LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#158280 - 08/26/02 08:35 PM Directions to Haapa Park/hole, for anyone that wants to know
crazyfisher Offline
Fry

Loc: Battle Ground
If you are going north on I-5 take the woodland exit and go right, instead of going straight, take another quick right. Follow that road for about 15-20 min. Then see a split off of the road, look for a sign that says Haapa park go right. On that road take the first right, straight down the road then you will see it at the bottom. When you get there you will have to look for a trail, go on the trail until you get to the river, cross the river (not deep up to your knees is the deepest) to the island, the other side of that island is the hole. Hope this helps!

#158281 - 08/26/02 08:38 PM Re: Directions to Haapa Park/hole, for anyone that wants to know
NewBieFishermen Offline
Parr

Loc: Kent
Thanks for the directions, I might have to check it out this weekend. Is there normally a lot of people fishing this hole? Thanks,

#158282 - 08/26/02 10:10 PM Re: Directions to Haapa Park/hole, for anyone that wants to know
Thumper Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Those directions may be a bit misleading. Let me try to clarify. The access to Haapa is on the south side of the North Fork Lewis. From I-5 northbound exit at Woodland. Turn hard right, then hard right immediately again across the bridge to the south side of the river. Follow that road up the river (left) until the road forks. Keep left at the "Y" and then take the first left to Haapa (it is marked).

What I wonder is why anyone would go there right now? If you launch a boat you cannot go either upriver or downriver as the flow is only 1,000 CFS. If you are bankfishing, I have to ask for what??? The steelhead are stale and not likely to bite, and there are not yet salmon in the river. Perhaps in a few weeks........

Please join CCA. After only 18 months total Pacific Northwest membership is over 7,000. We need you!

The walls of death have got to go!

#158283 - 08/26/02 11:18 PM Re: Directions to Haapa Park/hole, for anyone that wants to know
ramstrong Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Glenside, PA USA
Jack,

If I'd have to guess I'd say he's fishing on some old springers. Crazyfishers been posting that the fish are breaking his 8# test. Even old springers can stress that line weight. I saw a ton of them rolling at the meathole this weekend when I stopped there during a drive to Couger.

No Coho, but in a couple of weeks! It'll be a different story now won't it?

Chicks dig the floppy ears.

ramstrong@hotmail.com

#158284 - 08/27/02 01:31 AM Re: Directions to Haapa Park/hole, for anyone that wants to know
mudslinger Offline
Smolt

Loc: GOLD BAR,WA
could someone tell me what a springer is.i just moved to the area and never heard of them before thanks for the info,Bruce

#158285 - 08/27/02 02:36 AM Re: Directions to Haapa Park/hole, for anyone that wants to know
crazyfisher Offline
Fry

Loc: Battle Ground
weird huh just old salmon. I know not to get the old ones, I'm not a retard. I hooked 5 nice bright steelies and one extremely nice salmon, my cousin hooked a beautiful steelhead. So please don't be dumb and say I just go for the old chinook, it's so dumb. I may only be 16 years old, but I know a whole lot more then you think. Think before you say, you make lots more friends. But wait how would I know I am only 16. Fishing is my anti drug, whats yours?

#158286 - 08/27/02 03:10 AM Re: Directions to Haapa Park/hole, for anyone that wants to know
Chromeo Offline
Spawner

Loc: Kenmore, WA
So he said that the fish are stale and not very likley to bite... He wasnt slamming you. Also if you are hitting fish like crazy why do you want to give up directions to everyone on the WWW? Even if it is a popular place just say ive been hitting fish on the so and so river and DONT post driving directions that is insane do you want a thousand people there this weekend? I surely dont enjoy combat fishing. i read your other post to dude. That make you look like the jerk/retard or whatever other insults you came up with. Also why did you make a new topic out of this? OOPS it looks like it was deleted before i could post this. Read your posts they are rediculous. Think before you say, youll make alot more friends... smile

TTT

P.S. Mudslinger a springer is a king that makes its run up the river in the spring instead of the fall or winter.

#158287 - 08/27/02 03:16 AM Re: Directions to Haapa Park/hole, for anyone that wants to know
ReiterRat Offline
Gearhead

Loc: Snohomish, WA
crazyfisher is just trying to be helpful . Let's just leave it at that .

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Brad_tgl, Coho, NewNWSalmon3
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (Carcassman, 1 invisible), 822 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645358 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |