THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#161290 - 10/02/02 03:29 PM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
Divers Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle
Sorry EL. bad luck.
If AM&S valued your bussiness or any one else they will take care of it. Why not have AS&M claim it on there insurance, it was on there lot.
As far as disclaimer about not being responsible, there are loop holes to that. Your property was on there lot with permission, they are liable . D o you know how many people sued the city of Seattle when they got hurt from falling debries from the Kingdom, quiet a few and they did win the case; on the back of the sporting events tickets has the same disclaimer saying they are not responsible for damage to property, theft loss ..etc..........

You do have a case against them because of liability. Harm, damge theft.... was done to you because of negligence ie (faulty gate, lock not working cameras etc.......on and on.

Don't let those disclaimers scare you off in thinking you are up **** creek.

Please let us know what happens. If they mis treat one customer then they are likely to do it to others which = bad bussiness. If they don;t take care of you, take your bussiness else where and I am sure many others will do the same on here.

Good luck in getting it resolved.

#161291 - 10/02/02 03:43 PM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
I have not called AS&M yet. I am stopping by there in person later, after I get off work. Let's not throw them under the bus yet. They have not had a chance to do things right by me yet.

I will keep all of you posted.

#161292 - 10/02/02 07:41 PM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
Capt. Steelhead Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Port Orchard,WA
That is the pits man with AS&M you have to prove negligence and if the boat wasn't reported missing and the gate was broken or whatever means to get in wasn't reported to the police and a quick inventory never done I feel you have a case cool

#161293 - 10/02/02 08:20 PM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
golfer Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Issaquah
I must say this whole thing is like a Seinfeld episode, that is if you are not the one victimized. The first attempt, along with the AS&M situation is crazy. The odds of that happening are astronomical. I think you have been targeted by somone, something. Wife. girlfriend, boy friend of girl friend??? Perhaps a land shark with payback in mind for all those dogfish you have slayed. Really, this is most unfortunate buit I can't believe it is by chance... Good luck to you

#161294 - 10/02/02 08:43 PM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
Floatuber Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Auburn
Carl,

I can't remember where the 3 days came up from but that is incorrect. As many times as I have talked to you and seen you on the river lately I vouch that it had not been three days. I live off of that exit and take it every night along with my wife so that would be 6 times one of us would have saw it. It hit me in the face when I saw it as if it were my own. I would say no more than a day. There is absolutely no way it was there since saturday sitting on that on ramp. NO FREEKING WAY!!!!

But keep us informed.

#161295 - 10/02/02 08:58 PM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

I stopped by AS&M today on my way home. I walked into the store and played dumb. I ask the service counter about my boat I had dropped off Saturday morning. I explained to the counter person I wanted to know how the damage estimate was going since they had not called me. They looked around for a work order and finally said they were going to get the manager. The manager (President David Knudtzon) came out with the work order and said, "you have a 14' Northwood?" I replied, "yes". The manager said, after a brief pause, "we don't have your boat." I said, "really". Then I said, "I know you don't have my boat because I recovered it last night off of Hwy 167." The manager said, "was it striped?". I said, "oh ya, completely".

I told them the whole story about the weekend. They were in aw! What our conversation boiled down to was he was willing to make some kind of settlement with me providing I show him my receipts for the boat/motor/trailer. I explained to him my insurance allotment would not nearly cover the full amount of loss/repair and I did expect some compensation from him/AS&M.

We shall see what happens next.

#161296 - 10/02/02 09:15 PM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
Floatuber Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Auburn
Tell him you want one of HIS overpriced boats sitting in his lot for your trouble. Anyway at least something is coming out of it. Did he happen to mention noticing his place had been tampered with (Fence) or had anything else been taken along with your boat?

Just seems if you were to be willing to take something off of that property and take the chances that were taken, there is alot more things on top of the list than your boat on that lot.

Guess that is why criminals are always caught doing something totally stupid.

#161297 - 10/02/02 10:04 PM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
silver hilton Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Out there, somewhere
So, Carl, what did they say about how it happened? Did they even know it was gone before you got there? Had they filed a police report? Inquiring minds want to know!

I personally think you ought to go buy a lottery ticket - you have piled up a considerable amount of karma here. I think you deserve a lot of credit for reserving judgement on the boat shop as well. Such calmness in the face of fire is rare.

#161298 - 10/02/02 10:24 PM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy Offline
Spawner

Loc: Enumclaw
Carl... You are waaaay to nice man.

I'd be demanding them paying for everything. Thats real sloppy business if they just let go of a boat like that and dont pay for it all either. Sloppy.

Just another scam in corporate America. Geesh.

Curtis

Sorry if my typing is bad... Just got back from a cross country meet.

#161299 - 10/02/02 11:09 PM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

AS&M has an unprotected side lot across the street from their main lot. They keep all of the boats they are going to work on there, during normal business hours, so there is parking on the main lot for normal customer traffic. When they close for the day they move all of the boats on the side lot to the fenced in main lot for security. Like I said, the side lot is unprotected. I even mentioned to the president of AS&M they need to change there storage policy/procedure for the side lot so what happened to me does not happen to someone else.

#161300 - 10/02/02 11:17 PM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
golfer Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Issaquah
You know what, I think the whole thing is bull****. Too unforgiving, screwy logic, and a another fish tale. This is some kind of cry for help from FS. Think about it. They try to steal your motor. You find your boat stolen, listing on a ramp. Not all that concerned about the people who lost it? This is an x files case led by FS! Two days after the motor theft? Sounds like an insurance scam. Think about it.....

#161301 - 10/02/02 11:35 PM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Golfer, you lost me.....who is FS?

#161302 - 10/02/02 11:41 PM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
DeKuma Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Covington, WA
I am lost too Carl, don't feel left-out.

I know what you mean by the "side" lot. It was the first place that came to mind when I read your post. I have seen many people hanging around in that lot at times. Seems to be a hang-out for the punks in Auburn at times. Still, AS&M should do right by you, one way or the other.

Scott

#161303 - 10/02/02 11:48 PM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
Divers Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle
Hey EL, I think the guy at AS&M knew what was up before you showed up.

I am not 100% sure but I wan't to say there is a guy on here who frequents this BB and does a lot of business or works at AS&M and he could have gave them a heads up about the problems you have had. This is not a good or bad thing but becareful in how you approch things.
I can say, I would have flown off my handle and gone bezerk on there ass but you seem more calm and collective. Hope everything works out well.

P.S. if you need a new place for your tackle give Salmon Bay a try, great shop and a great customer service ( had to get that plug in for my fav. tackle shop) laugh

#161304 - 10/03/02 12:11 AM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
FishinSinsation Offline
Spawner

Loc: kenmore, wa
me what? or another FS you lost me too??

that does suck EL..

i had my car broken into recently at the cowlitz and know how it feels, but twice DAMN DUDE!!!!

#161305 - 10/03/02 12:17 AM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Divers, on a brighter note.....I did not loose any fishing gear during either attack! smile smile Other than my Scotty Lake Trolls that were hanging off the back of the boat. Those are no big deal though. wink

#161306 - 10/03/02 12:59 AM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
DUROBOAT15 Offline
Spawner

Loc: des moines
Well at least they didnt get any of your gear.ASM Really needs to rethink how they treat peoples property.My boat came from there.And sticking custumers
boats across the street in the unprotected lot is unexceptable.
Im not even sure that the lot is thiers or the cemetarys.And they need to see your reciepts.Well I would be pissed but I would give them to them and tell them that that is the amount of $$$ they can give you off the new 15' smokercraft lodge model with the 25hp four stroke that they should give you for cost.

#161307 - 10/03/02 01:05 AM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Maybe this will be a wake up call for them. Since this has supposedly "never happened there before".

#161308 - 10/03/02 01:41 AM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
F F F Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Kent
Hell carl, you should tell them that 100's of people are talking about this on PP's BB and how ASM will suffer if things aren't handled correctly. And that everyone is pissed and are already considering never going to ASM again. I KNOW they will listen to that. NOONE wants a bad name on the internet. You know how moody fisherpeople can be. Settle for nothing less than what you had before this happened!!!

#161309 - 10/03/02 09:18 AM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
DUROBOAT15 Offline
Spawner

Loc: des moines
Carl, What kinda shape is your hull in after getting ripped off the trailer? You mentioned a dent. But how do the rivets look? It took alot of pressure to break the tie downs. Hope this didnt tweek the hull enough to make it a leaker.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (wolverine, 20 Gage), 1435 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |