Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#159285 - 09/08/02 04:06 PM Snaggers!
Puddlefisher Offline
Egg

Loc: Kirkland Wa
Skeets and I were fishing on the snohomish today and there was a snagger that caught at least 3 or 4 fish! mad I hate poachers!

Good Fishin

PuddleFisher

#159286 - 09/08/02 04:24 PM Re: Snaggers!
ROCKFISH Offline
Spawner

Loc: manchester,Wa
check this out, went to the quilcene thursday evening, there was a warden at rogers st. I was asking him about the mouth if you could fish it and some inbred comes up with tuna type spinning rod and tells the warden he better get down there because everybody is snagging. then I see him one hr later with a cannon ball sinker on the bottom and a 5/0 hook by the looks 6 inches above the lead. he was the most expierenced snagger there I thought by all silvers he caught and the chum he would kick them hard into the water. some people really piss me off. Ben

#159287 - 09/08/02 04:39 PM Re: Snaggers!
Asteiger Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Los Angeles
I wouldn't call it poachin, i'd call it being a terrible fisherman and the only way they can get fish is to do it that way. We could see him lay flat down on the gravel bar looking for fish and then he's just start jerkin like crazy. He wasn't the only one doing that down there there were a few others as well. I think that they should definetly stat inforcing those regs a bit, at least have a warden down there or something. in all the times that i've seen this i've never seen one warden. Not to get away from the topic which is, snaggers GO AWAY dont come back another day. wink Havent i head that some where?

Skeets

#159288 - 09/08/02 06:23 PM Re: Snaggers!
Sullie Offline
Spawner

i was fishin wit skeets and puddlefisher this mornin and i agree wit skeets. there needs to be more regs out there. and if people cant catch fish the rite way why fish.

#159289 - 09/08/02 07:17 PM Re: Snaggers!
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
I was down on the Green, by Boeing, this afternoon and there was some punk kid poaching. He foul hooked and kept a king. Nothing like horizontal jigging. mad mad

#159290 - 09/08/02 08:00 PM Re: Snaggers!
Padre Offline
Parr

Loc: Gig Harbor, WA USA
At the quil... fishing hard and all I caught in the mouth were the chums... except one silver in the eye so I'm not counting it. I saw hardly anyone catching silvers that weren't snagging them.

The Dept. Fish must not care right now because the quota is full at the hatchery. I was there all day Sat. and the people were obnoxious with their snagging gear. One guy had a Mitchell Garcia 300 with a 5ft rod! It was absolutely riciculous and out of control.

A local kid said they were allowing snag setups. All I know is everyone was in a free for all and the locals were pretty ticked because people were parking on there property. One lady got so fed up that she took off all her no parking signs till everyone parked then put them up and called the tow truck. I don't know the whole story, but the general feeling was a little out of control from the fishing to the locals.

#159291 - 09/08/02 08:43 PM Re: Snaggers!
beachbum252 Offline
Egg

Loc: peninsula
I went to the Quilcene this Saturday and walked a long ways down the Quil from the 101 bridge without much luck, so I went down to Roger's street . Wow what a blood bath, there must have been about a 100 people in a very small area snagging fish like crazy. People were hauling out garbage bags full of silvers and the fish cops sitting in the parking lot did nothing... I felt disgusted with the whole experience and walked away with no fish.

#159292 - 09/08/02 11:10 PM Re: Snaggers!
trouter Offline
Parr

If you want to see some of the finest snaggers in the state come down south. The Cedar Creek hole on the Lewis River is where I first saw the 3 step drop back hook set. They set the hook so hard their rod tip hits the ground behind them. Camp Kalama on the Kalama River is another great spot to wintness some of the states finest. I'm almost to the point I wish the state would close waters where snaggers are known to frequent in large numbers. Snaggers suck.

#159293 - 09/08/02 11:58 PM Re: Snaggers!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Padre
You need to come fish with me wink laugh .....kept 4 chromers all hooked inside the beak.....cnr'd a bunch more hooked inside the beak that were small or firetruck red bucks....had very little trouble with the dogs as where I fish you can see them and therefore avoid them wink . Dances and I put on a smack talken show for about a dozen snaggers for 2 hours tonite....."dang it that nice smoker bit my black and purple yarn fly?!?" eek "dang it them dang things keep biten....[Bleeeeep!]!" rolleyes

#159294 - 09/09/02 12:33 AM Re: Snaggers!
ROCKFISH Offline
Spawner

trouter you really think they should close down waters that harbor snaggers? sportsman are there own worst enemy

#159295 - 09/09/02 12:37 AM Re: Snaggers!
Never Enough Nookie Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Bremerton
Goose,
I plan on coming up one of these evenings or mornings and would like to get in on the action with you. Maybe get some tips. I imagine you are up about every evening but I will try to reach you first and get the scoop, be giving you a call in the morning. Talk to you later.

NEN cool

#159296 - 09/09/02 12:45 AM Re: Snaggers!
Never Enough Nookie Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Bremerton
Goose,
I plan on coming up one of these evenings or mornings and would like to get in on the action with you. Maybe get some tips. I imagine you are up about every evening but I will try to reach you first and get the scoop, be giving you a call in the morning. Talk to you later.

NEN cool

#159297 - 09/09/02 01:23 AM Re: Snaggers!
trouter Offline
Parr

ROCKFISH, I have yet to see one sportsman snagging fish in these areas during the snagfest season. Shutting off access to these spots probably is not a good idea. But I get so disgusted with the actions of these NON sportsmen, the idea sometimes comes to mind. I think the really solution is a high profile presence of enforcement officers, but with lack of them I don't know if it's possible.

#159298 - 09/09/02 01:49 AM Re: Snaggers!
ROCKFISH Offline
Spawner

I dont believe in snagging but I do feel everyone does it from time to time in these hatchery fisheries like the quilcene and other places where those fish are so scared for there lives that I know 99.9% are snagged. me I just cast a 1/8 oz 2/0 jig with no bobber and see if they will take it rolleyes . tight lines

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1428 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |