THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#161268 - 10/02/02 02:54 AM They tried to steal my motor PART II!
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
This evening, I was on break at work viewing my email. I got an email from another board member that said he saw my boat sitting on the side of the on ramp to southbound 167 at the Algona/Pacific exit. I immediately left work and raced down 167 and sure enough there it was right were he said it would be. My boat was stolen from AUBURN SPORT & MARINE and I did not know it was missing. The motor was gone and everything was taken out of the boat. They took the tail lights and winch assembly off of my new trailer also.

Tomorrow, AUBURN SPORT & MARINE is going to have some answering to do. I dropped my boat off there Saturday morning so they could inspect the motor for damage from the first theft attempt Saturday early morning.

Funny thing, the Trooper, and later, the tow truck operator that was at the scene were telling me an unknown caller tried to get his tow company to tow my boat to an Albertson's near by so he (unknown caller) could recover it. The tow company did not tow my boat and smartly reported the call to the WSP. My boat had not been reported stolen so the tow company would not touch it. Apparently, my boat has been sitting on the on ramp for three days and no one did anything about it till now.

I was beginning to wonder why AS&M had not called me with a repair estimate yet. Hmmmmmm.......

#161269 - 10/02/02 03:28 AM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
F F F Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Kent
Dam Carl, your cursed. But this could be a blessing in disguise. Why did they not report it stolen? How the hell did someone get it out of padlocked razor wired chainlink fence? And of all the boats they could steal, why yours? Looks like someone is going to have to answer some serious questions. Looks as though you may get everything back for all your trouble. They must be liable or atleast insured. Hell, isn't that place expensive enough? Now it cost you your boat. Doesn't this world suck sometimes. I know what your going through man. It'll all work out.

#161270 - 10/02/02 08:42 AM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
BillyBob Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Kapowsin, Wa
I saw it there yesterday also. When I saw "Easy Limits" written on the side of it, I thought of you, but thought- NAHHH this guy couldn't possibly have that bad of luck.
Hopefully the fish Gods will make it up to you when you finally get back in the water. And hopefully the people responsible will get theirs also.
Let us know how AS&M handles this.

#161271 - 10/02/02 08:53 AM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
Gregor Offline
Smolt

Loc: America
UNBELIEVABLE!! frown frown ...guess they were bound and determined to get that motor...man that sucks. Hope everything works out ok.

#161272 - 10/02/02 08:53 AM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
Seacat Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Duvall, WA
Seems to me that we need a few more cops on the street at NIGHT!!! And for crying out loud, you know that these boat dealers and repair shops are frequent targets of theft, why can't something be done about it? Like maybe some video surveilence, or maybe a doberman, or a pitbull, or a german shepard, or a security guard with a .357!!! I feel for you Carl, you're really gettin' screwed!

#161273 - 10/02/02 09:20 AM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
BillyBob Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Another thing, I don't think your boat was on the ramp three days. I definitely would have noticed.
Did AS&M report a theft from their yard? One would think that there would be evidence of a break in. Were there any other things taken from them, or was it just your stuff?

#161274 - 10/02/02 09:51 AM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

BB,

AS&M has not contacted me about the boat being gone. According to the WSP my boat has not been reported stolen by AS&M or me.

I will be talking to AS&M later this afternoon to get more details. I hope they have a good insurance policy!

#161275 - 10/02/02 09:59 AM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
havnfun2 Offline
Smolt

Loc: puyallup wa
i think repair shops have a disclaimer stateing they are not responsible for lost or stolen items. which is real weak and lame but give them hell anyway.

#161277 - 10/02/02 10:08 AM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

They may have a disclaimer about theft. Do they have a disclaimer that says "we don't follow through with the customer when we have a repair order and no boat to go with it"? How about a phone call?? rolleyes

AuntyM, that is very possible. Why would someone want a damaged motor? Unless they have the means to repair it. I am thinking "inside job".

#161279 - 10/02/02 11:29 AM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
BERKLEY BOY75 Offline
Spawner

Loc: AUBURN
well, the way i see it is, do not put your name on it, they will and can target you, thats why i have no bumper stickers on my vehicle, after i was broke into and lost 4000$$ stereo, cd's, i took off all stickers, so did you ever get a good alarm on your truck?? im gonna go with the compustar, it has a remote with simulated car to tell if my doors open, anyways, shoo, hope all works out.. **berkley boy**

#161280 - 10/02/02 11:53 AM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

I need an alarm for my boat! laugh

#161281 - 10/02/02 12:45 PM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
F F F Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Kent
It just seems way fishy that your boat is the one that was targeted. There were numerous $15,000 boats just sitting there on the lot. It would be stupid to choose your boat over those, obviously. And how the hell did they get it out. Right next to auburn way too. You can't sit in aburn for more than 3 minutes before a cop drives by. I don't see how they did it. Can't wait to hear what ASM has to say about it.

#161282 - 10/02/02 01:07 PM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
B-RUN STEELY Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: IDAHO
Possibility.... Some mob connected hoods running from the cops sees your boat in the driveway and in desperation stashes 15 pounds of blow in it and runs away...

Scene 2> Large fat man siitting behind big desk smoking cigar..." get me that boat or your a dead man "....

Ya think??? eek

#161283 - 10/02/02 01:10 PM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
Fishslayer75 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Auburn
Damn Carl, I feel for you bro frown mad Keep us up to date as to whats going on. Funny thing is that I got a call yesterday from AS&M to let me know my part was in and that I'll need to drop my boat off for repairs. I told them I will come down and have it fixed and then take it with me!

#161284 - 10/02/02 01:15 PM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
BERKLEY BOY75 Offline
Spawner

Loc: AUBURN
if they screw you over carl, id say, get all the people on the board to quit shopping there and go to sportco, where you get far better prices anyways..i was looking at a gl2 1265 there, jus checking quality, dude there says that the rainshadow 1264 is just a knock off of the gl2 1265, so im not sure about buying from there, when i hear nukerous reports about the rainshadow being a super rod for the money.. **berkley boy**

#161285 - 10/02/02 01:15 PM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
DeKuma Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Covington, WA
I was going to go over to AS&M today for some supplies, but I will pass now. I am afraid I may ask a few questions about their negligence and there policies. Probably not the best move until Carl kicks their arses for a while.

I do know that if they do not make things right by him, I will personally take up with Carl in picketing them and spreading the word.

Just let me know Carl, and I will be with you 100%!!

Scott

#161286 - 10/02/02 02:10 PM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
fishtale Offline
Spawner

Loc: Kng
EL Im with Dekuma on that one I have spent thousands of $ at A/S/M and if they dont take care of you I will go down a KICK some butt with you. David the owner should take care of you. If not I wont spend another dime there!!!!!!

#161287 - 10/02/02 02:36 PM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
Seacat Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Duvall, WA
Sure glad my name's not David. eek

But seriously, what do you think he should do for EL? Claim it on his insurance? Do you actually think he will? As much as I feel for EL, I don't think that they will. frown

#161288 - 10/02/02 02:42 PM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
BillyBob Offline
Juvenille at Sea

I didn't want to say anything about an inside job until I heard about whether or not AS&M reported a theft, but that's my gut feeling right now. I see 3 scenarios of how your boat left the yard.

1. They broke the lock or fence. - AS&M would know immediately that something was up and should have called the cops.

2. The bad guys had a key to the lock. Either stolen or given to them. They pull the boat out and lock it back up.

3. Someone let the bad guys in.

I think it would be bad business for AS&M to try to blow you off. If there is even a hint that there's someone on the inside helping out the bad guys, or that they somehow have free after-hours access, they'll probably lose more business than your boat and trailer cost combined!

#161289 - 10/02/02 02:49 PM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
hey EL, I see you are on the board now, and I have assumed you have called them already. What's the word?

I would also consider throwing out terms that business owners hate to hear if you start to get blown off by them.
Those words would be BBB, and Attourney General's consumer protection division, oh almost forgot...King5 works too.

SkyGuy.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (eddie), 1474 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |