LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#152423 - 05/28/02 01:21 PM vedder /frasier kings...
BERKLEY BOY75 Offline
Spawner

Loc: AUBURN
does anyone have any knowledge or info about when the runs are at there peak and any good camping spots close to either of these rivers, and how much a canadian license would be?? thanks for any info **berkley boy**

#152424 - 05/28/02 02:01 PM Re: vedder /frasier kings...
chumsalmon Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Bellingham
check out this web site
http://freds-bc.com/tackle/tackle_shop.htm
it should give you all the info you are looking for. Hope this helps, i can't give you any more information, but am planning on doing a lot of fishing up there this summer, good luck wink

#152425 - 05/28/02 03:34 PM Re: vedder /frasier kings...
BERKLEY BOY75 Offline
Spawner

thanks chum salmon, a very informative sight..you wanna hook up sometime and go up there to the vedder or fraser??? if not its cool..**berkley boy**

#152426 - 05/28/02 05:10 PM Re: vedder /frasier kings...
chumsalmon Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Bellingham
i don't know if i'll be much help to you up there, i hate to admit this but i've never fished the vedder (or fraser for that matter) but am planning on learning this summer (when time allows) but, shoot me an email(markriedesel@hotmail.com) when your headed up there and maybe we can meet on the river or something. smile

Chumsalmon

#152427 - 05/28/02 06:47 PM Re: vedder /frasier kings...
ramstrong Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Glenside, PA USA
Berkley Boy,

A non-resident alien annual non tidal license for BC is $55 cdn. That's like $1.50 US. laugh Actually it's 35.94 US dollars as of today. The Salmon Stamp (to retain salmon) is $20 Cdn or $13.07 US. If you want to fish Steelhead as well, that'll be an extra $40 Cdn which is $26.14 US. If you're just fishing the fraser and Vedder, you don't have to worry about any extra conservation charges and classified water fees. If you stay above mission on the fraser you don't have to worry about the tidal license. So that adds up to $75.15.

Personally I don't buy the Steelhead stamp, because I just go up about twice a year to fish salmon. This year I'll be buying the salmon stamp, but that's just because I want to get some Sockeye this summer. So I'll be paying $50 to fish. But these figures are based on today's conversion rates. It could be more or less depending on when you buy.

Some forums that I would recommend for information on the local fisheries. Fish BC Is the busiest I've found for the area, but is targeted primarily on fly fishing.

Coast Angler is a new forum, so isn't very busy yet. But the guy that runs it posts here as Beek, there he's Oolichan. He, or some of his friends there should be able to help you out with any specific questions you have. Also check out the coast angler website for more information on the local fisheries.

I've only been up there a few times, but have done fairly well when there. I don't make any guarantee's on knowing stuff but should be able to point you in the right direction. If you go there in late October/ early November. The rivers should be fairly flooded with Salmon. I normally fish Chums and Chinook while the locals are busy playing with Coho.

Chicks dig the floppy ears.

ramstrong@hotmail.com

#152428 - 05/28/02 07:15 PM Re: vedder /frasier kings...
beek Offline
Parr

Loc: Langley
Berkley,

The Vedder gets a run of red springs in the summer, opening day is July 1st. This run hasn't been worth fishing in at least 5 years as returns have been pathetic.

There is a run of white fleshed springers that shop up beginning of October, 80,000 strong. The river is polluted with these bad boys. They average 15-20 pounds with a fair number of 45+ caught every year. I beached one close to 50#'s 2 years ago.

The Vedder gets tons of pressure, as does the Fraser. The peak of the Fraser spring run is mid June...most fish are caught by bottom bouncing some of the bars around chilliwack or by bar fishing (plunking) with big spin'n'glo's.

For more info try these 2 links:

Fraser River

Vedder

You can email also if you need more specifics. info@coastangler.com

#152429 - 05/29/02 01:57 PM Re: vedder /frasier kings...
BERKLEY BOY75 Offline
Spawner

i checked out another website, anglingbc.com, but it had to many people bickering back and forth and couldnt get any digestable info from it, is there good camping there around the vedder?? also, have any of you bought a boat up in canada? hows the price differance?? well anyways thanks again for helping me out with thsi subject, i want to actually go up this year instead of the ole, maybe i'll fish them vedder kings everyone is talking about this year..what line test would you recommend for these bad boys?? im thinking of trying that power pro this year..**berkley boy**

#152430 - 05/29/02 02:52 PM Re: vedder /frasier kings...
Ken M Offline
Fry

Loc: Olympia, WA 98516
i fish the fraser four the last 5 years.the first week of augest up in Hope four speringers and soakey thay dont let you know tell a day are so before the soakey are open but the soakey have ben open the first week of augest every year i"ve ben speringers are ther to .good camping up ther to if you have any more questions just ask

#152431 - 05/30/02 01:20 PM Re: vedder /frasier kings...
papafsh Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Everett, WA.
WHAT?
confused

#152432 - 05/30/02 02:32 PM Re: vedder /frasier kings...
CRAVEN MOOREHEAD Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: TACOMA,WA
Ken,
That almost sounded like something a redneck with a huge chaw of tabacco in his mouth might say...
J/K looking forward to seeing you and Tracy up there again

#152433 - 05/31/02 03:21 PM Re: vedder /frasier kings...
rln Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: anywhere in B.C. sometimes wa...
Iam new to this board (1st post) but for some added info on the Fraser, you can fish now at creek mouths between Yale and chilliwack for chinook, there is also fishing at the mouth of the vedder. Most canadians troll with tee spoon spinners or kitamat and koho spoons there. It is a kill fishery for chinooks. nobody up here uses any plugs like k-fish or f-fish when doing this. Also bait wraps are not allowed using sardines/herring or ancovies.
The sockeye fishery will most likly be open for the first and second weeks of august. I have been using plugs at the mouth of the vedder with smelly jelly and catching chinooks in the 10-20lb range. The fall fishery is quite crowded but there is good fishing most of the year and you can bypass the crowds

#152434 - 05/31/02 03:45 PM Re: vedder /frasier kings...
Divers Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle
This is a good site to get the info for that area, also.
http://www.anglingbc.com/

#152435 - 06/02/02 12:21 AM Re: vedder /frasier kings...
Coot Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Kelowna British Columbia
Hi: The season for red Chinook opens on the Vedder on July 1 There is a small run that lasts for about a month. You cannot keep sockeye caught on the Vedder however there was a short open season on the Fraser last year.
The Vedder also runs Chum salmon and in the odd years pink salmon but there is no retension on either species.
White chinook start running in september and the run is heavy Coho also run in october with a fair population. There is a good run of winter steelhead during Jan to April
There are provincial camp grounds at Tamahi creek, as well as at the meadows three miles upstream and just above Slesse creek.
These camp spots used to be serviced and charged 10$per day they are no longer serviced .
There is a commercial rv park on the lower river below Vedder Crossing They charge 24$ per day for trailer parking including sewage,electric and water.
Guide services are available from Fred`s in Sardis and from STS guide services

#152436 - 06/03/02 06:20 PM Re: vedder /frasier kings...
Sprking31 Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Auburn Washington
rln, are you in a boat or are you casting these warts? confused

#152437 - 06/03/02 07:03 PM Re: vedder /frasier kings...
rln Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: anywhere in B.C. sometimes wa...
access to the mouth of the vedder is by boat. the fraser is very high right now and even if you wanted to there is no beach to stand on. I have been fishing the plugs anchored up. I have no small motor on my sled to troll with otherwise I would be trolling with some mag warts and tadpollies. Just been using kwik and flatfish. The chinooks there also seem to travel close to the surface, sometimes you can see them swim by and when trolling the spoons most guys use are maybe 4 to 7 feet under the surface.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 939 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |