Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#154193 - 06/28/02 04:39 PM Summer-Run on the Nooch
Dom Offline
Fry

Loc: Tacoma, WA
Hello Board--

Have the summer steelies made it to the Nooch yet? I was planning on maybe floating it this weekend in my pontoon boat, but I live in North Bend now and was wondering if I could get a report before I drove 2 1/2 hours to get there. Any info would be great!! Feel free to email if that is your preference. Thanks and you've got to love this rain.

#154194 - 06/29/02 10:56 AM Re: Summer-Run on the Nooch
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
The river has been in good shape, and the recent rain has the river level on the rise, a good thing. In my 5 trips down so far this year it has been slow, but last week's rain supposedly brought in a few fish. I am fishing it this evening, so I'll give you a report tonight.

Andy

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#154195 - 06/29/02 11:13 AM Re: Summer-Run on the Nooch
ltlCLEO Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: brownsville wa.
Thanks for the reports Dogfish,I have missed that run the last two years!I used be able to get into a couple a year but the last two years I have struck out.I usually do the hike from the What I think is the 7000 bridge up about 7 miles.My other hike is the collection back down.I usually do the first trip the second week of jully,anyway thanks again for the report. cool

They sure closed alot of roads up there!It is getting hard to find a place to camp! mad

#154196 - 06/29/02 01:02 PM Re: Summer-Run on the Nooch
plug puller Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: At FL410
Yeha, Andy I agree it has been absolutely slow. I was down there around the 12th and there was 6-8 boats and no one touched anything. confused
It is getting pretty low for a DB, I scratched mine up pretty bad just doing the ussual stuff. Take care.

#154197 - 06/29/02 06:43 PM Re: Summer-Run on the Nooch
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Well,

I thought my thousandth post was gonna be a happy one, but it is not. I headed up to put in my pontoon raft, but when I got to the river, it was puking mud and relatively high.

Last night I checked the USGS site and it had a flow rate of 360 CFS. Just got off of that website and it says the river is flowing at about 2650 CFS. CRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP! That flow would be great if it was winter time but this summer rainstorm made them open the dam and ruin my evening fishing trip.

Oh well, the river will hopefully be in shape by the 4th. I'll keep folks updated.

Andy

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#154198 - 06/30/02 10:11 PM Re: Summer-Run on the Nooch
plug puller Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: At FL410
Just give you guys an update: I fished it today and the river dropped in perfect. The only thing was there was no fish. frown All the people I talked to didn't touch a thing over 10 inches. Well, there is an update for you fella's good luck. smile

#154199 - 07/01/02 01:25 AM Re: Summer-Run on the Nooch
Elkman Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Anchorage, AK U.S.A
Not so fast Plug Puller, Aka Chris. I woke up late today with a slight hang over and headed for the Wynoochee. I was on the water by 8:45, and had a chrome 12lb hen on the bank by 9;45. The river was in perfect shape, and I even got to break in my new Rainshadow 1141 rod the right way. Chris call me (360)373-5368 Ryan

Elkman laugh

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1074 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |