LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#156198 - 07/29/02 10:33 PM Low water Cowlitz!
RK43 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Edmonds
Anybody run the Blue Creek slot when Tacoma Power has only 2800 ft per second coming
down the river? Couldn't even launch at my proprerty this weekend. Had the choice of
BC or Mission, and Mission got the nod. We were a mere 3 for 4 fish on the trip, ( should have
gone to a single number 4 hook w/corcky instead of the dubble) but had a lot of fun.

That Blue Creek drift is a ZOO on weekends.

#156199 - 07/29/02 10:53 PM Re: Low water Cowlitz!
Asteiger Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Los Angeles
I was supose to go last weekend, but they lowered the river so we couldn't launch from our friends property as well. So i ended up not going becuase it would've been a hassle finding a place to stay, yada,yada,yada. But this weekend we are supose to go again. So what i'm asking is does anyone know if the river is excpected to be lowered again and what condition is the river in now?

Andrew

#156200 - 07/29/02 11:04 PM Re: Low water Cowlitz!
GreenSauks Offline
Juvenile at Sea

We put in at Blue Creek on Sat, didn't have any problems with the low water level. Spent more time in neutral then in gear when side drifting though...slow ride for sure down to the bottom of the run. Things get a little tight up top with people dropping the hook on both sides of the river. We almost got closelined several times when guys would get hung up with each other on different sides of the river...They'll hold thier rods straight up in the air when they see a boat coming eek Still fun though as their are still a few fish to be had! laugh laugh

#156201 - 07/29/02 11:32 PM Re: Low water Cowlitz!
RK43 Offline
Returning Adult

.Skeets 13, The river is as low as I have seen it. Conditions are a bit low for optimal fishing, I think 3,700 to 4,400 is perfect. We saw a lot of fish moving around, that was pretty cool!!
The best part of the low water is the visibility of the slots. I learned a lot about the river this weekend. I heard a guide high centeres his boat on the inside out hole on Saturday. All of the clients had to getout so they could push the boat off of the bar eek eek . No wet feet there.

Greensauks, Glad to hear it. Next weekend I will give BC a try reather than the Mission launch. We put in at 4:00 AM and were the second boat in. Had to wait a while for enough light to run up. then it was a big game of follow the leader. Real neat till the leader pulled out with motor problems, and I became the leader eek . My buddy asks me if I know where I am going, I told him I sure hope so....

#156202 - 07/29/02 11:37 PM Re: Low water Cowlitz!
Fish Jesus Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma
The lower water gives the fishies less places to hide! wink

The weekend crowd is a bit thick...and the weekday crowd...the way to go! laugh

I'm ready for a different kind of fight! I'm Cowlitz'd out! eek

I woke last night to a fish with pitchfork and horns perched on my shoulder chanting Kings...Silvers...Sockeye...Kings...Silvers...Sockeye! laugh

FJ...out.

FJ...out.

#156203 - 07/30/02 12:03 AM Re: Low water Cowlitz!
RockLizard Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Lakewood, WA
I hear ya on that one FJ, Cowlitz is definately on the back burner for a while for me. Went back to the river I mentioned to you on the phone the other day. Counted 10 "rollers" in about 2 hours, a couple of which had some good size. They were real low in the river though.
Tight Lines
RL

They can have my eggs when they pry em from cold dead hands

#156204 - 07/30/02 12:38 AM Re: Low water Cowlitz!
Demon Spey Offline
Smolt

Loc: On a river near you
Im not having any problems catchin my limit BUT MY GOD IS FREAKY comming up Blue Creek!!!!!! I didn't think it was that bad, and throttled up the boat, and damn near beached the boat on the other side of the river,that is some tricky water go slow up the chute!!!!
Got my limit yesterday, there just HAMMERIN' my corkie! The Biggest fish I got yesterday, My bait just hit the water and the fish just Grenaded it, it didn't even reach the bottom of the river before the fish took it. We lost three more.

#156205 - 07/30/02 11:27 AM Re: Low water Cowlitz!
RiverLiver Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tacoma, WA,
RK,

If you fished the Cow last summer it was running 2500 + or -. You could put a piece of coal between your butt cheeks and come out with a diamond in a few places including the shute @ BC. laugh

#156206 - 07/31/02 12:35 AM Re: Low water Cowlitz!
egg goober Offline
Juvenille at Sea

went today to the zoo, but the crowd was'nt there.
went 3for 14 between noon and six. had to find them though! low and clear!

#156207 - 07/31/02 01:40 AM Re: Low water Cowlitz!
RK43 Offline
Returning Adult

I'll be down again this weekend look for the Wooly with the black stripe and 150 Johnson. I'd be glad to talk to any of you guys. Good luck! True story about the coal. A guy could start his own jewelry store laugh laugh

#156208 - 08/01/02 03:50 PM Re: Low water Cowlitz!
crazyfisher Offline
Fry

Loc: Battle Ground
It's true I was there on tuesday and the water is low but I still managed to take a 15 pounder out of there and my cousin got a 10 pounder.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Chromeo, Colluvium, lat59, m wilson, phishkellar, TBJ
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (eddie), 960 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645360 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |