Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#153331 - 06/11/02 10:49 PM Hello from Lake Michigan
Fishall Offline
Alevin

Loc: Muskegon Michigan
Hi everyone here at this great board. Call me Fishall. I am a custom Salmon Spoon painter from Muskegon Michigan. I have clients on all the Great lakes and the east coast. I can and do paint any color pattern you could want. I am reading some of the posts with much interest. There oare a lot guys here slammin Salmon. You can email me or visit my site to see the Spoons. Tight lines in 2002, Fishall

#153332 - 06/12/02 08:52 AM Re: Hello from Lake Michigan
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
Welcome aboard, Maybe you could share some insight on how and why different color spoons look in different light conditions or how a color line can change totally change how a spoon looks.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#153333 - 06/12/02 11:29 AM Re: Hello from Lake Michigan
Coho Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Muk
Hey Fishall

Go Red Wings_I have to pull for them now since they beat the Canucks and are playing a team from Carolina.

I am heading to Door County (WI) end of June-maybe Ill throw some spinners/spoons from shore. email me if you have any insight.

Good products on you website--with a spoon thats named Monkey Puke Orange eek I dont think I can pass that one up--I know what will happen first cast --In the trees, eh

#153334 - 06/12/02 12:07 PM Re: Hello from Lake Michigan
umrules Offline
Spawner

Loc: wa., usa
Hey Fishall,
Nice to a see a fellow Michigander on the board. I am origanally from Traverse City and used to compete against Catholic Central, Mona Shores and Muskegon High in the old LMAC conference along with Grand Haven and Benton Harbor. Military transplanted me out here in 89 and have been here ever since. Still bleed Maize and Blue though! (Hope your not a Spartan fan!!) Looking forward to Aug 31 (Huskies visit the Big House!!) Going to check out your web site now, good luck to you!

#153335 - 06/12/02 01:18 PM Re: Hello from Lake Michigan
devine Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Bremerton,WA
Hey Fishall,
I learned my salmon fishing from Lake Ontario ( which has much bigger fish than Michigan!)I have caught quite a few salmon out here on Great Lakes spoons. Anyways what is the website so I can check out the Monkey Puke?

#153336 - 06/12/02 03:17 PM Re: Hello from Lake Michigan
cohoangler Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Vancouver, Washington
Fishall - Welcome. My early experiences with salmon and steelhead are from the Great Lakes. I've fished most of the major rivers from Lake Ontario, to the eastern shore of Lake Michigan and throughout the U.P. I sorta miss some of those rivers, particularly the Big Two Hearted River on the Lake Superior shore.

Since you're a spoon maker, be sure to pick up a copy of Salmon/Trout/Steelhead and read Bill Herzog's column on spoons. He provides a great tip on a copper/silver plated spoon that is supposed to be dynamite on salmon.

I'm looking for both a silver plated spoon and a copper spoon in 1/4 ounce so I can build what he recommends. But no luck yet. If anyone knows where to get either or both, please post it!

#153337 - 06/12/02 11:56 PM Re: Hello from Lake Michigan
Fishall Offline
Alevin

wow lots of replys, Im not a Spartan fan Its the Wolverines for me. I can get a silver on one side spoon with copper on the other in hammered or hex style but Im not sure about 1/8 th oz. Ill check it out. Im living very near Mona Lake for the guy who play against shores. Wow small world. The addres to my site is next to the profile Icon on my posts. A little house I think. Its not cool to post html addresses on a public forum so I use the ones they provide. I can make a lot of different stuff and Monkey Puke is an old one. Try Monkey Melon and Tampon lol the names are more fun than the fishing. You should here the radio out on the the lake when the comics get going. we got some cool deals coming up so visit us often and save big. I also refinish old spoons. some guys have sent me hundreds at a time. You would not believe what a guy can do with old plating. Take care,go Redwings and Tight lines , Fishall

#153338 - 06/13/02 12:13 AM Re: Hello from Lake Michigan
Fishall Offline
Alevin

For Jerry, Im not quite sure I know what you mean. I add things like Mica and pearlescent to some of the paints to make greens come from purples it has to do with light refraction like a prism. Its like adding thousands of little mirrors to the paint. Most of the Spoons out today use a Hex pattern blank because the Hex casts the light in many different directions. Real Gold and Silver buffed spoons give off lots of flash but that is not always the ticket. Super clear waters make more natural colors like pearl white and grays with light black and transparent colors over silver or Gold like Monkey Puke are really working these days. I shoot anything you want so color is not an issue with me. I would think Ocean fish would like colors that look like Herring or other forage. Im guessing Gold and Black must work pretty good . Also remember that fish dont see things like we do. I could never figure out what a chartruse spoon was suppose to look like to a fish. I just go with the flow any color you want works for me. Fishall

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Al Gore, czer, Robb92, wallyw
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1155 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13525
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645406 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |