Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#159574 - 09/12/02 04:46 PM skookumchuck river
hobiecat Offline
Alevin

Loc: sumner,wa
ive been by the skook but never fished it, when is a good time for salmon and some tips that would help put some fish in the freezer

#159575 - 09/12/02 04:49 PM Re: skookumchuck river
jayjos Offline
Fry

Loc: puyallup WA
if you catch fish you can put them in your freazer

#159576 - 09/12/02 05:36 PM Re: skookumchuck river
BtmBounce Offline
Fry

Loc: Okanogan, WA
hobiecat, The Skook will open from 16 Oct to 30 Nov for salmon. Living in Rainier, I usually chase the steelies in March.

#159577 - 09/13/02 05:25 AM Re: skookumchuck river
LittleZoZo Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Rochester, WA USA
Hobiecat...... The Skook is a small river that cant take much pressure, so thanks for putting it up on the world wide web..... Dumbass!

#159578 - 09/13/02 08:22 AM Re: skookumchuck river
linestretcher Offline
Smolt

Loc: roy,wa.u.s.
Hey lil zo zo,calling somebody a dumbass for asking about a river (months to fish,water clarity,water levels) is not being a dumdass.But telling him on the www that it's a small river and can't take a lot of pressure makes one's curiostity start to go mmmm what are you trying to keep a secret!!!By the way,who told you!I guess he was another D.A. See ya there.

#159579 - 09/13/02 09:22 AM Re: skookumchuck river
glowball Offline
Spawner

Loc: bullcanyon
Just for that comment I might round up everybody I know and head on up there. Maybe you need to watch your index finger a little. See ya there lil do do

#159580 - 09/13/02 12:44 PM Re: skookumchuck river
plug puller Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: At FL410
ZOZO,
I stand with you on that. Those people only have a few posts so they don't know what to post and when. it would of gone a lot smooth without the dumbass though wink
everyone else,
on this board posters don't like to talk about smalll rivers. Some get upset because there are alot of "lurkers" that look and go fishig where they see good reports and people braging about a river or fishery.
This is not a bashing thread just trying to give everyone a heads up. laugh
I am sounding so much like me mom, damn it
eek wink

#159581 - 09/13/02 12:59 PM Re: skookumchuck river
KurtF Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Olympia, WA
ZoZo, YOU are the dumbass. Hobiecat just asked a question.

Like every person who drives I-5 doesn't know where the Skook is. rolleyes

#159582 - 09/13/02 01:09 PM Re: skookumchuck river
jayjos Offline
Fry

Plugy and Do Do, you two nead to get your head out of the eeg jar and realize the skook is not some big secret and even if it was hobie's license fee's and taxes pay for his right to fish there just as mutch as yours dose.

#159583 - 09/13/02 02:28 PM Re: skookumchuck river
LittleZoZo Offline
Returning Adult

Alright, Alright. Sorry about the Dumbass comment. Look, it was after 2:00 AM and I'd just gotten home from closing the bar down..... Maybe I shouldn't drink and post. Anyhow, just take the Dumbass thing for what it was worth; just the sensless ramblings of someone who has had too much to drink. On a more serious note: I know the Skookumchuck is no secret, but Dear God, how many times do we have to go over the whole thing of not posting the small rivers and streams on the BB before it finally starts to sink in. I mean, its no big deal for those of you who live up north, you can just post whatever and not really see any consequences for your actions because you're not posting about rivers that are close to where you live. Hell, all the good zipperlips up your way are gone. Now you're coming down this way, and that's fine, but excercize a little bit of discretion when coming down to fish in my neck of the woods..... Don't bring EVERYONE who works at Boeing with you and please, please don't publicize these rivers on the web for the entire free world to see..... Save that crap for Fishing and Hunting News, they do a good enough job of getting the zipperlip rivers out there for everyone to see.

Hey Jayjos, I got three words for you; "HOOKED ON PHONICS"

#159584 - 09/13/02 02:40 PM Re: skookumchuck river
jayjos Offline
Fry

some people are uneducated to the point that they cant make a educated coment on the point at hand. They have to make pointless dig's that have no relivance. ( egg ) Can you sleep tonight now?

#159585 - 09/13/02 03:13 PM Re: skookumchuck river
Maguana Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Hoquiam/Newton
Last year on Holloween me and my buddy hooked a 100 kings in 5 hours on the Skookumchuck. Landed 70 of em.

#159586 - 09/13/02 04:29 PM Re: skookumchuck river
LittleZoZo Offline
Returning Adult

"Mutch"=Much, & "Dose"=Does. Also "coment" is actually spelled "Comment". You did figure out how to spell "egg" though, so Good show on that one. There! Now I can sleep!

#159587 - 09/13/02 04:51 PM Re: skookumchuck river
PhishPhreak Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: North Bend, WA
By directing crackers down south - it keeps the crowds down on my local streams. Why should you guys down there have those quiet little streams to yourselves and we get stuck with all the crackers messing up our waters up here? By giving folks more options - it helps spread the crowds all over the state instead of just on the S... Oops - don't want to give out my rivers smile

#159588 - 09/13/02 05:42 PM Re: skookumchuck river
jayjos Offline
Fry

I thought we were on here to talk about fishing, but if you like i'm sure there are some good chat rooms to discuss grahmer.

#159589 - 09/14/02 04:10 AM Re: skookumchuck river
LittleZoZo Offline
Returning Adult

GRAMMER

#159590 - 09/14/02 10:25 AM Re: skookumchuck river
BERKLEY BOY75 Offline
Spawner

Loc: AUBURN
lol, zozo.....

#159591 - 09/14/02 11:00 AM Re: skookumchuck river
fromcuthroattosteelies Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: olympia
I have gas!

#159592 - 09/14/02 11:45 AM Re: skookumchuck river
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Stumpy Acres
I agree with you zozo dumass was good enough..
Looks to me like all thats bashin ya is a bunch of newbee's. They evidently were not present when we have had heated debates on posting about small rivers.
globall just wants to round up everyone he knows so he can make a mineral lake out of the chuck..

KurtF maybe they do know where it is but 99.9% of the folks driving over ot wouldnt think to fish it..But of course not that you read it on here I'm sure you will.

I have fished this river for 25years and since the web I have seen the rise in fishermen.

TM

#159593 - 09/14/02 12:21 PM Re: skookumchuck river
Steelheader69 Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma WA
Hey Maguana, have a question for you. You said "Last year on Holloween me and my buddy hooked a 100 kings in 5 hours on the Skookumchuck. Landed 70 of em." Hmmmmm, where you using snagging gear and reefing fish in? If you hooked up on EVERY cast, I mean you land that fish, literally release it and turn around and recast and hook another. If you averaged only a 10 minute battle (which is relative short with kings). Between you and your buddy (which would be 2 people) it would take you guys 9 hours EACH to hook up your 50 each (splitting the 100 between 2 of you). Hmmmm, sounds a bit farfetched, doesn't it? I've had some hardcore multi fish days, but it's funny how most guys won't think #'s before they speak. They simply put a figure out. I've had 45-55 fish days on certain rivers. That was fishing just before sunup to darkness just after sundown.

I'd say that was simply a post by you to intice guys to definitely go there. Please don't say "Well it did happen", because unless you're snagging or a freak of nature who can make time stand still, it didn't happen like you said. Now, add "Me and my 3 or 4 buddies, then that's a possibility). Can't beat the clock there.

And onto ZoZo's and TM's point. Dumbass shouldn't have been said, but their points ring true. The rag mags are bad enough, but to post on here is plainly stupid. I've fished the river quite a bit myself, and would never think of posting on here (same with other rivers I fish). No, it's not a zipper, but still not that well known either. All it takes is one look in a Gazateer for the "I-5" crowd and won't take long to find a spot to fish, or find where the crowds are. Plus, from jayjos and hobiecat's posts and the way you spell, I'd say you're late teens, VERY early 20's max. It seems lately most of the posts that are "hot" threads are simply put on here to fire some people up.

Linestretcher, there doesn't have to be a dumbass to tell about a small river. Especially if you live in the area. I know a few zippers I've found on my own. NOBODY gave me a clue. Hell, I showed my Dad the river in question and he had no idea there would be fish in it (and he's fished here since the 40's). I've never seen another angler on the river, and has a limited run. But I checked out regs and found out it was open. Simple enough. Plus, alot of us have had to earn any knowledge we have of rivers from our parents. And most were only given to us because we showed we were true fisherman. My Dad started me out very simple on the Puyallup. Once I proved I could handle it and was good about setting up my own tackle, taking care of it, and handling my own fish, I was given bits of info on certain rivers. Plus, alot of us who live close to a river, or have fished it all our lives, actually LOVE the river. We don't bend to the "hot spot" and drive 3 hours out of our way to fish it. We stick to our rivers and fish them (plus, once you actually know a river intimately, you have more of a chance to get hookups when the river is said to be "dead").

Ok, i'm off my soapbox

Northwest River Fisherman

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 947 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645290 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |