Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#159594 - 09/14/02 02:41 PM Re: skookumchuck river
Kilo Offline
Alevin

Loc: Thurston Co
I'm a lurker, but I check this site to see what river will be ruined. That is NOT a joke even though you might think it's funny.

I'm with my fellow Southerners. You Northerners just keep on driving to the Columbia or better yet... too California.

#159595 - 09/14/02 05:02 PM Re: skookumchuck river
PhishPhreak Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: North Bend, WA
Good point. You wouldn't want to send some city slickers who know how to read the regs down there and ruin those SW redneck's snagg - er fishing holes for them. Besides, last time I fished the skook, I swear I could hear dueling banjos as I was being stared at by a toothless hick and his cousin\brother. eek

Seriously now - lighten up. This world has much bigger issues worth getting worked up about...

#159596 - 09/14/02 06:05 PM Re: skookumchuck river
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Stumpy Acres
Quote:
Originally posted by PhishPhreak:
ruin those SW redneck's snagg - er fishing holes for them.
Whats your point? I have fished the chuck for years and seen very little snaggin..So maybe you could elaborate more on your comment..

You can sure tell you alll that arent very familier with the Chuck because it seems you all wanna call it the skook....there's the skok and the chuck to different rivers...so to all you city slickers that have crossed it on I-5 or fished it once SHUT UP!!!

#159597 - 09/14/02 07:24 PM Re: skookumchuck river
PhishPhreak Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: North Bend, WA
LOL.

I was just kidding - sheesh.

If you must know - I grew up SW Washington. Mainly in Centralia (and a some in Rochester, Chehalis, and Onalsaska). And gosh, what do you know, the skook runs right through Centralia!! Call is the 'chuck' if you want - but me and all my buddies down there call it the skook. I've probably spent more time inner tubing it than fishing it - but I have caught my fair share of fish out of there.

#159598 - 09/14/02 07:32 PM Re: skookumchuck river
scottguides Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: elma
seems to me if posts like this were left unanswered it would of been of the page in 2 days.those that wanted to help hobiecat could of e-mailed him with some advice on the smaller rivers.people getting mad at others for answering adds curiousity to the rivers resulting in more pressure ect.ect.
silence is golden and curiosity killed the cat. wink scott

#159599 - 09/14/02 07:51 PM Re: skookumchuck river
trailrat77 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: rowers seat
Well said Scotty....

Good point...........

Can you say kneejerk?

#159600 - 09/14/02 11:30 PM Re: skookumchuck river
bodysurf Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: olympia
seems less crowded now that the smolt plants are a third of what they were a few years ago...only 30k...used to be 90k...but it sure seems like combat fishin' there when coho show up....yuck....i don't go there for salmon...

#159601 - 09/14/02 11:46 PM Re: skookumchuck river
Big Jim Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tacoma, Wa. USA
I think this river is too small for snagging. First good jerk and the weight would smack someone in the head. That may explain the rednecks though. laugh Fast turn of the head, POW in the neck. I hunt and fish out there and year after year more people show up. As I have said before if you want peace and quite, hike your butt up into the mountains about ten miles. Up there only you and a maybe one other person on a body of water. If you think you will have it down here on a river with any type of fish run in it, you are going to be mistaken and real soon at that. Too many people moving here. Too many people know every zipper lip. I may even one day get bored and put every small body of water wih fish in it on this board. Fishing is about having fun and sharing the good times with good people. Except during peak run times. Then it is duck and cover. I think any person who calls himself a fisherman would never call anyone a dumbass for asking a fishing question. Especially one who closes bars down. Those types are usually the dumbass.

#159602 - 09/15/02 12:15 AM Re: skookumchuck river
LittleZoZo Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Rochester, WA USA
Hey Jayjos.... I totally missed this one, so I appologize, but in your origional post you spelled "Freezer" F-R-E-A-Z-E-R, when it really should be spelled F-R-E-E-Z-E-R. Don't beat yourself up about it too bad, English is a complex language and sometimes it can be hard to sound out a word like "freezer", or "egg". Anyhow, sorry I missed that one the first time around.

Big Jim, I'm surprised by your stand point on this subject. I usually agree with 99% of what you post...... Not the case this time.

#159603 - 09/15/02 08:34 AM Re: skookumchuck river
glowball Offline
Spawner

Loc: bullcanyon
Oh my I'd hate for you'll to have a sowlitz river on your hands. I'm sure this message board had nothing to do with any of the extra fisherman coming on DOWN and littering up our banks. I'm not blaming this site (mostly f&h news is to blame) but it did help the cause. Everyone has a right to fish anywhere they want. All you did by making a big deal out of it was remind everyone that it is a good river to fish. By the way I wouldn't blame this site totally for your increased fishing pressure blame the border patrol down on the columbia for allowing so many californians to keep on coming.
almost forgot lil do do how do ya spell the supercalifragilisticexpy something or nother. oh well you'll fix it for me. LOL

#159604 - 09/15/02 12:32 PM Re: skookumchuck river
LittleZoZo Offline
Returning Adult

Wow, I can feel the LOVE on this board. Look Guys, It's not that big a deal. Somebody posted about a small stream, and I got pissed off about it. I called the guy a Dumbass, and everyone else got pissed off about that. Soooooo, I came back and tried to explain myself, you know, kind of smooth things over and try to put some of these newbies on the same page as the rest of us........ Nothing doing! Everyone still wants to pick away at each other, and that's fine, but I'm bored now. so unless Jayjos spells something wrong again, I'm done here. I'll go flame another thread.

#159605 - 09/15/02 01:25 PM Re: skookumchuck river
Pmartin Offline
Spawner

ZoZo - forgot a couple

"nead" = N-E-E-D

"relivance" = r-e-l-E-v-a-n-c-e
wink

#159606 - 09/15/02 02:38 PM Re: skookumchuck river
Maguana Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Hoquiam/Newton

#159607 - 09/15/02 03:36 PM Re: skookumchuck river
LittleZoZo Offline
Returning Adult

Very good PMARTIN. I can't believe I missed those . Thank you for that. You know, I was kind of thinking that maybe we can make a game out of Jayjo's remedial spelling.... Here's how it'll work. Whenever Jayjo puts up a post , we'll all disect it for spelling errors.... Whoever points out the most errors is the winner. Sounds like fun, huh.

#159608 - 09/15/02 03:57 PM Re: skookumchuck river
BASSER Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Tacoma Wa,
Quote:

Don't bring EVERYONE who works at Boeing with you
ROFLMAO

You could fit those people in one van.

#159609 - 09/15/02 05:14 PM Re: skookumchuck river
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

Well said scotty!!!!

#159610 - 09/15/02 05:25 PM Re: skookumchuck river
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

ZOZO-I have been on your side all along so daont say everyone disagrees.. wink

#159611 - 09/15/02 06:47 PM Re: skookumchuck river
slippedona%%^^rock Offline
Fry

Loc: on a secret river that nobody...
maybe the offical rules of what can be talked about should be posted. also mention everything thing that has ever been already discussed, so nobody will ever ask a redundent question. god i love censorship its alive and well here on pissed off pursuits. what a bunch of yo-yo's!!!!. i can't believe the people who think rivers are a big freaking secret. shhhhhh, someone might be listening right now. get reel

#159612 - 09/15/02 09:58 PM Re: skookumchuck river
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

Speaking of yo yo's 'slipped and fell on your a$$' you fite the bill !!! Like I said all you city slickers that have drivin over or fished it once SHUT UP!!!!

#159613 - 09/15/02 10:54 PM Re: skookumchuck river
slippedona%%^^rock Offline
Fry

Loc: on a secret river that nobody...
your response is all i need, i rest my case. by the way stick boy, i live on the skook. laugh

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
m_ray, Str8nr
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 250 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |