THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#160988 - 09/28/02 11:00 AM The nets are back in the Columbia again!
cowlitzfisherman Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Toledo, Washington

Is the taste of the bait worth the sting of the hook????

#160989 - 09/28/02 01:58 PM Re: The nets are back in the Columbia again!
Duck In The Fog Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Yakima Wa. U.S.A.
Cowman, I'm sure glad you bring this up. Although the native fisherman are leagle to fish , not too many nets out. I just bought some tule eggs for next year (40lbs) and found out that they are getting 5cents a lb for tules. steelies are going for .35 a lb. The natives I bought from are pulling the few nets they have out because of no profits. I wonder what they will be getting below Bonneville? A lot fo b-runs comming in now. The Duck

#160990 - 09/28/02 10:46 PM Re: The nets are back in the Columbia again!
Rapid Robert Offline
Spawner

Loc: Selah Wa.
Duck, you bought egg's from who? frown

#160991 - 09/29/02 10:57 AM Re: The nets are back in the Columbia again!
Duck In The Fog Offline
Returning Adult

RR, I bought from the Yakamas! Like every year. Do you have a problem with that. They were tule eggs, you can't beat them. Be careful here RR. Jim Marquis

#160992 - 09/29/02 07:49 PM Re: The nets are back in the Columbia again!
LittleZoZo Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Rochester, WA USA
"Be Careful here"........ Or What?

#160993 - 09/29/02 09:01 PM Re: The nets are back in the Columbia again!
Duck In The Fog Offline
Returning Adult

Littlezozo, this is none of your business. Stay out. The Duck

#160994 - 09/29/02 11:57 PM Re: The nets are back in the Columbia again!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well at least they made some money on them eggs wink !

#160995 - 09/30/02 12:05 AM Re: The nets are back in the Columbia again!
LittleZoZo Offline
Returning Adult

Duck...... If this is a private matter then why on God's green earth are you posting it on a public forum? You said "Be Careful"..... Be careful of what? Is that like "be Carefull, or I'm going to find out where you live and kill you"? Or is it more like "I'm only telling you to be carefull because it makes me sound menacing and when push comes to shove I really can't do anything substantial because this is just the internet so I can say about anything I want and never have to worry about actually having to back it up"? I was just curious. BTW, Why are you so defensive about buying eggs from the indians?

Oh, one more thing....... "Be Carefull" rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes

#160996 - 09/30/02 12:33 AM Re: The nets are back in the Columbia again!
Duck In The Fog Offline
Returning Adult

Kids never understand. Why are you trying to instigate? I got better things to do then think about your child like attitude. It doesn't concern you so why stick your nose into other peoples business. This was addressed to RapidRobert, not littlezozo. Jim Marquis

#160997 - 09/30/02 12:52 AM Re: The nets are back in the Columbia again!
Anonymous
Unregistered

"Other persons business" maybe should be kept to e-mail...just a suggestion...no need to get panties bunched up Duck? But if you post it then it seems like it is then anyones business? Just a suggestion though. Don't like it well you just don't have to like it wink .

#160998 - 09/30/02 01:24 AM Re: The nets are back in the Columbia again!
side slider Offline
Parr

duck I know what you are saying about those Tule eggs they are fantastic. I have always bought a few eggs from the Indians dipping down on the lower Klick. I like the fresh dipped eggs.

#160999 - 09/30/02 01:48 AM Re: The nets are back in the Columbia again!
spawnout Offline
Spawner

Loc: Satsop
Buying eggs from anyone is such a foreign concept to me - perhaps if you are a guide you may have to, but me, I've caught so many hens recently that I've got way more eggs than I could possibly use this season cured up already, and I'm bringing 5 pounds to work on Monday to hand out to those less fortunate laugh eek rolleyes :p

#161000 - 09/30/02 10:02 AM Re: The nets are back in the Columbia again!
LittleZoZo Offline
Returning Adult

Gooose....... "Be Careful". wink wink

#161001 - 09/30/02 11:25 AM Re: The nets are back in the Columbia again!
Hohwaiian Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle, Washington, US
Duck I disagree that the issues here should be a private matter. But before I open up a big can of worms that will produce a plethora of inflammatory anti-Indian posts, I best shut my trap. Still I think its ironic that a post about non-tribal commercials somehow got twisted. All sides need to jettison years of ingrained hatred (my vague ***** post).

#161002 - 09/30/02 10:14 PM Re: The nets are back in the Columbia again!
Rapid Robert Offline
Spawner

Loc: Selah Wa.
Duck, only thing I agree with there is Tule egg's do make great bait..... realy suck up the
color and the cure.
Jim, I'm always careful. wink

#161003 - 10/01/02 10:27 AM Re: The nets are back in the Columbia again!
cowlitzfisherman Offline
Three Time Spawner

#161004 - 10/01/02 06:49 PM Re: The nets are back in the Columbia again!
cowlitzfisherman Offline
Three Time Spawner

COLUMBIA RIVER COMPACT/JOINT STATE
ACTION NOTICE

Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife September 30, 2002

The next Compact Meeting has been scheduled for
Wednesday, October 9, 2002 at 1:00 PM by telephone.

Call Sharon Bird at ODFW for information at
(503) 872-5252 ext. 5333

or you may attend in person at ODFW's office in
Portland, Oregon - Director's conference room.

For those of you that are concerned, or feed-up with the current runaway Columbia River Gill net fishery, there is a chance to voice our opinions on shutting it down before they offer themselves another extension again on October the 9 th.

We can make a difference, but only if we speak our voices, and speak them loudly!!

If you care about the fishery on the Columbia River and its triibutaries, please make a copy of these email addresses and make a copy of your letter to each one on the list. This is the email for all the top dogs that are making the decision to continue the Columbia River Gill net fishery.

Please tell them how feed up you are with their half-ass, one sided management plan, and how feed up you are with their leaving the public out of any reasonable opperetunity to make any public comment or impute to their management policy.

Here are the email list of names that are currently calling the commercial harvest on the Columbia River right now!

Do it, and do it now!!

Cowlitzfisherman

"Patricia Martell" <marteprm@dfw.wa.gov>
To:
<netrackslpi@aol.com>, <urabeck@attbi.com>, "Victor Albaladejo" <ALBALVDA@dfw.wa.gov>,
"Jennifer Amren" <AMRENJJA@dfw.wa.gov>, "Ted Anderson" <ANDERCTA@dfw.wa.gov>,
"Phil Anderson" <ANDERPMA@dfw.wa.gov>, "Lew Atkins" <ATKINLJA@dfw.wa.gov>,
"Wendy Beeghley" <BEEGHWLB@dfw.wa.gov>, "Craig BURLEY" <BURLECCB@dfw.wa.gov>,
"John Burrows" <BURROJHB@dfw.wa.gov>, "Jim BYRNE" <BYRNEJBB@dfw.wa.gov>, "Brad Cady" <CADYBJC@dfw.wa.gov>,
"Steve Campbell" <campbsec@dfw.wa.gov>, "Mike Cenci" <CENCIMAC@dfw.wa.gov>,
"Wolf Dammers" <DAMMEWHD@dfw.wa.gov>, "Mayla Donwerth" <donwemdd@dfw.wa.gov>, <dumbabrd@dfw.wa.gov>,
"Tim Flint" <flintrtf@dfw.wa.gov>, "Lyle Fox" <FOXLGF@dfw.wa.gov>, "Dennis Gilliland" <GILLIDRG@dfw.wa.gov>,
"Bryce Glaser" <GLASEBGG@dfw.wa.gov>, "Steve Gray" <GRAYSWG@dfw.wa.gov>, "Kelly Harlan" <HARLAKRH@dfw.wa.gov>,
"Lisa Harlan" <HARLALSH@dfw.wa.gov>, "Shane Hawkins" <HAWKISWH@dfw.wa.gov>, "Rick heitz" <heitzrhh@dfw.wa.gov>,
"Joe Hymer" <HYMERJAH@dfw.wa.gov>, "Bonnie Jackman" <jackmbfj@dfw.wa.gov>, "Brad James" <JAMESBWJ@dfw.wa.gov>,
<johnsmjj@dfw.wa.gov>, "Richard Johnson" <JOHNSREJ@dfw.wa.gov>, "Ken Keller" <kellekwk@dfw.wa.gov>,
"Stacie Kelsey" <KELSYSLK@dfw.wa.gov>, "Jeff Koenings" <koenijpk@dfw.wa.gov>, "Olaf Langness" <LANGNOL@dfw.wa.gov>,
"Larrie Lavoy" <LAVOYLWL@dfw.wa.gov>, "Cindy LeFleur" <LEFLECML@dfw.wa.gov>, "Rich Lincoln" <LINCORHL@dfw.wa.gov>,
"Patricia Martell" <marteprm@dfw.wa.gov>, "Julie Memarian" <MEMARJAM@dfw.wa.gov>, "Marc Miller" <MILLEMCM@dfw.wa.gov>,
<morriddm@dfw.wa.gov>, "Will Morrison" <MORRIWGM@dfw.wa.gov>, "Rob Nicolay" <NICOLRBN@dfw.wa.gov>,
"Larry Peck" <pecklwp@dfw.wa.gov>, "Rich Pettit" <PETTIRHP@dfw.wa.gov>, "Robert Powell" <POWELRRP@dfw.wa.gov>,
"Dan Rawding" <RAWDIDR@dfw.wa.gov>, "Brad RHODEN" <RHODEBLR@dfw.wa.gov>, "Ron Roler" <ROLERRJR@dfw.wa.gov>,
"Robert G. Schafer" <SCHAFRGS@dfw.wa.gov>, "Murray Schlenker" <schlems@dfw.wa.gov>, "John Sewall" <sewaljes@dfw.wa.gov>,
"Sheila Smith" <smithsks@dfw.wa.gov>, "Lu-Anne Stevens" <STEVENLS@dfw.wa.gov>, "Carol Turcotte" <TURCOCMT@dfw.wa.gov>,
"Bill Tweit" <TWEITWMT@dfw.wa.gov>, "Steve VanderPloeg" <vandesmv@dfw.wa.gov>,
"Lee Van Tussenbrook" <VANTULV@dfw.wa.gov>, <wagemcww@dfw.wa.gov>, "Mike Wall" <WALLMFW@dfw.wa.gov>,
"Rick Webb" <webbrtw@dfw.wa.gov>, "John Weinheimer" <WEINHJMW@dfw.wa.gov>, "Ralph Woods" <WOODSRRW@dfw.wa.gov>,
<laukkanens@hotmail.com>, <doumit_ma@leg.wa.gov>, <ward_ka@leg.wa.gov>, <jaderbug@pacifier.com>,
<kevleen.a.melcher@state.or.us>, <blake@techline.com>, <cpr-fish@toledotel.com>, <doctorb@willapabay.org>

#161005 - 10/01/02 07:04 PM Re: The nets are back in the Columbia again!
devine Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Bremerton,WA
Hey call me what you will ..... careful would be one.... What are tule eggs? Being from the armpit of America... well we don't know what Tule means and me's would like to know. Thanks fellas
devine

ps Hey Duck you from the east coast or something man? You sure are one firey individual. Good to see.

#161006 - 10/01/02 07:07 PM Re: The nets are back in the Columbia again!
devine Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Bremerton,WA
Oh forgot to add for those of you that don't know the armpit of America is New Jersey.
peace on the board
devine

#161007 - 10/01/02 08:11 PM Re: The nets are back in the Columbia again!
Duck In The Fog Offline
Returning Adult

devine, Tule salmon only go up the Columbia River mostly going to Spring Creek Hatchery. This strain of chinook most of the time come up already dark. Not very palitable. Old Indians have told me they use to just through them away when they were netting for up river brights. The eggs are very good to set up and fish. By the way, Sring Creek hatchery is the only hatchery I've heard of that raises Tule salmon. Jim Marquis, Duck In The Fog

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
dizzy fisherman
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 540 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645418 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |