Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#159414 - 09/11/02 11:44 AM Re: WA. Boat trailer license fees incresed 200 +%
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Vic,

Check the Smithsonian Air & Space Magazine, March 2002 issue for a brief run down. For an in-depth accounting: Downing the Avenger, The $5 Billion Misunderstanding and the Collapse of the Navy Stealth Bomber Program by James P. Stevenson, Naval Instiitute Press, 2001.

Just an example how we get it coming from the Dems and going from the Repubs. Both parties have become an abomination, and as long as we keep voting party lines, abominable candidates is what we'll get in office.

Good reading.............

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#159415 - 09/11/02 02:38 PM Re: WA. Boat trailer license fees incresed 200 +%
Skywalker Offline
Spawner

Loc: Snohomish, WA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by DeKuma:

We do have two new stadiums to pay for don't we?? I mean we did vote to build them didn't we?? rolleyes
Oooohhhh, don't go there. We only voted for ONE of those stadiums. The political machine passed the "house that Griffey built". Gag, choke, cough. wink

#159416 - 09/11/02 03:04 PM Re: WA. Boat trailer license fees incresed 200 +%
Vic Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everett, Wa, USA
Skywalker:

If you will remember correctly we didn't vote for either of them. We voted on a salestax increase to pay for the construction of Safeco Field. Not weather or not we should build safeco field.

#159417 - 09/11/02 03:09 PM Re: WA. Boat trailer license fees incresed 200 +%
BigShark Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: PDX
The grass always seem greener on the other side for some reason. You could live here in Oreoland and get to pay 9% of your check without spending a dime. You guys don't have to pay unless you spend it. I pay before I get to see how much I've got. Oregon is not where you want to move to. frown frown frown

#159418 - 09/11/02 03:37 PM Re: WA. Boat trailer license fees incresed 200 +%
DriftWood Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma, Wa, USA
Isn't it nice that we paid for the tool that is now being used to fleece everybody who goes to a game. 300 bucks for a family to see a stinking ball bame 7.50 for a lousy beer. As far as the tab deal goes we can't win, you can pass any initiative you want and the politicos will find another way to get into you wallet. The 30 dollar tab we all voted for does not exist.

#159419 - 09/11/02 04:02 PM Re: WA. Boat trailer license fees incresed 200 +%
Pmartin Offline
Spawner

This state never ceases to amaze me... First they throw out 695 because it is improperly worded. Then, since they aren't getting enough money from tabs(although they have no idea exactly where this new revenue is going to go) they reword the tab issue and take out the (minor) word 'motor' to make the issue less confusing!?? mad I can't speak for all of you but what the heck is confusing about the word motor??? Either you have a motorized vehicle or you don't mad
I have never sat there and thought...Hmmmn, maybe I could put a V-8 in my utility trailer or that I actually would have considered my boat trailer to be motorized. The whole reason I don't have a bigger boat yet is that in need a vehicle with a larger MOTOR!!! Not a larger motorized trailer!!

Where lies the confusion ???

The only confusion I have is how these jokers are keeping their jobs.. If any company in the private sector was to run their business the way this state does they wouldn't be around very long.

Well I am just going to get the two day license for my trailer and keep that in the vehicle. I refuse to pay $50 a year to keep my utility trailer up to date...I'll take my chances without the tabs... All kinds of cops hang out around the trash dump rolleyes

As far as my boat trailer...If the money were to go to parks or to off set launching fee I'd be all for it. Or hey! Maybe we could even fix up some of the launches?? After all a boat is a luxury item and you'll always be dinged or those types.

#159420 - 09/11/02 05:04 PM Re: WA. Boat trailer license fees incresed 200 +%
dawhunt Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Washougal
Hi GIZ,I just followed your advice and sent them all a letter asking how could they allow this to happen let them know this is nothing but a RIPOFF on taxpaying VOTERS !!! an that it would be wise to do something about this
before election time. mad
Bob

#159421 - 09/11/02 05:06 PM Re: WA. Boat trailer license fees incresed 200 +%
dawhunt Offline
Juvenille at Sea

CDSEATTLE,thanks for the link,I used it and hope everyone on this board uses it also.
Bob

#159422 - 09/11/02 06:07 PM Re: WA. Boat trailer license fees incresed 200 +%
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
Yo Vic,

My Rush Limbaugh worshipping compadre, as residents of Snohomish county, you and I didn't vote on anything that had to do with Safeco field. The "funding" came from an added tax on hotel rooms and rental cars in Seattle. wink

So unless you was playin' hide the salami with your secretary in a Seattle hotel room, and driving a rental car so's the wife wouldn't smell any perfume, you probably didn't pay all that much to have it built. laugh laugh

#159423 - 09/11/02 06:17 PM Re: WA. Boat trailer license fees incresed 200 +%
Mike C Offline

Loc: Redmond
I encourage everyone affected by this issue to SEND A LETTER. Don't bother with e-mail, letters are much more effective. And be polite... rolleyes

#159424 - 09/11/02 06:54 PM Re: WA. Boat trailer license fees incresed 200 +%
GutZ Offline
The Original Boat Ho

Loc: Bellevue
Be polite he says. rolleyes We are getting it in the eek and he says be polite.

How about everytime you pass some one with a boat trailer, you just slow down and match their speed. Pretty soon we would have boats, 3, 4 or 5 abreast going down I-5 at 30 miles an hour. Bet that would get thier attention.

#159425 - 09/11/02 06:56 PM Re: WA. Boat trailer license fees incresed 200 +%
Metalhead Mojo Offline
Spawner

Loc: Browns Point
Quote:
Originally posted by BigShark:
You guys don't have to pay unless you spend it.
if you don't spend the money, then what do you do with it???

its the same either way, they get their 9 points up front or down the road. and we don't get a deduction for that up here.

#159426 - 09/11/02 08:36 PM Re: WA. Boat trailer license fees incresed 200 +%
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Good point.

You know that line on your 1040 deductions that says "Taxes Paid"? Well, we lucky Wa. residents DON'T get to put our sales tax in there.

If you could get the state to enact an income tax AND repeal the sales tax, we'd be much better off.

You'll probably see that happen on the same day that pigs fly out my ass...........

#159427 - 09/11/02 10:06 PM Re: WA. Boat trailer license fees incresed 200 +%
dawhunt Offline
Juvenille at Sea

I got an aswer from REP. DUNN,according to him it was all the democrats and that yes it is a RIPOFF.GIVE ME A BREAK,no way will I ever
believe that not 1 Republican, didn't vote for this.This is a crock of B.S. and just plain passing the buck.
REMEMBER this come time to vote !!
Bob mad

#159428 - 09/11/02 10:31 PM Re: WA. Boat trailer license fees incresed 200 +%
Slab Quest Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Mukilteo or Westport
Dawhunt,

I'm with you. I don't believe that not 1 republican voted for it.

But, I'll bet you that most democrats voted for it and most republicans were against.

#159429 - 09/11/02 10:40 PM Re: WA. Boat trailer license fees incresed 200 +%
grandpa Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: brier,wa
Did you ever notice how the politicians of Washington State (Democrats) are experts at jabbing at your hot buttons? Threaten to close hatcheries if the WDFW is hurting for money... Don't want to pay $500 for tabs on the SUV? We'll hit your hot button and take your boat trailer as if it was a car...not waste cutting first but hot buttons first so you numb headed Democratic zombies won't feel so bad paying yet another tax. They call taxes "investments"... And you probably think that is a fact. Raise the gas tax...raise the sales tax...raise license fees and you will get better roads and better parks and more boat ramps and save your hatcheries etc etc etc...What you really get is a smaller paycheck and $600,000 honey buckets for bums and a fancy new free apartment building for alcoholics, welfare for illegal aliens, hundreds of miles of bicycle lanes...more car pool lanes and a DSHS beaurecracy that wastes more money ever single second of the day than we all will make in our entire lives.....So vote Gary Locke..Ron Simms...Maria Cantwell...Patty Murray...and Jim McDermott....pay your damn high taxes and take another bong hit.

....Support the RFA rfawashingtonst.org

#159430 - 09/11/02 11:00 PM Re: WA. Boat trailer license fees incresed 200 +%
Dan S. Offline

Hey gramps,

You wanna list all the cuts the state GOP has proposed to solve the budgetary shortfalls.

Anyone can talk the talk, I've yet to see ANY politician, Demo OR repub, walk the walk. They ALL have their pork they won't cut.....the only question is which way we'll be hosed.

Tax and spend OR Cut taxes and spend anyway

Real savory choice, huh?

If you think your problems are going to solved by voting the straight GOP ticket, then it sounds like you've visited the bong a few times too many yourself.

#159431 - 09/11/02 11:07 PM Re: WA. Boat trailer license fees incresed 200 +%
Divers Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle
So true,
Dan your a comic. laugh laugh laugh

#159432 - 09/11/02 11:19 PM Re: WA. Boat trailer license fees incresed 200 +%
grandpa Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: brier,wa
Given the poor choices in the voting booth I would most likely vote for someone who believes that the money I earn is mine and not for someone who believes that the money is the governments (ie 99% of Democrats)
ps: I don't need anyone to fight for my right to earn minimum wage....By the way do you drive a Ford truck?

....Support the RFA rfawashingtonst.org

#159433 - 09/11/02 11:20 PM Re: WA. Boat trailer license fees incresed 200 +%
Vic Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everett, Wa, USA
4Salt:

If you remember corectly the innniative to increase the sales tax to build Safeco Field was a state wide inniative that failed 51% against raising the sales tax and 49% for raising the tax. The current tax package was plan B after the first inniative failed.

FYI I don't really care for Rush. Alot of what he says is strictly to stir up the you know what. I prefer to listen to Michael Medved.

Hey Dan:

Acouple of weeks ago there was a King County Council member who proposed changing the districts to eliminate 5 of the 12 KingCounty Council Seats. I don't remember his name, but they had him on John Carlson's show for an hour discussing this issue. He was an "R" (I wish I could make that a bold shiney R). He said that eliminating the 5 seats and their staff would save the county 3 Million dollars a year. If that isn't puttin your huevos on the chopping block and doing what is right I don't know what is. I have have lost track of this issue, but I am sure Ron Tax to the Max Sims "d" (I wish I could make that a smaller dingier d especially for that jerk) isn't happy about it.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1419 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |