THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#159788 - 09/17/02 09:39 AM Re: Lower Green Silvers!
Smalma Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Marysville
Easy -
opps - somehow I missed the emgerency regulation change. Hope your fall fishing continues to go well and this rain doesn't put all (?) the silvers in the river at once.

Tight lines
Smalma

#159789 - 09/17/02 02:12 PM Re: Lower Green Silvers!
PhishPhreak Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: North Bend, WA
I'll give my 1/2 appology as well for getting on your case a little. The 1/2 non-applogy is for fishing with gear you thought was wrong, but went along with the crowd anyway and then tried to justify it. So in reality, you did nothing wrong, but in principle you did...

Just my .02 cents.

Glad you've been having some good luck though! I'll get off my self riteous (sp) soap box for a while. laugh

#159790 - 09/17/02 02:44 PM Re: Lower Green Silvers!
Busy Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Bellevue
Easy, where were you fishing on the 16th. I put my boat in and had nothing but nets in the way! Send me an e-mail.

#159791 - 09/17/02 04:10 PM Re: Lower Green Silvers!
Fish Guy Keith Offline
Parr

Loc: WA
I was out there on the 16th too! what kind of boat were you in ? I probably saw you out there fishin!

You can weave your way through the nets although one spot was kind of tricky! And once you get past the 16th street bridge your net free and the fish are rolling everywhere! Just make sure you head back with enough light out so you can see when and where to dodge the nets!

Did you do any good?

#159792 - 09/17/02 04:36 PM Re: Lower Green Silvers!
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
Sights - try S. 112th St. just off of Pacific Hwy by Boeing. Tons of bank access via trails. Pitch eggs or spinners (Blue Fox's in size #3). Fish this area on an outgoing or low tide.

PhishPhreak - It's all GOOD! cool cool

Busy - I fished from the bank on the 16th in the morning.

#159793 - 09/17/02 05:20 PM Re: Lower Green Silvers!
Busy Offline
Returning Adult

Dang! I went downstream of the launch. Duh! Next time I will head upstream. I started in the morning. I will hit it next Monday and maybe Sunday also. Easy, where were you fishing on Sunday afternoon. Up by Boeing?

#159794 - 09/17/02 11:33 PM Re: Lower Green Silvers!
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

I did not fish Sunday afternoon. We were done by then. We started early (before first light) and fished by the 1st Ave bridge.

#159795 - 09/18/02 09:15 AM Re: Lower Green Silvers!
troller Offline
Spawner

Loc: Renton , WA
Any of you planning on going down to 1st ave they pretty much have the river blocked upstream from the launch. I have my boat moored just above the 14th ave bridge and was going to run down below the nets to fish and when I saw that cluster jam I decided it would nt be worth attempting to navigate them. I am not sure how they can legaly block a river that is supposed to be a navegable area but it is. Or will be till a barge and tug need to get up their. They are limited to nets that are only 1/3 as wide as the river but I guess that is at high tide. I will wait till next week before I go out again.

#159796 - 09/18/02 09:33 AM Re: Lower Green Silvers!
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

I won't be attempting to boat the Green till at least Friday afternoon, after the nets are out.

#159797 - 09/18/02 04:34 PM Re: Lower Green Silvers!
Fish Guy Keith Offline
Parr

Arrrhhh Nets!!!! I ran up through them most of them are pretty manageable but there was one area that was almost imposible to get through and I missed the turn on the way back in but I saw the net in time to pull up the motor and slide over it ....whew .... Was going to hit it today but I think I'll hit it thursday and maybe friday and sunday. I'm hitting the skagit on saturday or I would be there then too!!

#159798 - 09/18/02 04:37 PM Re: Lower Green Silvers!
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Ever tried fishing between the nets with all those fish trapped in there? laugh

#159799 - 09/18/02 05:38 PM Re: Lower Green Silvers!
powerstrokincowb Offline
Smolt

Loc: Philly via Puyallup
Hey guys. I am a newby (started last year) salmon fisherman down here in Puyallup, and this lower Green River fishery sounds fun. I have been doing pretty good on the Puyallup just drifting corkies and yarn, but I really want to learn some new methods and new areas. (After reading all of these "snagger" threads, I want to learn other methods -- I have accidentally foul hooked 2 salmon in the tail this year, released both, and released all nates.)

I have no idea how to fish the lower Green. Is a boat a necessity, or can you bank fish? And what set up is used? If anyone is willing to take an eager salmon fishing student down there and show them the ropes, I can return the favor with a duck hunt this winter or a sturgeon fishing trip next spring or summer.

You can drop me a line thru the board or post something here.

Thanks.
Joe

#159800 - 09/19/02 11:04 AM Re: Lower Green Silvers!
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Joe,

You can bank fish or boat the lower Green. The lower Green is best banked fish at low tide and best boated on high tides. I boat it all the way up to the Pacific Hwy. bridge. Usually, down low in the river guys will toss spinners or pitch eggs. If you are boating troll small Wiggle Warts. The corky and yarn thing does not usually work till you are a little higher on the river.

#159801 - 09/19/02 02:16 PM Re: Lower Green Silvers!
chrome/22 Offline
Captain C/22 - Team Stay Up Right!

Loc: Hurricane Ridge , Wa.
Easy, a couple of questions I've banked the lower green alot going to fish it by boat on sat. How quick does that lot below the 1 ave. S bridge fill-up, need a 4by4 to pull-out? Looks like this sat. 1 st high is at 5:20 am when whould you lanuch and one more, pulling plugs sounds like the way to go do you weight yours at all or just flat-line em, single hooks??....C/22 cool

#159802 - 09/19/02 02:26 PM Re: Lower Green Silvers!
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

C22,

The lot does not fill up that quick. You should plan on being there around or before 0600 to get a good parking spot. A high tide in the morning is a good thing. I would not worry about fishing the tide change. There should be tons of fish coming up river.

You don't need a 4X4 unless it is a minus tide and you have a really big boat.

I long line my Wiggle Warts, no weight at all. The key is to use SMALL WW's. DO NOT USE the larger Mag Warts you will be fishing UNDER the fish.

If it is sunny use metallic colored WW's. If it is cloudy use bright colored (pink, orange, red, white) WW's.

I will see ya out there!

#159803 - 09/19/02 04:01 PM Re: Lower Green Silvers!
Fish Guy Keith Offline
Parr

Yeah I trolled right out of the launch inbetween some of the nets untill I got to that part which was almost closed off , then I picked up and cruised up river past the rest of them.

#159804 - 09/19/02 09:57 PM Re: Lower Green Silvers!
chrome/22 Offline
Captain C/22 - Team Stay Up Right!

Loc: Hurricane Ridge , Wa.
Easy, thanks for the tips. Went down to the launch this afternoon and talked to the Indians who were tossing thier silvers into tubs and packing them down with ice. They confirmed thier nets are coming out tomorrow, average size of thre fish are running 5-12 lbs(gotta think thier are alot more 5's than 12's). One big fella said they pulled the nets 4 times a day taking around 100 fish per time....C/22

#159805 - 09/20/02 02:35 PM Re: Lower Green Silvers!
Floatuber Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Auburn
No luck this morning. Tried for 3 hours and out of the 20 people down on 112th I only saw one Silver caught all morning. Being the first time I have fished for Salmon (besides the Puyallup, yeah) it was fun.

Those silvers sure put on one hell of a feeding show. I enjoyed watching them naturally more than realing in nothing.

Also I could not beleive how the tide changed that river. When low tide hit it was LOW. I was walking up to my chest in water and when I came back I was on wet ground. Couldn't beleive such a drastic change.

But anyway had fun watching nature but wish I could have caught my FIRST SALMON. Maybe next time. I am determined. Hope the fish are on my side. Or atleast one of them.

Thanks easy for the help. DIdn't work but it at least got me there.

#159806 - 09/20/02 04:26 PM Re: Lower Green Silvers!
Busy Offline
Returning Adult

Floattuber - not saying I am any pro on the Green or anything but I would give it another shot this weekend. You fished this morning and the indians only just pulled their nets...Those fish, if in the river at all, will probably be pretty spooked. I would expect a serious case of lockjaw until at least tomorrow. I plan on heading out Sunday morning. Maybe I will see you and Easy out there.

#159807 - 09/20/02 04:43 PM Re: Lower Green Silvers!
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

FT'er, you will definately want to give the Green another shot this weekend. The nets just came out Friday morning. There should be plenty of new fish in the river by Saturday morning.

Busy, I will be out there on Sunday, Saturday, and this afternoon.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (eddie), 1474 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |