Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#154088 - 06/26/02 06:09 PM Fish Guts!
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy Offline
Spawner

Loc: Enumclaw
Hey guys I'm just trying to pass on this wisdom! You can actually save every part of the fish and have a use for it. I am a trout fisherman and was cleaning my fish when i noticed this one guy was leaving with his fish uncleaned. He told me that he goes out to his garden, makes a small hole, puts all the guts, head, and tail into the hole and covers it. I've tried this for the past few months and its worked great for my moms roses, veggies, etc.
Just thought I'd pass that on...

#154089 - 06/26/02 07:06 PM Re: Fish Guts!
JasonS Offline
Smolt

Loc: Port Orchard, WA
Worked great till my German Shorthair started diggin them up and thinking they were perfume.

#154090 - 06/26/02 08:13 PM Re: Fish Guts!
jeffjk9 Offline
Alevin

Loc: Redmond
I am with Jason S on this one The fish guts are a wonder on the flowers and such but oh how the cats and dogs love the stuff, My cat and little Jack Russel used to fight over the burial grounds.
The cat wanted dinner and the dog was looking for that oh so good smell to rub all over himself before coming inside to roll around. If you have no animals then its all good but the neighbors animals may soon find a new buffet section in your Moms flowers...

#154091 - 06/26/02 10:27 PM Re: Fish Guts!
BigShark Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: PDX
What schools did you guys go to? Don't you remember the teacher telling you that the pilgrims
couldn't grow the corn the indians had given them
until the nice indian showed them how to bury a fish with the seed? laugh The nice indian is still teaching today. How to put your money in this little hole and watch the cherries pop up when the thing quits going around.........sometimes!
You know, they are pretty damn smart in my book.
When we got here, they had the women do all the work, the men only fished and hunted and there were no taxes. Boy did we ever screw that up!

#154092 - 06/26/02 10:37 PM Re: Fish Guts!
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy Offline
Spawner

Loc: Enumclaw
Yeah right on! laugh laugh laugh I dunno how the women would like that today.... But hey, you get to fish and hunt, that rules!
And as far as the dogs and cats go... but either horse fencing around it or chicken wire... and make sure you dig a trench and insert it into the ground a bit to so they cant dig it.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Born2Boat, Dirk Mc Girk, Frankster, Oz-fish, starfisher
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 376 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |