THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#161365 - 10/03/02 02:58 AM Who will be Washington's next governor?
JacobF Offline
Spawner

Loc: Post Falls, ID
Who will be Washington state's next governor?

#161366 - 10/03/02 08:44 PM Re: Who will be Washington's next governor?
SalmonFisherJeff Offline
Smolt

Hopefully not another friggin Demo. They just keep screwing us Washintonians over. Grid Locke hasn't done squat for us (or the past ones either). Here's to a good changing of the gard!

Sportsfolks need change. We're tired of all the crap they pull. We want results!

Get Hooked!

#161367 - 10/03/02 09:07 PM Re: Who will be Washington's next governor?
larryb Offline
The Rainman

Loc: elma washington
it will be who ever king county votes for they run the state

#161368 - 10/04/02 12:32 AM Re: Who will be Washington's next governor?
JacobF Offline
Spawner

Quote:
Originally posted by larryb:
it will be who ever king county votes for they run the state
And King County is full of liberal morons.

No matter who the Republicans get to run, one of the three mentioned in the poll will be our next governor. frown mad

#161369 - 10/04/02 12:54 AM Re: Who will be Washington's next governor?
Divers Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle
We have the nations highest unemployment, 2nd worst traffic congestion and we are in debt . I say vota his ass out and clean house on the city council .

mad

#161370 - 10/04/02 01:07 AM Re: Who will be Washington's next governor?
superfly Offline
The Renegade White Man

Loc: The Coast or the Keys !!!
Hopfully not a republican !!!!
They are the ones who have supported commercial fishing and timber over harvest !!!
So put that in your pipe and smoke it you Dum Phucks!!!
Peace and I'm Out

360-888-7772

Stay Tuned for upcoming Hunts & Fishing info...........

New website & Channel Dropping soon !

Stay tuned for Turkey, Bear & Deer Hunts Along with Guided Sport Fishing.

Book Release Prior to Christmas 2021

#161371 - 10/04/02 01:00 PM Re: Who will be Washington's next governor?
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
I hereby nominate: SUPERFLY

You gotta admit, he does have a way with words. laugh laugh

#161372 - 10/04/02 01:45 PM Re: Who will be Washington's next governor?
JacobF Offline
Spawner

Quote:
Originally posted by superfly:
Hopfully not a republican !!!!
They are the ones who have supported commercial fishing and timber over harvest !!!
So put that in your pipe and smoke it you Dum Phucks!!!
Peace and I'm Out
I'm not sure about the Timber issue, but it is because of Democrats that the fishery is in the sad state it is in. Every piss poor director of fish and wildlife we've had for the last 10+ years have been appointed by democrat governers. The tribes have the democrats in their hip pocket. Last election democrat candidates recieved nearly $7 million from the tribes. It is Republicans who support measures to take nets out. John Carlson wanted to remove nets, not Locke. Republicans supported I-695, not Democrats.

#161373 - 10/04/02 02:07 PM Re: Who will be Washington's next governor?
LittleZoZo Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Rochester, WA USA
Superfly...... Right on, Bro! I'm with you.
Jacob F...... Damn right the Democrats didn't support I-695. You talk about I-695 like it was a good thing, but for those of us who make our livings from heavy construction, I-695 was the Baine of our industry. Yeah, sure we get cheaper car tabs now, but at what cost? Because of the revenue shortage that I-695 created, the State isn't doing a lot of the heavy highway jobs that they were supposed to do. Because of the lack of money to fund these projects, there isn't as much work to go around, and a lot of the jobs that are getting done are being done by the cheaper, out of state, scab construction companies. I dont usually get involved in political discussions, and I am by no means an expert on the subject, all I know is that because of I-695, my family and the families of other men and women in my craft are having to do without.

#161374 - 10/04/02 02:59 PM Re: Who will be Washington's next governor?
Vic Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everett, Wa, USA
Superfly you are typical of the liberal morons. Not thinking or taking the time to educate yourself. When was the last time this state had a republican governor????? Not in either of our lifetime. For you to say the republicans had much to do with the over harvest of trees or fish is idiotic. Booth Garderor had heavy ties to Warehauser (by the way he was a D). The only reason logging in this state was curtailed was because of the spotted owl issue and restrictions the Federal government slapped them. All of the D Governors we had didn't have the huevos to stand up to warehauser or the commercial fishermen. Why because they were and still are taking campaign contributions from those jerks. Oh by the way the D's take a ton of money from the tribes too. Yeah lets keep these ineffective guys running the show. Good thinking!!!

Oh by the way Zozo I695 passed by a landslide and the D's in this state greatly outnumber the R's here. A bunch of them must have supported it. Once again typical of the D's, misinform, and villify the R's and hope people will think you are telling the truth. Nice Try. This state collects plenty in taxes. If they cut the beaurocracy and streamlined processed, and would quit running manufacturers out of the state we would be more than fine.

#161375 - 10/04/02 03:52 PM Re: Who will be Washington's next governor?
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Vic,

You are OBVIOUSLY a passionate conservative. C'mon though, If you honestly think that all of our woes would be solved by a republican governor and legislature, well, I've got some waterfront property in Arizona you'd probably be interested in.

Both parties ARE EQUALLY BAD! It's the nature of politics and human behavior. Take a politician (any party), put him/her in office, innundate them with perks, "contributions", and entitlements and what do you have? The "morons" as you put it, that make our decisions, and cause our grief.

Party ideaology is all fine and well, but the philosophies of pure conservatism or liberalism in the real world, are lost in a sea of greed and corruption.

Anybody know who the green party candidate is going to be... laugh

#161376 - 10/04/02 04:16 PM Re: Who will be Washington's next governor?
Vic Offline
Spawner

You are right I am a passionate about my politics. I am probably a little idealistic in believing that there are still good people involved with politics, but I do. If you look a little harder at what the parties are saying and compare that to what is actually being done then it is difficult to take the D's in this state seriously.

For example Governor Locke campaigned on increasing teacher salaries. This year we had 3 school districts go on strike and 3 others that almost did over pay. California school districts have job fairs in Seattle and lure our teachers out of state. Governor Locke said that his second priority after Education and teacher raises was transportation. We all know what a mess that is. He also yabbered about wanting to lure new companies to the state and create new manufacturing jobs here while he and his yocals are putting such a strangle hold on Boeing that they had to move.

You tell me is it time to make a change or not

Fyi we had one R Governor since 1957.

#161377 - 10/04/02 04:20 PM Re: Who will be Washington's next governor?
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Vic, I guess old Slade must have been a demo...lol.
Who's puppet was he? Timber, mining, commercial fishing, etc etc.

#161378 - 10/04/02 04:28 PM Re: Who will be Washington's next governor?
Vic Offline
Spawner

I have mixed feelings where Slade is concerned. He did alot to help us sportsman and just as much to hurt us. But if you think you are better off with Maria Cantwell in his place then think again. Slade was a very senior Senator with alot of influence and Maria is a first term nuttball. Lets not forget that she lied to us right out of the gate by saying that she was going to pay for her own campaign so she wouldn't have the special interest groups in her pockets. As soon as the election was over she allowed these groups to "Repay" her for her campaign. Nice

#161379 - 10/04/02 04:30 PM Re: Who will be Washington's next governor?
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Yes Vic, I agree wholeheartedly. The "State" of affairs here in Washington is definitely grim. My main point was that spouting either parties well-used rhetoric, and blaming our situation strictly on "Party ideaology", and not the individual politicians is a tad unrealistic.

Hey, you and I appear to be neighbors as well. Maybe we could listen to some Bob Dylan records and watch Barbra Streisand quote Shakespeare sometime. laugh laugh

p.s. Or at least go fishing. smile

p.p.s. As far as Maria Cantwell goes, Yes she promised to fund her campaign privately. But that was before GWB got in, the market tanked and her Real Networks stock became worthless (read: she's BROKE) Nothing wrong with playing on the same field as EVERY OTHER POLITICIAN out there. wink

#161380 - 10/04/02 04:34 PM Re: Who will be Washington's next governor?
Vic Offline
Spawner

The problem with the politics in this state is that there is no balance. The D's have too much power and continue to do what ever they want.

I would love to go fishing, but if you pop in Dylan or old babs on the way up I might have to jump out of the truck. I hope you don't drive very fast!

#161381 - 10/04/02 04:53 PM Re: Who will be Washington's next governor?
Eric Offline
River Nutrients

None of the above!

To tell the truth, I'm sick of party politics all together and may well vote independent just for change. I've been on this earth long enough now (37 years) to see that party bickering has acomplished little in the way of productivity here or in the nation. I'm sick of the whole process and am tired of good ideas from both parties getting canceled "because it came from the republicans/democrats". This is juvenile and only results in a lot of wasted tax money.

#161382 - 10/04/02 05:12 PM Re: Who will be Washington's next governor?
Robert Allen3 Offline
Spawner

Loc: vancouver WA USA
As I recall a democratic Govenor appointed Berne Shanks to chair theWDFW comission. Tet because he wanted to actually do something about our fish woes he was run out of town by the legislators of the state. It is clear what the problems are in this state and not just with fisheries the problem is NOT democrats or republicans. It is guys who are completely clueless trying to run the show and their single most desire to have money come into the state while sacrificing EVERYTHING ELSE! A couple years ago when we passed that 30 dollar license tabs inniative i think it was pretty clear that the people of Washington state what the state to do a better job with less money. Every state agency has plenty of money to perform all their assigned tasks the problem is that they spend the money in the wrong ways. Frankly it doesn't matter a hill of beans who is the next govenor. He/she will not be looking out for the interests of the people of WA anyway. The biggest problem is that we the Washington state public are comfortable enough that we don't revolt against them.. We have a representative form of government. If the government does not represent up well that our own fault cause we are the ones who put them there. A lot of people say they are fed up but they really aren't. If they truly were they'd be doing something about it. Sad but true.

#161383 - 10/04/02 05:24 PM Re: Who will be Washington's next governor?
jeff'e'd Offline
Spawner

Loc: Snohomish, WA USA
Try and learn as much as you can about the candidates and what they stand for regardless of the party.... and vote accordingly.

#161384 - 10/04/02 06:41 PM Re: Who will be Washington's next governor?
BW Offline
Spawner

Loc: LAKEWOOD,WA,USA
I can tell you one thing, John Carlson was not going to remove any nets,at least not any tribal nets. The governer can't do it. Will have to be done by the fed's.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Carcassman), 1458 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |