LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#152791 - 06/04/02 01:01 AM vehicle prowls on the Nooch!
Local Offline
Returning Adult

Floated the Nooch today from the mailbox to Black creek, left our rig parked at the gravel bar. Saw a couple of kids fishing with out boots, they were in a red 80's Ford 4x4, they had a puppy with them, maybe a lab. We came back to pick up my partner's truck. Gee, his hip boots are gone and his romeos. They were in the locked canopy, but the slider to the front cab had been open and a door may have been unlocked. This sucks! Maybe I will see those kids again.The worst parts is they were bank fishing so we launched the boat and hurried to leave the hole for them to fish.

#152792 - 06/04/02 02:18 AM Re: vehicle prowls on the Nooch!
plug puller Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: At FL410
Local,
That sucks, I think I might have seen that truck on saturday. If so I guess I was lucky cuz everything was how I left it. I will keep and eye out for them. Take care.
Chris

#152793 - 06/04/02 02:23 AM Re: vehicle prowls on the Nooch!
Steelheader69 Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma WA
I know your pain. My Dad has property just around the bend from the gravel bar boatlaunch. I'll have my boat sitting out ready to go for the next morning (well not anymore). One night last October my dog was barking up a storm and ran outside. Found my cat had been disturbed. Luckily they hadn't got to rods yet, and were trying to take the cataract oars off. My savior was they're pin/clips and take some know how (or a hard push) to get them off. I normally have them up on boat in pins with blades cinched down off back of boat. They had been untethered and sitting on ground as if someone was rowing it. I lucked out and no gear was stolen, but I'm ALOT more careful now. Especially being in a private area and having this happen.

Northwest River Fisherman

#152794 - 06/05/02 12:34 PM Re: vehicle prowls on the Nooch!
Ron Bob Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Carnation, wa
Sorry to here about the loss. It sucks when you can't even park anymore to fish. We've been real lucky so far over there. I hate putting in like that cause the guys know you ain't comming back for awhile and they can keep an eye on you while the ransack you stuff.

By the way how's the fishing down there?

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (stonefish, wolverine), 1053 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645297 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |