Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#156490 - 08/04/02 12:46 AM Kalama steelhead snagging
S&S JUNKIE Offline
Alevin

Loc: kalama,wa usa
I saw something the other day on the Kalama that made me sick to my stomach!!!!!! I would appreciate any help I can get in my new mission in life. I hope that there are at least a few of you in the area that will help me in this endeavor.
There is a local guy from the Kalama area named Jason, that I think lives in Mahaffey campground. I personally witnessed him baltantly and openly snagging steelhead in the beginners hole. He has also been teaching a couple of young boys his fine art.
I for one have become sick and tired of these pieces of garbage ruining our fishing!!!!! Please help me in making it as hard as possible for this indiviual and others like him to practice what they think is sport. Anything you can do to get in thier way,report them to WDFW,tangle up thier lines, harrass them until they leave,anything.I have really had it with him and indiviuals like him.
Please feel free to post suggestions in how to win this battle.
Thank you to all who are truly concerned

#156491 - 08/04/02 01:20 AM Re: Kalama steelhead snagging
Asteiger Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Los Angeles
I've witnessed some things like that as well it's to bad that those people can't catch fish so they hafta snag em up to bring home dinner wink But my buest suggestion would be for you to get hold of of WDFW or however u say it and let them know what's going on and just tell them that they should have more wordens just hanging around those popular places for people to fish and just be on the look out for any people like that.
hope this helps.

Andrew

#156492 - 08/04/02 02:25 AM Re: Kalama steelhead snagging
Big T Offline
Smolt

Loc: Snohomish
I always say what I think to them ( sometimes it's pretty hardcore) I have run off alot of snaggrers by just chewing them out and pissing and moaning, I had one guy go a bit far and me and him about took a roll mad , I think he knew he was in the wrong cause short of getting his butt kicked he left, it's tough, these guys see all those fish and they just want one! but the law is the law and we are sportsman (not indians (no offense!) ) so we must respect the law and support it, so I support it by voiceing it, and uphold by honoring it, don't get hurt over it but do what you can.

#156493 - 08/04/02 09:54 AM Re: Kalama steelhead snagging
willierower Offline
Spawner

Loc: Albany OR
Those local low life loser Kalama boys only know how to snag. Just got down to Camp Kalam when the silvers are in. What a joke.............

#156494 - 08/05/02 01:27 AM Re: Kalama steelhead snagging
DRIFT BEGINNER Offline
Parr

Loc: longview, wa cowlitz
The boy and I were on the Kalama today and seen all the snaggin going on at begginers hole. I really couldn't believe it, I thought those guys only came out when the silvers were in. Any way got the boy away from that and went up to tackle grabber and we landed two nice stealhead. My son got one on jig and bobber and I got one on sandshrimp, I was pretty proud of the boy he's 11 and is just begining and landed the fish on 8# line smile DRIFT

#156495 - 08/05/02 06:57 PM Re: Kalama steelhead snagging
Kid Sauk Offline
I'm a freak'n CAKE

Loc: Almost on the beach
It never ceases to amaze me how some people just snag away, especially with steelhead. Summer steelhead are excellent biters and super agressive, unless of course they are pounded on by snaggers mad , and all it takes is some good bait or good hardware and it's fish on. Those fresh Kalama silvers are good biters too, but I guess that a treble hook is cheaper than a Vibrax or coho flies. rolleyes

It sucks that the older boys have to be a bad influence on the new generation of fisherman because the young ones are so easily influenced. When I see the youngsters up to no good I usually tell them that the wardens are watching with binoculars and if they snag and get caught they will lose their rod and go to jail with "Bubba". When I describe Bubba, they usually will be scared enough to give up the illegalities. Another way to do it is to have a buddy go several hundred yards downstream so he's just barely visible and have him watch with bino's. Tell the lowlifes that the game warden is watching and when they see somebody in the distance watching them, they will usually [Bleeeeep!] their drawers and vacate pronto.

My name is Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiddddd.....
KID SAUK!!!!!

#156496 - 08/05/02 07:28 PM Re: Kalama steelhead snagging
silver hilton Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Out there, somewhere
Kid, that is a great idea. I have a game warden green shirt and a pair of binos. With a little cooordination you could have a lot of fun with this.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
captainchris
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Carcassman), 1230 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645416 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |