Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#160734 - 09/24/02 10:40 PM Snohomish spanking
silver hilton Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Out there, somewhere
Unfortunately, the wrong party got spanked, for 2 in a row. Yes, we are talking skunkage. I even had my son and two of his friends with me, Issaquah schools still being on strike, so we had four rods working. I fished high in the water, I fished low in the water. I fished large stuff, small stuff, shiny stuff, dark stuff. Stuff with scent, stuff that had been washed with lemon joy. All we had to show for 4 hours with 4 rods was a 4 inch smolt.

Excellent numbers of fish rolling around, lots of folks fishing, but I didn't see a fish caught all day. One guy I talked to said he fished for 12 hours yesterday, and six hours thus far today, with one hit that didn't stick to show for it.

So, I guess I'd recommend that you all stay out in the salt until we get some rain.

This is starting to get my dander up. I'm warning you, fish...

#160735 - 09/24/02 11:07 PM Re: Snohomish spanking
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
Welcome to the club. The Green is the same way. frown

#160736 - 09/25/02 12:44 AM Re: Snohomish spanking
Doug Kelly Offline
Spawner

Loc: Bothell WA
silver hilton go look at the thread derby results 2nd pic, there in there and that was on the bank missed two others

#160737 - 09/25/02 12:58 AM Re: Snohomish spanking
silver hilton Offline
Repeat Spawner

So, Easy Limiting, what do you use in the Green? I was trying the dick nites that have wroked wellin the past, plugs that have worked well, etc. Usually I run them behind jet divers. What's your favorite trick?

#160738 - 09/25/02 01:21 AM Re: Snohomish spanking
Anonymous
Unregistered

Think black and purple jigs maybe? Just a thought.

#160739 - 09/25/02 01:46 AM Re: Snohomish spanking
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
If I am boating the Green I will troll Wiggle Warts or Brad's Wigglers in orange, pink, or silver. I do not use any weight, long line 'em.

If I am bank fishing the Green I use Vibrax's in size #3 in orange, pink, silver, or gold. I will also drift eggs. I have also caught silvers trolling and drifting large Dick Nites in all silver and raspberry colors.

#160740 - 09/25/02 09:47 AM Re: Snohomish spanking
Skywalker Offline
Spawner

Loc: Snohomish, WA, USA
Don't feel bad.....all I've done is crackered off two and donated bait to garbage fish. shocked Which reminds me, you guys that are bait fishing for silvers, what size hooks are you using? In this low clear water I've gone as small as 4's, but then I end up with the undesirables. Too small?

LOTS of fish flopping around near the 522 bridge over the Sno., so you might want to try up a little higher. Granted, those aren't biters but it's an indicator that they're at least in the river. THe occasional fish is being caught on the lower Sky also, but they seem to coming in in spurts. Ordinarily I don't whine about warm, sunny fall weather, but I'll make an exception here. frown

#160741 - 09/25/02 11:22 AM Re: Snohomish spanking
silver hilton Offline
Repeat Spawner

Gooose,

Jigs and bait are my next tactics. In a way, this is kind of fun. Since you know there are fish in the river, and since you know where they are, two of the variables are taken care of, and this is the kind of situation that can actually help a guy learn.

But I am reminded of somebody's signature that I read lately - fish jump because they don't have middle fingers...

Skywalker, based on my driving around yesterday, the fish are pretty thick from I-5 to at least 522. They''re in. Maybe when the clouds come in and it cools off, we'll get them to start biting.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
BigRedHead, Gene, Milton Fisher, Selther, SpinyRayLover
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 780 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |