Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#152719 - 06/02/02 09:42 PM EF Lewis Ban
RipDatLip Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Battle Ground, WA
Has anyone heard any new knews on the progress of reversing the decision?

It seems like not a lot of people have spoken up directly to the state about this problem...

Why not? Heck, I'd start to write a appeal/petition that would be sent straight to the source of the problem, except I don't have the knowledge that we do combined. Why not come together and write a document stating fact vs fiction? Gaining one river back is another step towards giving the sportsmen rights. Loosing one river without defense, is one step towards lossing them all.

What do all of you say? Is it time to come together and fight for our rights, directly and not indrectly? The government will not stop the power of the people. Just how strong the people are depends on how the state will listen. I think it's time to cause some comotion.

All of you people that read this and are not from WA, this apllies to you as well. If the state can get away with this up here, what's stopping it from happening to you? Why not fight for all of your rights? It's not just a matter of state vs state, we are a nation, united. Shouldn't it be kept that way?

Lets do it.

Matt

#152720 - 06/02/02 11:03 PM Re: EF Lewis Ban
Robert Allen3 Offline
Spawner

Loc: vancouver WA USA
Matt

A few things you might consider.

1. you never had a right to fish bait in the East Lewis or any other river, that is a priveledge.
2. studies have proven that bait on summer steelhead has high mortality.
3. The problem is most likely not in Olympia it is in the Vancouver region 5 office!
4. you are not being kept from fishing the East Lewis you are keeping yourself from it by choosing a method over a river.

5. This has nothing to do with the government taking away any sportmans rights because the government is not trying to do such a thing..

No doubt the rule is a bad one but even worse is the process under which this became a rule That is what you should be writting your letter about..

#152721 - 06/02/02 11:23 PM Re: EF Lewis Ban
RipDatLip Offline
Returning Adult

See, that's what I need - other's opinions/facts. I could pull up old threads, and dig through the information. Is this an idea worth exploiting?

I know there are lots of people here who would love to be able to fish bait on the EF as well. I also know, there is a great amount of knowledge on this board. Combine that with other boards, and I think it would be like one big "super-letter"

So, why not atleast attempt? My point is that I would like to see the rule changed, so would others, we have the knowledge and power in numbers, why not try to get what we want... BACK?

And, btw, when was the priviledge to fish established? I'd like to know. When the state was established?

Matt

#152722 - 06/03/02 03:49 PM Re: EF Lewis Ban
thickline Offline
Parr

Loc: Oregon
I've got to ask, if there is such a high mortality on taking summer fish on bait why risk the 'nates. The thing is if artificials are more difficult to catch fish on then won't you become a better fisherman?

thick

#152723 - 06/03/02 06:03 PM Re: EF Lewis Ban
ctflyfish Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: ridgefield wa. usa
I was disappointed that this regulation change didn't go through the normal public process, but now that it is in place, I got used to it and like it. I enjoy having one river in the region where fly/lure fishers are on an equal footing and where we aren't beating up smolt and wild fish with bait. I think that bait mortality was the reason B.C. banned eggs a few years ago, but I could be wrong.

#152724 - 06/03/02 08:35 PM Re: EF Lewis Ban
Robert Allen3 Offline
Spawner

Loc: vancouver WA USA
Just a minor point I was on the Kalama Sunday I fished the red barn run first I fished it thuroughly with sand shrimp then went through it again with a chrome spoon and had a mint bright summer steelhead come up and almost take but me and my stupid reflexes set the hook while the fish was still a foot away. My point is that giving up on the East lewis because of the bait ban is a mistake..

#152725 - 06/04/02 12:26 AM Re: EF Lewis Ban
RipDatLip Offline
Returning Adult

I'm not going to give up on the EF. I just think it is a joke to all of a sudden change the rules. And from what input? I'd like to change this rule, but I'm admitting I don't have the knowledge or experience to take on such a campaign.

So another one of my points is... Where's the help? If the state can be allowed to get away with faulty procedures (as I understand it), what's stopping them next time?

Ya, I'm a little pissy about the whole deal. It's my home river, and I know I could get about with illegal [Bleeeeep!], but I won't even try it. It's not worth my time, money, and effort. It would all be better spent, trying to gain help (e.g. this board and others) to reverse the actions...

Matt

#152726 - 06/04/02 12:31 PM Re: EF Lewis Ban
Stacie L. Kelsey Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Vancouver
Just a small notation - the problem was not here in Vancouver. Believe me we were as surprised as you guys were.

stace

#152727 - 06/04/02 05:40 PM Re: EF Lewis Ban
RipDatLip Offline
Returning Adult

Stacie,

Do you have any suggestion on how to go about this situation?

Do you have any new news?

Matt

#152728 - 06/04/02 06:14 PM Re: EF Lewis Ban
Stacie L. Kelsey Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Vancouver
Our Regional Program Manager is working on it. I will talk to him tomorrow and see if I can get some sort of update for you.

smile

stace

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 947 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645290 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |