Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#161052 - 09/29/02 05:02 PM LAKE WASHINGTON REPORT 9/29/02
SalmonFisherJeff Offline
Smolt

Article in Seattle Times 9/29/02 online edition:

Lake Washington update
The number of coho returning to the Lake Washington watershed remains low, but no emergency closure of the sport coho fishery north of the Evergreen Point Floating Bridge has been made.

"There is no closure at this time, but the coho run is way down from last year," said Steve Foley, a state Fish and Wildlife biologist. "From what we've seen there hasn't been much fishing pressure at all on the lake."

Through Wednesday, about 3,300 coho had entered the lake. Biologists believe the run could be late because anglers in the Strait of Juan de Fuca continue to catch good numbers of coho.

Foley also said about 7,000 kings have entered the lake, which is not large but not bad compared with some returns of past years.

"On Tuesday we counted 50 kings spawning in Bear Creek, and more than 10,000 sockeye either dead or still alive," Foley said. "Without any recent rain I'd say that is an awful lot of sockeye spawning in the creek."

===---===---===---===---===---===---===

==> Side note: Me and my dad went out on Saturday 9/28/02 and had seen a few jump, one was a fat one (don't know if Coho or Chinook though) by the sound of the splash it made. Dad caught a 2-3# Cutthroat, nice coloring. On water at 6:10 out by 10:00am. No Coho caught but seen some milling on surface. I caught a small rainbow possibly cutthroat but lost. All fish landed on coho setup (flasher and blue or red Gomokatsu hook - size unknown).

Get Hooked!

#161053 - 09/29/02 08:54 PM Re: LAKE WASHINGTON REPORT 9/29/02
Cigar Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Shoreline, Wa.
Jeff,

I can ditto your report, I was on the lake yesterday the same time you folks were. I fished from my 15' Arima trolling a new plug
called a "FAT FISH". I checked out all the usual
prime locations in the northend, only saw a couple of jumpers up by Nelson Pt. (Waverly Park area).

The perch are really schooled up. Now is the time to stock up on some fat yellow perch.

Cigar

#161054 - 09/29/02 11:24 PM Re: LAKE WASHINGTON REPORT 9/29/02
SalmonFisherJeff Offline
Smolt

Hey Cig!

Thanks for the confirmation. Things pretty slow on the lake no doubt. That's too bad. We really need some rain now and bad! I was surprised to see in the paper on Sunday morning 3,200+ Coho passed the locks into the lake. Dang it, if they'd only hit we'd be in business! It was a beautiful morning watching the sunrise on the lake. Picturesque!

~SFJ

Get Hooked!

#161055 - 09/30/02 12:02 AM Re: LAKE WASHINGTON REPORT 9/29/02
Busy Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Bellevue
Was out on the lake this evening. Can confirm this report. Even had a perch hit my Wiggle Wart! Dang thing was maxed out on the trebble hook though......now is definitely the time to catch some perch! Break out those ultra lites. Dis spot some much larger echos on the finder. Maybe a few straggler salmon? Who knows...they did not bite that is for sure!

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Al Gore, czer, Robb92, wallyw
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 972 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |