THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#161310 - 10/03/02 09:27 AM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
BW Offline
Spawner

Loc: LAKEWOOD,WA,USA
I have taken my boat to thier shop for work before and ya know what? They won't even let you put a paddlock on the trailor to make it hard for someone to take the thing. Hope they change that policy.

#161311 - 10/03/02 09:28 AM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
The hull of my boat has two guides on it to help it track through the water. The guides took most of the beating, a lot of scrapes. I still need to water test the hull.

#161312 - 10/03/02 03:39 PM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
Busy Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Bellevue
Hey Carl,

I would call a lawyer and get some advice over the phone. It would seem to me that if you have a signed work order that the place of repair is fully responsible for all damages. If they leave boats in a situation where they could be stolen then they need to have that as a disclaimer, if not....pay up.

I managed a garage once, damage was done to a car that was not in our posession but since the customer had a signed work order....we had to foot the bill. Courts will side with the customer. You had reasonable expectations that the store wouild take reasonable care of your boat and make sure it was not stolen. Placing an unsecured trailer in an unsecured lot for whatever time with no security or cameras or anything is negligence. Sorry that business is so good that they have to park there but still negligence.

Also, call the police and see if the store filed a stolen boat report. It would be good to write down sequence of events too. If the store made no effort to find you, file a report or anything then you have them over a barrel.

Don't settle for anything less than full replacement of what you had. Don't let them discount the cost for wear and tear....you had perfectly working stuff that was not old.

Finally, I can't say it enough..... find another place to live and do business. At least it will get you to a better area and maybe get you off the scope of whomever has you targeted.

I do not think this is random. Too many things happening in too short a time.

#161313 - 10/03/02 08:39 PM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
SalmonFisherJeff Offline
Smolt

EL,

Sheesh! They just don't want to cut you a break do they? I'd highly suggest getting yourself a good attorney (or at least talking to one). Something tells me AS&M gonna give you HE double hockeystix.

Kick Arse EL!

Here's wishing you Good Luck and hopefully soon to be Good Fishin!

~SFJ

Get Hooked!

#161314 - 10/04/02 12:48 AM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Thank you all for your concern and advice! I hope this can be a learning experience for every one.

Except for the A HOLE who took my stuff. You, Mr. A HOLE, better hope I don't see my motor on the back of your boat!.

Like I said before, I am going to give AS&M every oppurtunity to make things right by me. I do have a lawyer waiting for my call just any case. There won't be any new developments till next week.

#161315 - 10/04/02 11:30 AM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
Predator Dawg Offline
Spawner

Loc: land of sun
Carl,

Be sure and post when you get that new equipment so Mr. A-hole knows that you now have a new motor waiting for him to come pick up. Old trick with thieves, hit a place, then hit it again 3 weeks later knowing that most people go out and buy brand new to replace what was stolen. This guy doesn't even have to drive by your place, he just goes online to see when he should schedule a visit to you.

Might be time to go stealth on this other than letting everyone know if AS&M is an ok place to do business or not.

Hope it works out for you.

#161316 - 10/04/02 02:22 PM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

I agree with you PD. On the other hand, another visit from Mr. A Hole would be welcome by me but not real smart on his part, if you know what I mean. I am not to worried!

#161317 - 10/04/02 09:46 PM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
BigShark Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: PDX
Easy Limits

I have an old fashion "gadgit" that was once used for making steers out of young bulls. If you catch this bast*** I will jump in my rig and come up there and demonstate how it is used for no charge. mad

#161318 - 10/05/02 12:05 AM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
Big Jim Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tacoma, Wa. USA
An "elastrator"? I got one stuck on my finger once. Dang, it was a pain to get off. Just think of where it can go. eek

#161319 - 10/05/02 12:25 AM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
charr Offline
Spawner

Loc: Yuppie Ville
Hey Carl, Sorry to hear about your bad luck. I would have to agree with the number of people
on this board that think that this person is getting their information by reading this web site.
Man, I thought my luck was sheeeitty at times. I truly hope that everything works out in your favor and get back to the inportant things in life! FISHING! ! ! I really admire how cool headed you've been through this and it's a shame that all this has happened to a person like yourself.
You've always been helpful to alot of people when you didn't have too.
Anyway, I know that I certainly will not do buisness at AS&M if they don't make things right.
Good luck!!!
Craig

#161320 - 10/05/02 11:54 AM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
baitboy Offline
Smolt

Loc: Tacoma, Washington USA
Carl,

I am very sorry abouty all your difficulties. Let us all know if we can assit you and bring additional pressure on AS&M. They are wholly at fault for their failure to protect your property that they assumed full responsibility for. Why do you have to tell them that your boat is missing from their store? You are a great source of information on this board and we need to help and protect the good ones. Keep all of us advised

#161321 - 10/06/02 01:31 AM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
Timmy Offline
Egg

What a mess EL. Your little mishap made me finally sign up for an account on the forum. Let's hope AS&M makes right. I bought a brand new boat there earlier this year and have spent a small fortune since. I have had many issues and problems with the dealer.

Make sure you let us know how they take care of you. What a great opportunity for them to gain some much needed exposure about their service.

#161322 - 10/06/02 10:57 PM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Thanks guys! cool I will have something new to report this week. I will see what happens.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (20 Gage, steely slammer), 1505 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |