LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#155026 - 07/12/02 04:41 PM Rockfish - Ocean closure - Get involved!
Pilar Offline
Fry

Loc: Portland Oregon
http://www.ifish.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=013649

Here's a link to that 'other' fishing forum. We made some inroads today on getting access to the nearshore management.

If you care about the closing of the Pacific Ocean to fishing, read, learn and get involved.

Mr. Gilchrist, this ones for you ..

Peace,
Pilar Out

#155027 - 07/12/02 08:31 PM Re: Rockfish - Ocean closure - Get involved!
BigShark Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: PDX
HMMMMMMMM
Not one hit on the thread in 4 hrs.........maybe nobody cares........no that isn't true.....there has to be another reason!
EXCUSE ME.....EXCUSE ME PLEASE .......What part of no deep water fishing for halibut starting next year and lasting for the next 100 years do you not understand? HMMMMMMMMM
I'm absolutely certain this bunch knows about the Magnuson Stephens Act and what's up with it now. I'm almost certain his board has to know what happened at the San Francisco meeting of the PFMC last week. I also know these folks know that it's a bad idea to allow the fox to guard the hen house. HMMMMMMM I wonder if they know that here in Oregon we don't have a near shore bottom fish management program. I wonder if the Wassie do?
With the threat of those bottom dragging nets moving into water 25 fathoms or less you know those Wassies are on top of this. I wonder?
HELLO...........HELLO..........Is anybody out there?

#155028 - 07/12/02 08:43 PM Re: Rockfish - Ocean closure - Get involved!
Fish Jesus Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma
BigShark...your moniker is starting to make sense. wink

Are those real teeth? laugh
How long are you? eek
Man eater? eek
How long since your last meal? frown
Did you see Jaws? laugh

FJ...out.

#155029 - 07/13/02 12:33 AM Re: Rockfish - Ocean closure - Get involved!
BigShark Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Hi FJ, leave a few for me. smile

#155030 - 07/15/02 04:55 PM Re: Rockfish - Ocean closure - Get involved!
BigShark Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Well it can't hurt to take it to the top one more time. What if it turns out that no fishing will be allowed past 25 fathoms, regardless of how deep you put the lure or what you say your target
is? Besides, watching those big nets drag along the shore and out to the 25 fathom limit could be real educational. Can't you just see the guys on the fishing piers giving jestures and a few choice word to those netters as they reel in to let them go by. Oh well, they won't loose anymore gear as the bottom will be nice and clean. No habitat, not even a fish to have to bother with. Must be that the Wassies have an exemption to all this! HELLO.............are you guys exempt?

#155031 - 07/15/02 05:32 PM Re: Rockfish - Ocean closure - Get involved!
Doug Kelly Offline
Spawner

Loc: Bothell WA
are you talking in washington or oregon, if its wash i thought they already had a one mile no net rule that was imposed about 14 years ago???

#155032 - 07/15/02 06:02 PM Re: Rockfish - Ocean closure - Get involved!
BigShark Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Doug
I'm glad to hear that WA has thought ahead. We are not so lucky here in OR. Our ODFW stated last week they don't have the authority to do this and will have to get it from the legislature quickly.
The ban on all bottom fishing in more than 25 fathoms will be your only fight I guess, but thats big enough. Wish we were as fortunate. Tight Lines

#155033 - 07/15/02 07:45 PM Re: Rockfish - Ocean closure - Get involved!
Doug Kelly Offline
Spawner

Loc: Bothell WA
bigshark i'm not totally posative on this but was almost certain something was imposed, i do remember going out about 16 years to neah bay and couldn't buy a bite from a bottom fish, went out about 5 years ago with tommy cod charters and couldn't even get the lure to the bottom befor something ate it up, so it does work, and was trying to recall what he said about the net ban within a mile frome shore, don't know if it would be any help to call olympia(360)902-2700 and see how it was done up here? just an idea, doug

#155034 - 07/15/02 09:43 PM Re: Rockfish - Ocean closure - Get involved!
Fish Jesus Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma
BigShark...leave a few for you. laugh

I hear that there is some easy pickins wading off Owens beach...about three feet out. wink laugh

FJ...out.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
FISH'N BRASS, jomat, Rollo, Venga, Warlock49766
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 855 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63786 Topics
645447 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |