Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#157576 - 08/18/02 12:22 AM Area 7 Blues
fishkisser99 Offline
Spawner

Loc: Eastsound, WA, USA
...haven't seen or touched a fish since July! Been fishing Obstruction, Pt. Lawrence, Sucia, Patos...nada, nothin', zip. Anyone else singing the San Juans Lament?

#157577 - 08/18/02 12:09 PM Re: Area 7 Blues
fishbelly2 Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Monroe Wa
You know part of the reason is because you don't have a boat!! laugh laugh laugh Silvers will be trickling in the end of this month and should be in full FORCE first couple weeks in Sept.. Be patient they will show up!!

#157578 - 08/18/02 11:31 PM Re: Area 7 Blues
mikvin Offline
Parr

Loc: seattle wa
Fishkisser. I feel your pain. I have been struggling in area 7 also. The only fish I have caught have been off the west side of Lopez.

#157579 - 08/19/02 09:29 AM Re: Area 7 Blues
fishkisser99 Offline
Spawner

Sheesh--don't rub it in, FishbellyJr! Have you sold that boat yet, or are you ready to donate it to a needy (and currently lame...I mean my LEG...) saltwater troller? lol

Been running out in my buddy's boat, tapping my foot in rhythm to a 2-STROKE kicker, watching my money slowly trickle away into the depths. Even lost my first crab pot of the season yesterday...

I know, I know--the fish are in the mail...but I just can't wait to heal up and get back on the river!

...know why fish jump? Because they don't have middle fingers...

#157580 - 08/19/02 11:11 AM Re: Area 7 Blues
jeff'e'd Offline
Spawner

Loc: Snohomish, WA USA
I just got back from fishing the west side of San Juan and had a good experience. I went out on Friday afternoon, got to Salmon banks about 1:30pm and picked up a couple of nice silvers within an hour or so. Then the killer whales showed up in full force. While there was a couple of them behind my boat, my right downrigger went off with a nice king, the whales didn't go after him thankfully!!! It seemed incredible to me that I was catching fish even with whales around. I picked up one more king and my son and I stopped fishing due to our limit and headed for our moorage spot up the Island at Garrison Bay. I went out the next morning and picked up one more king just outside the harbor by spieden passage and lost one big king that made a couple of nice runs, but got off. That Friday was one of my best day's fishing in the San Juans and a day that I won't forget for a long time. It was also neet to see the whales breaching all the way out of the water.

#157581 - 08/19/02 01:18 PM Re: Area 7 Blues
deckhand Offline
Parr

Hey Jeff'e'd
I'm headed up that way today. Never fished the area before. Any pointers?

#157582 - 08/19/02 01:24 PM Re: Area 7 Blues
jeff'e'd Offline
Spawner

Loc: Snohomish, WA USA
Look for Eagle Pt on a chart. It's just NW of Salmon banks. The kings were hitting my cop car coyote 3.5" behind a green glow hot spot flasher. The silvers and kings were hitting 80-95' for me. I also got some fish on a hootchie (herring tipped) behind a flasher (both silvers and kings). Good luck. Look out for the fog. It came rolling in from the straits all weekend and prevented me from going back to Eagle pt.

#157583 - 08/19/02 01:27 PM Re: Area 7 Blues
deckhand Offline
Parr

Thanks!

#157584 - 08/19/02 03:02 PM Re: Area 7 Blues
Pitch Pocket Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Portland, OR
I was trolling at Eagle Point first of August when I noticed a small school of salmon high-tailing it on the surface! Looked up and saw 30 whales coming right at us along with about 50 whale watching boats. Pulled up the riggers and had a real show. I think they liked my new black bottom paint because about 17 of them kept circling the SeaSport.

First of August had some reports of large kings, but not very much effort was seen by me. Most boats at Eagle Point and Middle Bank were bottom fishing at slack. Crabbing generally sucked where we tried, but the shrimping was good. We caught a few large rockfish (Quill backs, Coppers and Cabezon) on a couple of humps we found outside the "no target" zones in about 250' of water.

#157585 - 08/21/02 12:07 AM Re: Area 7 Blues
fishbelly2 Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Monroe Wa
Fk99,
Took the signs off the boat as I will be needing it for my Sekiu trip the first week of Sept. Hope all went well w/ the knee carving :p Keep us up to date with the area 7 status, watch those killer whales and happy fishin!!! laugh laugh laugh

#157586 - 08/21/02 03:57 AM Re: Area 7 Blues
fishkisser99 Offline
Spawner

...sounds like they're hammering the Samish run on the inside waters but I've spent enough time sitting in a boat...I'll wait for silvers to start showing before venturing out onto the salt again. I need some tenderfoot time on the Stilly for late summer runs to get me back in shape! rolleyes Hope your forays at Seiku are productive--sounds like you'll have no problem finding your limits!

Lookout! Here comes the school year!

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Schmidtm, schmidty, Spinhead
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 903 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |