Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#160080 - 09/24/02 01:13 AM Re: Flotilla 6.9
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey G-Man bring the cooker! Not sure if someone will bring a turkey but if I know Dogfish well enough there's a fresh gooose in the freezer to cook.... eek eek eek eek eek eek eek ! And there's always gonna be a bunch of fresh fish for us to cajun deep fry like down at F4.2!

#160081 - 09/24/02 12:55 PM Re: Flotilla 6.9
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Bigshark,

My advice to you is to stay home. If you can't follow a link to the map and the other pertinent info without pitching a fit, then you won't get along with everyone anyway. rolleyes

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#160082 - 09/24/02 01:12 PM Re: Flotilla 6.9
Woodsy Wayne Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: everett
I have to second Gutz by giving Marsha Due Credit, she is a phenominal host(Thanks Marsha). Just don't park your tent to close to the gathering, tends to get a little noisy till wee hours laugh

*but no worries, not everyone will fall into your tent. eek

Should be a fun event. I am going to try and do Cajun Gumbo, with the help of Marsha and Gooose.

Want to thank all the Folks who help to organize these events.

Look forward to meeting new folks, and seeing the ones I have met at previous Flotillas.

for those not keeping Eggs, I will have Gallon bags to take em off your hands. wink (being the nice guy I am)

Woodsy Wayne

#160084 - 09/27/02 06:34 PM Re: Flotilla 6.9
Drachir21 Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Creswell, Oregon
Is there going to be any kind of organized Pot-Luck on Sat. evening, or is everyone going Razor Clam Digging?? smile

Rick

#160085 - 09/27/02 07:17 PM Re: Flotilla 6.9
GutZ Offline
The Original Boat Ho

Loc: Bellevue
I have had a change of plan. I have a call in to Friends Landing to reserve a campsite for Kalamabama and I.

Fish4steel;
Please bring good beer (not Bud :p ) I have a donation to the beer fund. Do you think 1/2 a barrell is gonna be enough?

Organized Pot Luck? I will bring a load of Grannies Tater Salad and who knows what may run out in front of the truck on the way down there. wink

I will be sure to bring the Time's for the Space Station Crossing. Hopefully it will be clear. (PS there are some good evening crossing this weekend go to www.heavens-above.com )(Sorry about the redirect, it IS rocket science and I couldn't possibly give you the information without knowing where you are rolleyes )

See you there!

#160086 - 09/27/02 07:29 PM Re: Flotilla 6.9
fish4steel Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: yelm, wa
GutZ, if you're going to be a wise a$$ YOU can bring the suds!! :p Seems to me it was Henry's last time. BTW, check your e-mail, please reply to the house, I'm only at work 12 hours per day frown
Gooose, I can only drag one toy with the truck, and that will be the boat. If someone has a place to properly fly Old Glory, I'll be sure to bring her! Piggies are in, going tomorrow, will give you a report laugh

#160087 - 09/27/02 07:30 PM Re: Flotilla 6.9
posh II Offline
Returning Adult

Aunty M...thanks for the map...you are such a pro with graphics and such, I wanted to see where it was going to be held and it had nothing to do with your abilities as the hostess with the mostest at the flotillas.
And that is intended as a compliment.

As for the rest, perhaps I'll email you sometime soon. smile

#160088 - 09/27/02 08:00 PM Re: Flotilla 6.9
GutZ Offline
The Original Boat Ho

UMMM, Henry's cool

#160089 - 09/27/02 08:12 PM Re: Flotilla 6.9
BigShark Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: PDX
DanS

No fit throwing was intended and am sorry if that was not understood. I say exactly what I mean to say. No more and no less.I do not wish to be switched to another board or have to register on another board to ask a question regarding a topic being discussed on this one. The map and other information is now provided here and I am sincere in thanking the lady for it. As for your advice, it will be solicited when wanted. laugh

#160090 - 09/27/02 09:29 PM Re: Flotilla 6.9
elmtree69 Offline
Fry

Loc: tacoma
hEY, THANKS FOR A SECOND MAP,
how is the bank access around Friends Landing?

Since i do not have a boat, nor due i know where iam going exactly.

Any help prior would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks wink cool laugh laugh

#160091 - 09/27/02 09:43 PM Re: Flotilla 6.9
Busy Offline
Returning Adult

Second that thought. Is that launch at Friends Landing sufficient for a 18ft boat? Or will I have to head to Westport?

#160092 - 09/27/02 11:39 PM Re: Flotilla 6.9
Jeffhead Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia, Washington
Busy,
The launch at Friends Landing will handle a 18 ft boat. There are also launches at Montesano and Cosmopolis that are good launches without going all the way to Westport. To get to the Montesano launch exit at Montesano, turn left at the stop sign (Monte Square market/gas station will be right in front of you), follow the road to just past the lumber mill (about a mile or so) and there will be a turnoff (unmarked) on the left, this leads to the WDFW ramp. If you go over the river you have gone to far. Make sure to obey the 25 MPH speed limit by the mill, the cops work that stretch hard!!!
Now having said that the low tide on Saturday the 5th is 6:50 AM in Aberdeen and is a minus 0.9 which will make the launching at Friends tough for all, especially with the river down from no rains. The launch at Monte at that low tide will not be a picnic either. The adjustment for Cosmopolis is +9 minutes and for Monte it is +1 hr & 39 minutes so all may need to plan accordingly. For Sunday it is a -.7 ft @ 7:35 in Aberdeen. Not to scare anyone off, just to provide some info to all.
I personnaly plan on just fishing Saturday and then going clam digging Saturday evening. It looks like I will not be staying overnight as I have some fall baseball games to work on Sunday in Oly.
Good luck and tight lines, Jeff laugh laugh

#160093 - 09/27/02 11:53 PM Re: Flotilla 6.9
Anonymous
Unregistered

Shoot I forgot about the tides...we'll make it work anyway.

F4S can you tow the boat behind RV...if so I got the truck for launching...2 inch ball for your trailer? Yes definitely bring old Glory!

Organized potluck? No not really....bring what you want or can to contribute.....so far we have beans(mmmmm), salad, pies, maybe a deepfried turkey, I'll try to pick up some oysters, gumbo and who knows what! Oh and the Henrys hopefully for suds? Hey everyone post what you can have in mind.

We have several bankies posting...anyone got an open seat or two?

#160094 - 09/28/02 12:26 AM Re: Flotilla 6.9
G-MAN Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: BELLINGHAM / EVERSON
Gooose
The launch at Friends, does it have at least 6 to 8" of water at low tide?
That's all a "REAL" Norther jet boat needs to launch laugh laugh
Oh, and 2 big fish boxes laugh

Better not be any NETS!!! A "REAL" Northern jet boat don't do "REAL" good over nets!!! laugh laugh

#160095 - 09/28/02 05:20 PM Re: Flotilla 6.9
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Well,

I'm off to get some meat for the big dinner. Hopefully we will have some prime Mule Deer and Elk backstrap for the barbie. I'll wsee you guys in a few days.

Andy

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#160096 - 09/28/02 11:35 PM Re: Flotilla 6.9
Anonymous
Unregistered

G-Man you'll have no problems....and there's a backup ramp just up the Chehalis River . I never seen any nets up that far....they're usually all down around Aberdeen. Rain this week should fill the fishbowl for everyone wink .

#160097 - 09/29/02 12:41 AM Re: Flotilla 6.9
G-MAN Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: BELLINGHAM / EVERSON
It's 9:30 pm and it just started to rain!!!! laugh
Oh wait..it stopped mad

#160098 - 10/01/02 09:09 PM Re: Flotilla 6.9
Drachir21 Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Creswell, Oregon
Well, now that Clamming is out, is there going to be a Pot-Luck on Sat. Evening??

The map on this thread is pretty much unclear, since I do not see any Devonshire Rd. Can you turn off Hwy 12 @ Aldergrove Dr. and go to Katon Rd. and then to friends Landing?

Rick

#160099 - 10/01/02 11:25 PM Re: Flotilla 6.9
Jeffhead Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia, Washington
Drachir21,
I'm sure they will be a pot luck/get together on Saturday night, just bring what you feel like. I don't think there is any A to whatever bring this or whatever to Z bring that. As for the directions just go across the Wynoochie River bridge on Hwy 8 and take the first left, that is Aldergrove and it jogs into Katon, just follow it and you will get to Friends Landing.
Good luck and tight lines, Jeff laugh laugh
PS,
The new avatar I put in is a sample of the fish, it is a Chehalis silver from last year taken on a spinner below the mouth of the Satsop.

#160100 - 10/01/02 11:39 PM Re: Flotilla 6.9
Anonymous
Unregistered

As at F4.2 the main feast potluck will be saturday evening.....we don't do the assigned dish by first letter of last name thing.....bring what you want....that's the part of the fun.....impromptu dishes such as cajun deep fried steelhead by GMan and that stew that GutZ created even though it really didn't include a golden retreiver wink ....well you never know what you'll see! One thing I'm thinking might be handy just in case is some tarps, ropes, stakes and poles just in case it's a bit damp.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
landcruiserwilly, Tom Trune
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 501 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |