LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#153371 - 06/12/02 09:48 PM Montanna LOO OUT!!!!!
dcrzfitter Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tenino, wa U.S.A.
going to be hitting the road next friday evening for the wounderful state of Montanna. we are going on our anual week long fly fishing trip. It is going to be so cool to get out and chunk some bugs and fight some of them BIG Montanna trout!!!

we will be staying in Wolf Creek,a small town 2 hrs North of Misoula. Going to take the new cat on her first trip!!! I just hope I got all the bugs worked out.

dcrzfitter laugh

#153372 - 06/13/02 09:02 AM Re: Montanna LOO OUT!!!!!
mt. mike Offline
Parr

Loc: florence mt
uummm drcz 2 hrs north of Missoula will put you somewhere in Canada. There may be a Wolf Cr up there but I'd bet that you are actually going to be a couple of hrs east of Missoula. Make sure you check your regs cause the got rewritten this winter with considerable help from local guide shops. Not that the MFP can't use a little imput from time to time. But tell me, if a river has 4500 fish per mile and just about noone keeps one when they catch it, why do you lower the limit to 1? It doesn't matter much to me, I don't keep many trout anyway, but I do let my kids keep a couple as long as there arent fish lounging around in the freezer.

#153373 - 06/13/02 01:21 PM Re: Montanna LOO OUT!!!!!
blackdog Offline
Fry

Loc: Central Oregon
Not sure if you ever get out of Florence mt. mike, but I lived for a few years in St. Ignatius and I know for a fact that two hours driving barely gets you to Kalispell, which is still over an hour from the border. Wouldn't mind getting back in your neck of the woods though, as I also lived in Victor for a while, and loved fishing the Bitteroot down there.

#153374 - 06/13/02 06:19 PM Re: Montanna LOO OUT!!!!!
sushi Offline
Smolt

Loc: seattle
the reason they lowwered the limit was to many bait plunking folks were keeping five fish a day,day after day after day. one guy they caught fishing in that area was returning to the boat launch with his limit then driving down river to pick up the rest of his days catch (apparently he did this for years). it took the warden quite a bit of work to figure it all out. eventually they took his right to have a fishing licence away. that was one of many stories i heard about such things when i lived there.

#153375 - 06/15/02 09:35 AM Re: Montanna LOO OUT!!!!!
mt. mike Offline
Parr

Loc: florence mt
Hey blackdog,I think I might have followed you around the lake once, were you in multi colored cheby, broken spring and hitting on 5 out of 8 cylinders? I had a car like that once too.
Sushi, The last time I was on the mo, is was a boat every 200yd, a few fly fishers from the bank and an occasional hardware fisherman. The moss is so thick ya gotta go down to near Gt Falls to use bait. Of course some do, my point is by Wolf Cr you aren't going to see many bait fishermen. The FWP's official reason for the reduction in thye limit is due to whirling disease. I'm just a little cynical about the politics that seem to run the fwp and thier decesions.
Now if I can just get my ol car started I'm off to Polson to coach some little league baseball. How much time should I allow for that trip blackdog? confused laugh laugh

#153376 - 06/30/02 02:33 PM Re: Montanna LOO OUT!!!!!
dcrzfitter Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tenino, wa U.S.A.
I'm Back!!!

WOW what a grea time. I learned a few new things. People in Monatanna are different. thye know no other spead on the roads other than fast!!!!!!!! even in the parking lots they are doing at least 50 mph!!! and some of those women are really hot. they can really handle a fly rod and a set or oars. I was so surprised to see so many fine women out in the sun in the drift boats and rafts with no guys(just a girls day out in the bikini and a few fly rods)

The fishing was a little tuff but we did allright. It has been a cold spring so the hatches are a little behind. we still had a blast! It was the first real trip with the new super CAT. it was so much easyer to fly fish from it than the drift boat. we were really pleased how it worked out for us even better than we thought it would.

now I just gotta get ready for summer runs this next weekend!!!!!

dc laugh

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
captainchris
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Carcassman), 1230 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645416 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |