THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#159236 - 09/10/02 03:27 PM Re: Any word on Elliott Bay/Area 10 coho?
Busy Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Bellevue
I am headed out on Wednesday. Will the launch that we used near 1st Ave bridge be good to launch at or will I have to look out for nets and be better off launching elsewhere? What do you suggest that I use?

#159237 - 09/10/02 04:41 PM Re: Any word on Elliott Bay/Area 10 coho?
troller Offline
Spawner

Loc: Renton , WA
The launch their is not bad if you have a smaller boat. It can be tough they indians pretty much take up the parking area. Luckily I moore my boat at south park marina so no hassles. Watch the tides when launching I launched my smaller boat their a couple of times when it was low and had to drop the trailer off the end of the ramp. About a 14 inch drop off and my boat is light and trailer sits really high. the only other launch I know of is on alki tho a couple of people that live down their have their own private launch in their back yards.

#159238 - 09/10/02 05:01 PM Re: Any word on Elliott Bay/Area 10 coho?
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
Those fish in the picture were caught last year off of Redondo. That's one silver and one king. If I remember correctly, I caught both of those fish in about an half an hour of each other. Than was an "easy limit"!

If you are going to fish the Green, 1st Ave is the launch to launch at. I fish all the way up to Pacific Hwy after 9/16. Don't worry about nets till Sunday afternoon. The indians net Sunday (P.M.) through Thursday when the silvers are at the peak of run. What to use: Wiggle Warts, plain and simple.

See ya out there!

#159239 - 09/10/02 05:41 PM Re: Any word on Elliott Bay/Area 10 coho?
SalmonFisherJeff Offline
Smolt

EL!

I stand corrected. Upon closer inspection of the picture, it doesn't look like Armeni Ramp at Elliott Bay. Still...nice fish.

SFJ

Get Hooked!

#159240 - 09/10/02 07:53 PM Re: Any word on Elliott Bay/Area 10 coho?
Little Fish Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle, Washington
Easy,
When you say use Wiggle Warts how are you presenting them. Casting and retrieving from the boat (from the bank), trolling them upstream, running upstream and backing them down through likely slots? Just wondering what has worked well for you.
JMS

#159241 - 09/10/02 09:58 PM Re: Any word on Elliott Bay/Area 10 coho?
Busy Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Bellevue
Easy, sounds like I may run into some nets on the river Wednesday morning, is this correct? Also, will wiggleworts work in the Bay? If not how about coho killers or hoochie etc?

#159242 - 09/10/02 11:34 PM Re: Any word on Elliott Bay/Area 10 coho?
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Little Fish,

I troll Wiggle Warts, not Mag Warts they are to big, right on the surface with no weight, with trout gear. I run my mainline to a snap swivel then to the WW. You can also cast them if you are on the bank.

Large spoons (dick nites, crocodiles, coyotes)also work for casting and trolling. Once again, I do not use any weight. When the silvers are in the river they are right on the surface, heck they practically jump in the boat, you will see.

Busy,

You may or may not run into some nets on Wednesday. I am not for sure if they have started to net the river yet. From all the fish I have observed today and yesterday I would say they have not started netting yet. After they start netting the Green just dies, no activity at all.

I have not tried WW's in the salt. I do know large Kwikfish (K-13 or 14) do work in the salt. Once again, do not use any weight in front of them.

Coho Killers and hoochies will work in the bay. Put them behind (18") a Hot Spot with about 4 oz. of weight in front of the Hot Spot.

#159243 - 09/11/02 03:03 PM Re: Any word on Elliott Bay/Area 10 coho?
Schlab Offline
Parr

Loc: Seattle, WA USA
Was out in Elliott Bay Monday night, it sucked. No fish, except abouta kajillion shakers, no sign of an adult coho anywhere. Fair amount of bait around...talked to a guy who picked up a couple of small ones, probably residents, at 4 mile rock....don't think they've showed yet.

#159244 - 09/12/02 12:16 AM Re: Any word on Elliott Bay/Area 10 coho?
Downriggin Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Marine Area 13
Dangerous Dave and myself were out this morning and didn't touch a thing... Chatted with one ol' timer and he said he'd been some out in the deep water off Dolphin, but they were small 3#-4#

Downriggin'

Puget Sound Anglers, Gig Harbor Chapter

#159245 - 09/12/02 12:22 AM Re: Any word on Elliott Bay/Area 10 coho?
Cigar Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Shoreline, Wa.
stopped by the ramp in West Seattle this evening, talked to one angler who fished the bay all afternoon with no luck. Nobody fishing off the pier either.

Cigar

#159246 - 09/12/02 12:25 AM Re: Any word on Elliott Bay/Area 10 coho?
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

My friend Barry was talking to some guys at the 1st Ave launch and they said they were limiting out every day. The key here was they were getting there fish between 10 AM and noon.

#159247 - 09/12/02 09:21 AM Re: Any word on Elliott Bay/Area 10 coho?
troller Offline
Spawner

Well we hit it from 4pm -7:15pm last night nada nothing. Used wiggle warts and mag warts and hot shots and coyote spoons. Lots of small fish . I bet in a week or so they will really be coming in numbers. fair number of fish jumping put no takers. Talked to three other boats no fish either. It amazes me I see guys trolling up to the bridge under it and turning around on up river side I guess that is stretching the rules . I then headed up and about halfway to the 14th ave bridge I see three guys casting from the shore. I guess they were trout fishing ???

#159248 - 09/12/02 09:42 AM Re: Any word on Elliott Bay/Area 10 coho?
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Troller, to bad you did not get anything. Those fish can get a real bad case of lockjaw.

The river is closed to ALL fishing above the 1st Ave bridge till the 16th. I have seen guys fishing/snagging at the 112th St foot bridge. I have also seen the warden there too. cool

#159249 - 09/12/02 09:48 AM Re: Any word on Elliott Bay/Area 10 coho?
troller Offline
Spawner

Yeah you gotta have days like that it makes the good days even better. It s nice just to get out. I am going to hit it friday night again I am thinking about using a dick nite spoon behind my down rigger down 5 feet. I would bet it would be a better bite early in the morning. I could tell the fish coming up the river really picked up near high tide. Saw a lot of bigger schools on the fish finder a few monsters also propably a few late kings.

#159250 - 09/12/02 10:57 AM Re: Any word on Elliott Bay/Area 10 coho?
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

A couple of years ago I caught a big ol' hook nose on a BIG silver Dick Nite trolling. So, I know they work.

#159251 - 09/12/02 12:35 PM Re: Any word on Elliott Bay/Area 10 coho?
troller Offline
Spawner

I have only used them for trout but see no reason they wouldnt work. Heck one time I caught walleye on pieces of hot dog. Had a better time laughin than fishin joking with my buddies about the bait we were using. we ran out of worms. Had a pack of dogs sitting in the cooler.

#159252 - 09/12/02 12:56 PM Re: Any word on Elliott Bay/Area 10 coho?
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

I think as long as you are using something shiny and fast moving silvers will hit it. They are not real picky. But like I said before they can get a real bad case of lock jaw.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Iwant2fish
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 520 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645418 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |