Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#152400 - 05/28/02 11:05 AM Neah Bay King Salman Opener
jeff'e'd Offline
Spawner

Loc: Snohomish, WA USA
I'm leaving for Neah Bay this Thursday and was hoping to get a preview of what the fishing is like. Anyone care to share their report?

#152401 - 05/28/02 11:46 AM Re: Neah Bay King Salman Opener
Mike Gilchrist Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Federal Way
Just got back yesterday. King fishing was spotty. Might need to get off shore for consistant action. There were some fish caught on the inside, but not by everyone. Bottom fishing is excelent as usual.

#152402 - 05/28/02 08:56 PM Re: Neah Bay King Salman Opener
StorminN Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Blyn, WA
I drove out to Neah Bay yesterday to get the low-down and take some pictures for the SU site.

From the people I talked to, it's exactly like Mike G. said... spotty on kings in close for the sports boats. The fish checker we talked at about 6pm to had seen 15 chinook in 55 boats. Not everybody was targeting chinook.

I'm going to update the fishing reports page on the SU site tonight, check that out later or email me for more info.

-N.

#152403 - 05/28/02 10:24 PM Re: Neah Bay King Salman Opener
Fishslayer75 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Auburn
Jeff'e'd, what do you think about westport wink E-mail me if you want some info. We had a good weekend over there. Weather picked up Mon. but was great the rest of the time. Hope all had a good weekend.

#152404 - 05/28/02 11:57 PM Re: Neah Bay King Salman Opener
JRfishing Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Mill Creek
Two buddies went this week end, two days fishing (4) springers, from 15 to 20 lbs, 95-110 depth. Flasher and cut plug going, troll as slow as you can and still mkae them roll. Good luck and let me know how you do.

#152405 - 05/29/02 02:05 AM Re: Neah Bay King Salman Opener
StorminN Offline
Returning Adult

Yep, Westport and especially the Canadian side of the Straits did well this past weekend. Sooke had many fish in the 20's and 30's, the two top fish were 41 and 42.5lbs.

Tough to say where to go this weekend...

-N.

#152406 - 06/03/02 11:05 AM Re: Neah Bay King Salman Opener
jeff'e'd Offline
Spawner

I went out (3) days, Friday through Sunday. We got (2) Kings and released a couple of blackmouth under the 24" limit. Both Kings were caught near mushroom rock. The biggest 15lbs at 55' on the downrigger on a flasher and squid. One big one hit and started racing off the downrigger but broke the clip on a coho killer spoon. Would liked to have seen that fish. Lots of bottom fish to fill in on the dead time. Had to stay on the inside, due to the swells.

#152407 - 06/03/02 11:43 AM Re: Neah Bay King Salman Opener
StorminN Offline
Returning Adult

Hey Jeff'e'd, email me...

-N.

#152408 - 06/03/02 03:40 PM Re: Neah Bay King Salman Opener
Chip Goodhue Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Kitsap County
Hey Jeff'ed - Did you hear any reports from the outside for kings? I have heard that is where most of the fish were coming from over the Memorial Day weekend. I am headed out to NEah Bay Thursday through Sunday and was hoping to fish for kings on the inside, but will head offshore if necessary.

Thanks.

Chip Goodhue

#152409 - 06/03/02 05:40 PM Re: Neah Bay King Salman Opener
jeff'e'd Offline
Spawner

Chip,

The "buzz" is that the Columbia River Kings are staying outside. I didn't personally see any boaters coming in to the fish cleaning dock who fished hard on the outside and nailed them. I did see an Indian chap with a tubskid of kings and said they were caught off of 3rd beach, which is just east of the harbor. I suspect he was a using commercial trolling gear. The obvious consideration is how much of a beating are you willing to endure way out there....

#152410 - 06/03/02 05:43 PM Re: Neah Bay King Salman Opener
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
Chip, I'm also going out Thursday - Sunday. What kind of reports have you heard about fishing outside? We have our Canadian salmon & halibut licences. So will be going out to Swiftsure. Will be staying at Snowcreek, campsite across the creek nearest the water_ buddies boat[ orange & white Glassply] answers to Pegasus.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#152411 - 06/03/02 07:05 PM Re: Neah Bay King Salman Opener
Chip Goodhue Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Kitsap County
Thanks Jeff'ed - The reports at Salmon University also suggest the kings are staying outside. I guess we'll probably try it out there if the weather allows - right now the forcast for fri-sun is for NW 25 knots. If that materialzes, my old 22 foot C-dory will be staying inside! Hopefully, some Puget Sound bound fish will show up this week, making the trip outside unnecessary!

I'll post a report next Monday.

Chip Goodhue

#152412 - 06/03/02 08:45 PM Re: Neah Bay King Salman Opener
jcw Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Chehalis, Wa, USA
We followed the charter boats out of Westport Sunday. A bit lumpy out there but not horrible. I'd have stayed in otherwise. The ocean got better as the day wore on.

Got our four in about five hours of hard fishing. Nice quality fish in the low and mid twentys. Trolling plug cut herring and flashers at forty to sixty feet.

The really good news is that we didn't hurt any cohos. Did the downriggers helped get our stuff down past them? I know the charters shook off a few.

There were a lot of fish on the docks so most of the folks got fish but the people I talked to said their charters did not limit.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1083 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645291 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |