Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#157721 - 08/21/02 02:33 AM Re: Ted's Sports Center in Lynnwood
BASSER Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Tacoma Wa,
First off i have never been to teds ( wrong side of town ) I work too hard for my money. If you want my money you will have to work for it.

It sounds like it was the clerk not teds as a whole.

#157722 - 08/21/02 03:22 AM Re: Ted's Sports Center in Lynnwood
superfly Offline
The Renegade White Man

Loc: The Coast or the Keys !!!
I have been shopping at Teds since I was 10 years old, well I did not buy anything then. It was My dad and grand father doing the buying back then. Anyways that was when mike chamberlin was very young and just an employee. If you want to do the math I am 37 now. anyways I do business with them in both capacities both buying and selling and I have never had problem one and enjoy doing business with them. I bet if you went back in there when they were not so busy and you talked to them you would have a much better experience.
Peace Superfly laugh laugh

360-888-7772

Stay Tuned for upcoming Hunts & Fishing info...........

New website & Channel Dropping soon !

Stay tuned for Turkey, Bear & Deer Hunts Along with Guided Sport Fishing.

Book Release Prior to Christmas 2021

#157723 - 08/21/02 03:34 AM Re: Ted's Sports Center in Lynnwood
Sparkey Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Western Washington
Quote:
Originally posted by 4Salt:
Maybe it was one of his EX employees? :p laugh
You mean one of the ones that QUIT!!!!!!!! rolleyes mad

No need to publically badmouth a former employer when one is far better off!! smile

#157724 - 08/21/02 08:54 AM Re: Ted's Sports Center in Lynnwood
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
I too buy all my local tackle at Ted's and have for years------If it was Mike [the owner] who so rudely pointed out the rodrack for you -a small explaintion. Since Sparkey left for Kaughmans[sp] and Reiterrat went to 3 Rivers Marine I would estimate that Mike Has worked Close to 5 months with only 2 days off. I would venture to say that it would be the rare individual that could deal with the public[ fisherman at that] and not p!ss somebody off. Not that Mike is a perfect gentleman at all times, but then again who is.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#157725 - 08/21/02 09:24 AM Re: Ted's Sports Center in Lynnwood
Pmartin Offline
Spawner

Stilly Bum.....Now that was FUNNY laugh laugh I couldn't agree more with you....

I personally thought Ted's was great...My first time in there, a few years ago.... Mike, sat there and BS'd with me giving me some tips and pointers like he had known me for years or that I had been a customer of his for years. I have also been in there when he was busy and not so...'talkative' but hell it happens. I didn't take it personal...

I believe if I get terrible service somewhere the best thing you can do is never give them a dime of your money. That's the only way a business will listen.

#157726 - 08/21/02 11:11 AM Re: Ted's Sports Center in Lynnwood
RiverLiver Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tacoma, WA,
I bet Kent @ 3rivers Tackle would put the other rod back with a smile . Check them out at www.3rivers.com

#157727 - 08/21/02 12:54 PM Re: Ted's Sports Center in Lynnwood
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
Whoah there Sparkey! You haven't worked there for a while now right? Liberty said his incident happened about 3 weeks ago. cool

You wouldn't happen to be harboring some kind of grudge now would you? Certainly couldn't tell by your response. rolleyes

Lighten up my friend. You are much too young to be so angry wink

#157728 - 08/21/02 01:07 PM Re: Ted's Sports Center in Lynnwood
Jerry Garcia Offline

Kent isn't always an angel either. Just because he's handsome doesn't mean he's nice.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#157729 - 08/21/02 01:21 PM Re: Ted's Sports Center in Lynnwood
devine Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Bremerton,WA
Where is Ted's... Kind of New to the Lynwood/Edmonds area.
devine

#157730 - 08/21/02 03:43 PM Re: Ted's Sports Center in Lynnwood
glowball Offline
Spawner

Loc: bullcanyon
Are your feelings really hurt that liberty didn't enjoy his experience at teddy's. Some strong words been used in his direction. Maybe we aught to mellow out a bit. no sense losing sleep b/c some guy had his panties in a bind. Kinda makes me laugh that you are so easily agitated. Same kind of people end up causing the problems when combat fishing is taking place. Hope not to see ya out there.

#157731 - 08/21/02 03:55 PM Re: Ted's Sports Center in Lynnwood
Woodsy Wayne Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Devine
The address is at the top of this page., but

Basically it is in North Lynnwood, on Hwy 99.

Woodsy Wayne

#157732 - 08/21/02 04:09 PM Re: Ted's Sports Center in Lynnwood
devine Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Bremerton,WA
Thanks woodsy. I am going over there tonight to check this place out. Be ware I might come back with my panties in a wad and start crying on this board. ha ha
devine

#157733 - 08/21/02 04:23 PM Re: Ted's Sports Center in Lynnwood
obsessed Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle, WA, USA
Hey Jer, I always knew there was something between you and Kent. Always sneaking those looks... :p

#157734 - 08/22/02 03:09 AM Re: Ted's Sports Center in Lynnwood
Sparkey Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Western Washington
Quote:
Originally posted by 4Salt:
Whoah there Sparkey! You haven't worked there for a while now right? Liberty said his incident happened about 3 weeks ago. cool

You wouldn't happen to be harboring some kind of grudge now would you? Certainly couldn't tell by your response. rolleyes

Lighten up my friend. You are much too young to be so angry wink
Sorry 4-Salt...I thought you were somehow implying a former employee made the post bashing Ted's.

So someone left Teds in the past couple weeks??? Do tell...inquiring minds want to know!! laugh

#157735 - 08/22/02 02:58 PM Re: Ted's Sports Center in Lynnwood
posh II Offline
Returning Adult

To get this straight, I think, the original poster
said that he went to this place three weeks ago.

#157736 - 08/22/02 03:18 PM Re: Ted's Sports Center in Lynnwood
hawk Offline
Spawner

Loc: austin, Minnesota, USA
Everyone has good days and bad days. I can tell you that any time I'm in Seattle, that Teds is on the top of my list. Next stop is somewhere on a river.

I know Mike has new guys in the shop now, and don't know them at all, but Mike is nothing but top notch. He has always made time for me, and is a true wealth of knowledge for fishing in Washington and Alaska. I'll continue to do business at Teds, and will stop in to say howdy to Mike, even if I'm not buying anything.

#157737 - 08/22/02 03:47 PM Re: Ted's Sports Center in Lynnwood
skyrise Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: snohomish, wa
Have been buying, shooting the breeze, and just hanging out at Ted's for- yikes! 30 years. Where else would I go? Mike is the best, and has to put up with all the B.S. that goes with owning a tackle shop (not the easiest job in the world) for a long time now. If you had 1 bad experience, please give them another shot. Like almost all the posts here have said 'their one of the best'.

#157738 - 08/22/02 06:24 PM Re: Ted's Sports Center in Lynnwood
Hohwaiian Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle, Washington, US
Two weeks ago Mike accidentally rung me up for three tapered leaders that got mixed into my pile of gear at the register; about $10 over. Since I already paid for the stuff on my credit card I just grabbed two PW darts to make up the difference. Anyway, on the way out he stuffed a pack of Owner trebs in my bag, on the house. It was a good experience because he didn't have to do that...

"Yes" it was crowded that Saturday. And "no" I'm not one of the regular customers that hang out there to shoot the breeze. Since I live in Fed Way I usually buy gear at Sportco or Outdoor Emporium. But now I'll make it a point to go north and give them more business.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
ET, kbrain57, OLYBEAV
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (I'm Still RichG, Excitable Bob), 547 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645418 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |