LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#157866 - 08/22/02 02:28 PM Coyote spoons and hootchies W/O flasher?
HBP Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everett,Wa
I'm heading to Seiku in a week and I read in the Seiku reports that Superfly went thru 100 herring in 3 hrs...ouch! Is it worth trying spoons or hootchies without flashers? I really hate to use any more hardware than neccesary to catch silvers,and really don't want to buy that much bait. How about the smaller Hot-Spot flashers or the trout size flashers by Luhr-Jensen? Any other tecnique's that don't require alot of hardware? Thanks!

- no boss, no clock, no stress, no dress code...no shoes,no shirts, no problems. - Kenny Chesney -

#157867 - 08/22/02 02:37 PM Re: Coyote spoons and hootchies W/O flasher?
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
Coyote's should work great by themselves. Hoochies probably will not, they don't have their own action like spoons do.

#157868 - 08/22/02 02:57 PM Re: Coyote spoons and hootchies W/O flasher?
Fishslayer75 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Auburn
HBP, you could use anything out there to catch fish! When there in you can't even get you gear in the water and down before it's FISH ON! I like the coho killers and just about any other spoon will work. Add just a touch of scent are you will do fine. I would also recommend going really lite on the gear. IT makes catching those fish a blast. If fishing with downriggers try a flasher off the ball w/ a spoon just above it. Small dodge is also a great way to go if the fish are spread out. Good luck.

#157869 - 08/22/02 03:15 PM Re: Coyote spoons and hootchies W/O flasher?
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
4" green/chrome Coyote spoon, 6' leader, 3 oz. banana sinker. Troll fast, 2.5 to 3 mph. let out about 30' of line so your just behind the prop wash. Find the tide rips (there's lots of them). This combo is GUARANTEED to put fish in the boat at Sekiu.

#157870 - 08/22/02 03:21 PM Re: Coyote spoons and hootchies W/O flasher?
havnfun2 Offline
Smolt

Loc: puyallup wa
with spoons what i like to do is attach a hot spot to the downrigger ball say about 6-8 ft back,i have a green heavy plastic like cord between ball and downrigger wire clip(narrows marine has them) line relaese goes on at the wire run spoon back 10-12 ft and have fun when they run!

#157871 - 08/22/02 07:32 PM Re: Coyote spoons and hootchies W/O flasher?
JacobF Offline
Spawner

Loc: Post Falls, ID
Here's what we use. It works great, is easy to use, and eliminates a flasher on the line.

Get a Fish Flash by Big Al's. It's a triangular flasher with bent corners. Rather than make big, sweeping circles, it just goes along straight, while rotating in the water.

Ok, take your Fish Flash and clip it directly to the downrigger ball or cable just above the ball. Run it about 6 feet back.

Drop the ball aboout 4 feet and clip your release to the cable. Run your spoon, or whatever lure you're using about 10 feet back. This should put it about 4 feet behind the Fish Flash and 4 feet above it. This technique could be done using regular Hot Spot flahsers, but due to the large circles it makes, you have to put your lure about 10 feet above it at the minimum and even then, you may get some tangles. The Fish Flash is the way to go.

Now, when fish sees the Fish Flash and it attracts them, they get behind it and the lure is right above them. Since fish see up, it puts the lure in a perfect position to induce a strike. Not only is this technique very effective, it also eliminates the need to have any kind of flasher on the main line so you're just fighting the fish.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Carcassman, Clipfin, Danny Clyde, Dannyboy, dk1948, Twitch
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
4 registered (steely slammer, wolverine, 2 invisible), 941 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645366 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |