Smolt

Loc: Sadly in Seattle
laugh laugh
Man Dan, that was sweet
laugh laugh

#156931 - 08/15/02 12:01 AM Re: Flossing Time!!! Fraser Sockeyes
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cool G-Man! Lot of stone casting in this thread...any apologies forthcoming? I should hope so! rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes

#156932 - 08/15/02 01:07 AM Re: Flossing Time!!! Fraser Sockeyes
G-MAN Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: BELLINGHAM / EVERSON
Gooose, come on. You don't think a Purist would say sorry for anything do you? eek
I'm not holding my breath. _____ AuntyM, could you please insert a smiley holding his breath here? laugh
Thanks, GEE

#156933 - 08/15/02 01:22 AM Re: Flossing Time!!! Fraser Sockeyes
Robert Allen3 Offline
Spawner

Loc: vancouver WA USA
No apology from me cause i did nothing wrong... I guess purist just means ethical now.
I am getting tired of all this reletivism. Some things are just unethical such things never have a time and place where they are ethical. Snagging is one of thoes things. It is always wrong even where it is legal. Frankly i think it's stupid to lower our expectations of sportsmen to the lowest common denominator. There is no difference between ripping chinooks in the back with a trebel wrapped with lead than drifting a lure into a pool so full of fish you can't help but snag one. No difference at all.. There is no difference between flossing sockeyes than there is snagging a wild steelhead off a redd. Also no difference in the "fly anglers" who often floss coho on the Kalama. legal or not enforced or not it is wrong to fish knowing that the fish are not volentarily eating your lure or bait. That is snagging and snagging is always wrong Period that is the way it is. make all the exuses you want but you cannot change the truth..

If your up on the frasier snagging sockeye then do not dare say a word when you see some yahoo snagging a wild steelhead off a redd in thr sol duc the stilly the Skagit or any other river.. There is no difference!

#156934 - 08/15/02 01:48 AM Re: Flossing Time!!! Fraser Sockeyes
tilla Offline
Parr

Loc: Portland
I just read this thread for the first time. I met G Man at the Columbia Flotilla this spring gunnel to gunnel.(Team Sneakin' Out) My crew will agree that he seemed like a genuinely nice guy and really hoped that he would do well. He seemed to be the type to really earn and deserve his rewards (he travelled a ways too). As I read this thread I kept thinking to myself that there must be a mistake or maybe he made a mistake (I had even forgiven him). Why wasn't he responding? Alas, an explanation. Whew. I am going out of my way to shake his hand the next time. I am also going to tell my crew of the further adventures of G Man.

#156935 - 08/15/02 02:05 AM Re: Flossing Time!!! Fraser Sockeyes
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Yep, Rob, and shoplifting is capital murder too, right? rolleyes

I figured as much from you, though. I won't waste my time responding to your drivel any more.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#156936 - 08/15/02 08:58 AM Re: Flossing Time!!! Fraser Sockeyes
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
Poor RA3, The world is full of people who believe the way they think is the way it is for everybody when in reality[mine of course] the way they think is how it is for them and only them. We have laws and rules for a reason, if it makes you angry that your superior ways are not supported by law, you might have some people [ WTO ] who a couple of years ago invaded Seattle and created quite a scene ,they thought their thoughts should be the law.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#156937 - 08/15/02 09:41 AM Re: Flossing Time!!! Fraser Sockeyes
CRAVEN MOOREHEAD Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: TACOMA,WA
RA3,
Have you thought of registering your views as a religion? I think there may be tax benefits available for your commune of zealots.

As they say..."Go sell crazy somewhere else, we are all full here"

#156939 - 08/15/02 11:31 AM Re: Flossing Time!!! Fraser Sockeyes
Bobber Down Offline
Spawner

Loc: Lake Forest Dark, Wa
RA3:

"If your up on the frasier snagging sockeye then do not dare say a word when you see some yahoo snagging a wild steelhead off a redd in thr sol duc the stilly the Skagit or any other river.. There is no difference!" ......

Give me a f$#(*$)NG break here! Well the first difference is 8 - 12 million fish vs. a few hundred, these fish are not sitting on redds, and are chrome bright and not cherry colored boots!

RA3, Like I said before I'm glad I will not have to see you or any other angling "ethical purists" up in B.C. flossing away rolleyes

G-Man:
Sorry that I misjudged your catch limit for your party. It's always nice running into a fellow yank up there in B.C.

BD

"It makes no sense to regulate salmon habitat on land while allowing thousands of yards of gill nets to be stretched across salmon habitat in the water"

John Carlson, Gubernatorial Contender, Sept. 2000 speech at the Ballard Locks

#156940 - 08/15/02 12:38 PM Re: Flossing Time!!! Fraser Sockeyes
Robert Allen3 Offline
Spawner

Jerry Garcia: In Washington my views are supported by law. Flossing is illegal here (just not enforced)

all: so if there was several million steelhead in the sol duc you'd be in favor of snagging them???
Thats bull s... in my opinion

#156941 - 08/15/02 02:49 PM Re: Flossing Time!!! Fraser Sockeyes
Dave D Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Gold Bar
copied and pasted from anglingbc.com

Wednesday, August 14, 2002 - 07:50 pm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
closure to sockeye retention in the Fraser River

Hello All,

We have rec'd word that the closure to sockeye retention in the Tidal and
Non-tidal waters of the Fraser River is expected to go into effect on Sunday
Aug 18 at 2359 hrs.

The remainder of the South Coast is expected to close Friday Aug 16 at 2359
hrs. A further update will be provided on Friday afternoon (after 1500 hrs)
after the Fraser River Panel meeting. A fishery notice is being posted
today.

Note: We have been experiencing problems with our network today so it may
take awhile before it is updated.

#156942 - 08/15/02 09:36 PM Re: Flossing Time!!! Fraser Sockeyes
TheRogue Offline
Fry

Loc: Lafayette, OR
Quote:
Jerry Garcia: In Washington my views are supported by law. Flossing is illegal here (just not enforced)
And, it's legal up there. If you don't like it don't go up there and do it.

Quote:
all: so if there was several million steelhead in the sol duc you'd be in favor of snagging them???
Thats bull s... in my opinion
If there were several million steelhead in ANY river we likely wouldn't be having this discussion!!!

#156943 - 08/15/02 10:16 PM Re: Flossing Time!!! Fraser Sockeyes
G-MAN Offline
Returning Adult

NO DRUGS TODAY!!!! Feeling better. laugh

Robert Allen- I would agree. Snagging. Where it's illegal, should not be tolerated. mad

But...some species of fish can only be "Harvested" by Snagging/Flossing. However you what to call it.

Paddle Fish, Are harvested by using a 8/0 treble hook "above" a 2 oz weight. Alot of bottom bounching and rod jerking involved. Why does the Game Dept allow it and tell people how to do it? #1 Because they don't bite and if some of the paddle fish were not removed from the system they would take it over entirely, period!

Gators are harvested in Florida the same way, by Gov't supported wildlife control agents!.

Sockeye, Don't bite and some of them have to be removed because the eco-system could not support that many fish at the spawning areas.
So what should the Gov't do? Stop sport fishing on sockeye and only allow the Natives to net them? This would prove to lose the Fisheries alot of $$. Not to mention the tackle shops, hotels, resturants, Guides(who need the extra income to get them through the slim times) Not to forget fish/habitat programs which are supported by sportfishermen, not commerical netters! wink

I worked for a processing plant and know where all the excess fish go "Dog Food" or Mink Food! What a waste. Right?

RA3, would you agree best practical way to use the extra sockeye would be in feeding families? wink
Whether you feel this type of fishing is "Below You" It's alot harder than just throwing out a hook and "Yarding" in a fish.
Two of us fished 6 hrs one day with only 2 in the boat! Meatfeast? Not from what I've seen.
I've met alot of guys at the launch without any
fish for that day! eek

All of our fish, except "2" were hooked on the "inside" of the mouth! I'm still not convinced all sockeye don't bite.

15 yrs ago I believed as you do. But as I get older I see the bigger, whole picture and not just me, mine, myself, I. Fishing is for "All" not just for me!
Just my 2 cents, for what it's worth.
I hope when we all meet, we all meet as fellow fishermen, friends with a common goal "Save Our Sport" laugh

Tilla, Thank You wink

#156944 - 08/15/02 10:45 PM Re: Flossing Time!!! Fraser Sockeyes
the_beek Offline
Alevin

Loc: langley
RA3,

Why is it more ethical to fool a fish into injesting your hook then proceeding to drag it to shore while it struggles violently only to let it go so some other sadist can do the same thing.

Believe it or not most non-fisherman believe that C&R is morally corrupt..."why would you drag a fish to shore only to let it go."

You have a perverted code of ethics, one that wouldn't hold water in any philisophical debate.

For argument sake,if we are hooking fish in the mouth, or anywhere for that matter, for our own pleasure, why is it necessary that they bite. Isn't the end result the same?

#156945 - 08/16/02 12:06 AM Re: Flossing Time!!! Fraser Sockeyes
Coot Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Kelowna British Columbia
I guess there is only one way for a Canuck to answer this pile of crap. If you dont like the fishing STAY HOME You wont be missed.

#156946 - 08/16/02 12:43 AM Re: Flossing Time!!! Fraser Sockeyes
G-MAN Offline
Returning Adult

BEEK-COOT!
I guess I'll be on the river again Sat morn. laugh
Only as a guide...guide the boat around submerged nets!! eek
Remember what my boat looks like?
We'll be above the 1st bar above the Harrison and to the right down the channel.
Stop in and say hello, unless 5:30 is too early?
rolleyes
GEE

#156947 - 08/16/02 01:07 AM Re: Flossing Time!!! Fraser Sockeyes
RK43 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Edmonds
BOB ALL 3

The hook hurts just as much on the outside as it does on the inside. The great fisherman of the Frasier have the oportunity to legaly make that fish sting, inside or out. The difference is, is that they BONK em when they bring them in, not let em go with a " I love you fishy fish, if you were a tree I would hug you"

Glad you got such wide shoulders BOB...You deserve even more.

#156948 - 08/16/02 01:39 AM Re: Flossing Time!!! Fraser Sockeyes
RK43 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Edmonds
BOB ALL 3

The hook hurts just as much on the outside as it does on the inside. The great fisherman of the Frasier have the oportunity to legaly make that fish sting, inside or out. The difference is, is that they BONK em when they bring them in, not let em go with a " I love you fishy fish, if you were a tree I would hug you"

Glad you got such wide shoulders BOB...You deserve even more.

#156949 - 08/16/02 01:54 AM Re: Flossing Time!!! Fraser Sockeyes
Robert Allen3 Offline
Spawner

" If my father had had his way anyone who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching it."
Norman McLane

Snaggers= scumbags PERIOD!

#156950 - 08/16/02 02:01 AM Re: Flossing Time!!! Fraser Sockeyes
Anonymous
Unregistered

Geez do we have to listen to "Mein Kampf" from RA3 forever? eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Carcassman, Clipfin, Danny Clyde, Dannyboy, dk1948, Twitch
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1004 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645361 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |