rowers seat
My season was fanfreakintastic, caught more, learned more and had a really great time. There is something really appealing about waking up at 430am driving 1 to 2 hours away and standing out in the cold wet weather just waiting for that strike. Or rubbing the ice off the guides on your rod as you drift down a nice river on a beautiful crisp winter morning, thanks Matt.

In a couple of months I'll be hating the heat and fondly looking forward to next winters run...........

#151847 - 05/20/02 09:13 PM Re: Your Winter Steelie Season
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
I'd rate it in my top 3 seasons I can recall. Especially early on in the hatchery run when I had more than one double-digit day. I landed more fish last year, because the water conditions were favorable for the way I fish, but this year I caught nearly as many and they were better fish. I didn't fish as much this year, but I was able to do some pretty good damage when I did get out. eek

I'm speaking strictly steelhead here though, as last season was unfreaking believable for salmon. So many fish it was stupid.

I also got a chance to book some hours with Osprey, Y'all and Jeffhead which was, as always, a pleasure. Also met some of the other folks here down at F4, and plan on hooking up with some of them for future action. cool

I'm with 'rat77, though. Late summer can't get here fast enough for me. Can you beat a sunny, crisp day about three days after a major rain storm, that clean smell in the air, leaves changing colors, about 3 feet of visibilty in the river, and kings and silvers aggressively biting about anything you feel like throwing at them? Plus, you KNOW winter steelhead is just around the corner. laugh

I'd give the 2001-2002 season a thumbs up. smile

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#151848 - 05/20/02 10:53 PM Re: Your Winter Steelie Season
Rapid Robert Offline
Spawner

Loc: Selah Wa.
Had a great winter run season, nice to have lot's of fish and fishable water for the most part. Mostly fished the Cowlitz where I made 19 trips, boondoggin below BC. Caught fish every day with the best days had the boat limited by 9:00 a.m.
Also had some good days for nates and brats on the Solduc and the Hoh.
I'd have to go back to before the flood of '96
to have a better year........If I every get done with springers, I'm lookin forward to summer runs, laugh and meeting more people from the board.

#151849 - 05/21/02 09:41 AM Re: Your Winter Steelie Season
CRAVEN MOOREHEAD Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: TACOMA,WA
Not to bad for me over all. I did well early and then again late. I have to agree that most of the fun was meeting people from the board. Rock Lizard, Gooose, Timber, Wiser, RR, Glou-boa, Dogfish, capt Dan, Dan S. I am still looking forward to meeting Aunty M, Stew, Rt (can I still say RT here?) TTT, FS, GMAN and a few others.

#151850 - 05/21/02 02:00 PM Re: Your Winter Steelie Season
KillerDave Offline
Fry

Loc: Tualatin, OR
Winter steelheading was very good this year. I was busy this winter and didn't fish as much as usual. However, I caught fish every time out, usually a limit + a few releases.

For a change, the fishing was better in Portland, Oregon than British Columbia. Gotta love it!

#151851 - 05/21/02 02:18 PM Re: Your Winter Steelie Season
plug puller Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: At FL410
I had a good season. Over Spring Break instead of going to those Mtv locations to party I spent on the river. We hooked 15 in 4 trips and 1 trip we got skunked. Also was a small oly pen river were I hooked 5 and landed 2.
I got the honor to fish with Dogfish, great guy I highly recommend fishing with him. laugh
The best part was the god forsaken day that I spent floating with a buddy and we hooked 8 and landed 4. rolleyes bad landing percentage It had 2 inches of snow on the ground and was raining all day. But we only saw 2 other boats. It was awsome. Take care guys and see you in a few weeks.

#151852 - 05/21/02 02:47 PM Re: Your Winter Steelie Season
Eric Offline
River Nutrients

Best season in recent memory for me as far as fish hooked per trip. Did much better on december hatchery fish this year than ever before (found a new fishery) and nate fishing was consistent too. Only negative observation I had was there weren't as many big fish (natives) this year as in years past.....hooked more overall though.

Bring on summer!

#151853 - 05/21/02 03:17 PM Re: Your Winter Steelie Season
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
UNREAL!!! Hope to see the same cycles in the future...
Keith laugh

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
3 registered (Carcassman, Salmo g., 1 invisible), 1070 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645299 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |