THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#161385 - 10/04/02 08:14 PM Re: Who will be Washington's next governor?
Vic Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everett, Wa, USA
4salt. you disappoint me. Blaming the stock market plunge on GWB, that is the epitome of liberal rhetoric. Man I almost agreed with you on a couple of points. I was working as a technical recruiter (aka. headhunter specializing in placing techies) and the Tech slow down started before GWB was even elected. I know, recruiting was the first thing the tech companies cut out of their budgets (i.e. no paycheck for me). The price of tech stocks were so far inflated based on what might happen instead of sound business right now. It was only time before that balloon burst. Speaking of sound business, you don't really believe that Enron, Worldcom and others started their unethical accounting practices when GWB took office. If you do "I have some beachfront property for you in Arizona to sell you". Those are the reasons that the stock market has tanked not because of GWB.

As far as Maria is concerned, I look at what they say and compare it to what they do. She flat out lied!!! How many votes do you think she got from people who wanted a candidate that is free from special interest groups. I am sure it was enough to put her in power. That was one of the tightest elections in Washington history. But as it is with liberals it is OK to lie because nobody will hold you accountable for it, let alone notice.

#161386 - 10/04/02 09:59 PM Re: Who will be Washington's next governor?
grandpa Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: brier,wa
One of the reasons the fishing issues languish in Washington State is because fishermen are so non-political and don't want to get involved or hear about all the politics it takes to push an agenda forward. As a group, the fishermen and women in Washington could and should have alot more power than we do. Unfortunately *****ing only attracts more *****ing and gets very few real results. The governor, Gary Locke, doesn't do fishing. He does have alot to do with fishing by appointing the Fish and Wildlife commissioners who are mostly commercial fishing biased. He has his fishing czar, Curt Smitch, who has done for sportsfishing what Osama Bin Laden did for high rises. Then there's Maria Cantwell who did, in fact, lie about her campaign finances. She "LOANED" her campaign the millions...she didn't spend her own money to be free of undo political influence. Bill Clinton and the Democratic machine has assisted her in raising millions to pay herself back. The money was solicited and collected from special interests. Patty Murray?? She is like Howdy Doody with Bill Clinton as Buffalo Bob..pull her string and she says whatever the Democratic party line is that day..totally devoid of her own ideas. And then there is Jim McDermott...I think he thinks he is still in the 60's and Timothy Leary is still alive ..He HAS to be on LSD. All of these politicians put together have only done harm to our state in my opinion when it comes to our sport...fishing. So as we ***** and dink around the tribes are getting stronger and stronger with lots of gambling cash and lots of high paid political clout in the form of lobbyists and lawyers in Washington DC. And by the way Bern Shanks was the director of WDFW, not a commissioner. He was on our side. I saw that while working on the Wild Salmonid Policy. He was run out of town on a rail by your Democratic heroes for showing too much bias to sports fishing and for not towing the party line which is to hide behind closed doors and screw all of us over for political gain. So vote for whomever turns your crank but stop *****ing about that big Democratic ramrod up your ass and do something about it.

....Support the RFA rfawashingtonst.org

#161387 - 10/04/02 10:03 PM Re: Who will be Washington's next governor?
Cigar Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Shoreline, Wa.
SUPERFLY FOR GOV !!! YA GOT MY VOTE!!!
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Cigar

#161388 - 10/04/02 10:04 PM Re: Who will be Washington's next governor?
grandpa Offline
Three Time Spawner

WOW...I didn't realize this board automatically censors certain emotive words like "*****ing"...that would be a synonym for complaining....the word ASS is ok though. HUH???Must be a Democrat running this thing.

#161389 - 10/04/02 10:17 PM Re: Who will be Washington's next governor?
Vic Offline
Spawner

grandpa you crack me up, and your message is solid!!! But don't pick on the people who run the board for trying to be sensative to the younger folks that come here. After all calling someone a Democrat is about like calling them a ***********

#161390 - 10/04/02 10:38 PM Re: Who will be Washington's next governor?
silver hilton Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Out there, somewhere
I read the above, and I have to launch into a cross party rant. I am sick and f'ing tired of people who rant about the liberals or the conservatives or the democrats or the republicans. It's just plain intellectually lazy and ignorant. It is easy to find good things that have been done by members of each party, as it is to find things that we disagree with. All you have to do is open your eyes and your mind.

Have you ever taken a step back and thought that maybe, just maybe, the other guy considers himself to be just as honest and upright as you do? That maybe, from his perspective, and from the fact set that has been given to him, that his conclusions are correct, just as, from your perspective, and from the facts you have, yours is right?

Could it possibly be that if we quit calling each other names, and agreed to actually look at data, we could quit arguing start discussing, and improve the country? Or is it just more fun to call each other names like a bunch of squabbling teen age girls?

By the way, that crack about Bob being a democrat because he has taken steps to keep this board a family style place was incredibly low class. I guess one of the downsides of the internet becoming widely available is that all sorts of stupid people will start using it. You moron, Bob is your host, and you just defecated in his living room. Maybe that's considered polite behavior in your trailer, but the rest of us are simply marveling that you are able to pass as a human.

And, by the way, I am a registered republican, but have voted for candidates of either persuasion in recent years. I am even-handed in my disdain for politicans, I think they are all corrupted by the system. The republicans have lost the sense of fiscal responsibility that made me want to join the party, but the democrats haven't found it, so I'm reluctant to change. If the Libertarians ever develop any chance of winning, that's where you'll see me looking.

#161391 - 10/04/02 11:37 PM Re: Who will be Washington's next governor?
JacobF Offline
Spawner

Loc: Post Falls, ID
Quote:
Originally posted by LittleZoZo:
Superfly...... Right on, Bro! I'm with you.
Jacob F...... Damn right the Democrats didn't support I-695. You talk about I-695 like it was a good thing, but for those of us who make our livings from heavy construction, I-695 was the Baine of our industry. Yeah, sure we get cheaper car tabs now, but at what cost? Because of the revenue shortage that I-695 created, the State isn't doing a lot of the heavy highway jobs that they were supposed to do. Because of the lack of money to fund these projects, there isn't as much work to go around, and a lot of the jobs that are getting done are being done by the cheaper, out of state, scab construction companies. I dont usually get involved in political discussions, and I am by no means an expert on the subject, all I know is that because of I-695, my family and the families of other men and women in my craft are having to do without.
Whoops, thanks for the correction. I meant I-696, the Ban All Nets innititive. Democrats were against that while it was supported by most Republicans.

#161392 - 10/05/02 03:08 AM Re: Who will be Washington's next governor?
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

This thread is a crack! Maybe the reason that fishermen can't get the representation they want is because fishermen are woefully ignorant when it comes to politics. One Republican governor since 1957? Try Dan Evans, 65-77; and John Spellman, 81-85. Slade Gorton was state Attorney General and then a U.S. Senator in case anyone thought he was once our governor.

Bern Shanks was appointed by the WDFW Commission after the old WDF and WDW (formerly WDG) were merged. The governor always appointed the WDF director. The wildlife commission appointed the WDW(G) director, except during part of the term of Booth Gardner, when he appointed Curt Smitch as director of WDW. After the merger, voters decided by initiative that the director of the merged agency would be appointed by the fish and wildlife commission. They've appointed Bern Shanks and then Jeff Kaenings. Bern's heart was in the right place for fish conservation. Unfortunately, he was a lousy manager, having lost track of millions of dollars of the department budget. That made it easy for the legislature that didn't like his conservation policies to insist that the commission get rid of him.

It seems like guys here who have basic political facts bass ackwards think maybe they could do a better job in politics and running government. Gotta' admit, there's entertainment in this thread. But not much information. Yeah, I suspect you just want to rant and don't expect the hot air to ever really do anything constructive. If so, you're right. It won't. So have your fun.

Oh, and timber policies in WA state have never been in the control of either political party. The timber industry controlled the policy. They wrote the first forest practices act in 1973 (there were no significant forest regs before that). 1988 was the first time anyone else began to influence state forest practices. Of course, over 90% of the old growth was gone by then.

Sorry for any bashing, but you guys know it's my nature to replace fallacy with fact when I can.

Sincerely,

Salmo g.

#161393 - 10/05/02 04:09 AM Re: Who will be Washington's next governor?
LittleZoZo Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Rochester, WA USA
Vic, For the record, I am not a Liberal per say, and as I stated before, I'm not really into polotics that much. Government in general disgusts me, if you really want to know the truth. I am however, a Union Operating Engineer (local 612) and as such, my vote usually goes to the Democrat side because Democrats are typically more Labor friendly than Republicans are..... That's all.

#161394 - 10/05/02 04:17 AM Re: Who will be Washington's next governor?
Vic Offline
Spawner

#161395 - 10/05/02 10:39 AM Re: Who will be Washington's next governor?
grandpa Offline
Three Time Spawner

silver hilton

You crack me up! All upset that I have somehow dissed Bob by making a little joke about censoring the word ***** but leaving in the word ass??? Then you go on to call me stupid? Imply that I must live in a trailer??? Come on now...Then I got to the end of your rant and I think you said you were a Libertarian....case closed.

#161396 - 10/05/02 10:44 AM Re: Who will be Washington's next governor?
grandpa Offline
Three Time Spawner

Oh I almost forgot..silver hilton

You were whinig about not calling each other names right before calling me a moron??? I think you just made a case against yourself.

#161397 - 10/05/02 01:37 PM Re: Who will be Washington's next governor?
silver hilton Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Out there, somewhere
Grandpa,

You're right, I should not have called you a moron. I apologise.

#161398 - 10/05/02 06:35 PM Re: Who will be Washington's next governor?
Old Man Offline
Spawner

Loc: Silver Star,Mt
I glad this thread was just about this state. If it was Nation wide I would have a lot to say. But since it isn't I will keep my big mouth shut.

No matter who they put in there half of you people will not like him/her.

I guess that I'm still pissed about that other IDiOT they have in the White House.

#161399 - 10/05/02 07:32 PM Re: Who will be Washington's next governor?
Vic Offline
Spawner

Hey old man where do you get off calling the Pres an idiot. Why would you call him that?

#161400 - 10/05/02 09:38 PM Re: Who will be Washington's next governor?
CRAVEN MOOREHEAD Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: TACOMA,WA
Vic,
His father was an idiot...and the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

#161401 - 10/05/02 09:47 PM Re: Who will be Washington's next governor?
POS Clerk Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Oregon
Hey Grandpa

Not to change the subject but when I looked into your background and the Puget Sound Anglers I came across this:

http://www.cnw.com/~katwood/issues/reports/new_controversy_part_1.html

Who was this commercial idiot?
And what was it about?

#161402 - 10/05/02 09:57 PM Re: Who will be Washington's next governor?
LittleZoZo Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Rochester, WA USA
Hey Craven! I knew you were ok when I ran into you on the river last week! I gotta agree with you, I'm not a huge fan of Bushy either.... I mean, I dont hate the guy or anything, I just dont think we'll be seeing him on the television accepting the Nobel Science prize anytime real soon. Ah hell, I guess when it comes to polotics, its a "pick your poison" type thing. Who do you you want running our country..... The choices aren't really all that great. You can have a President like Bushy (not real smart, Has everything he has because of who his father was, his loyalties lie with big business, etc, etc.) Or you can have some Democrat running the country who is too busy pretending to be Ron Jeremy to concentrate on such trivial things as Domestic terrorism and stuff like that. Yeah, Politics suck! That's why I fish. I spend all my time thinking about the next fish I'm going to kill and not about things like The United State's invovlment in the Middle East, Or Bushy's foriegn policies, or why the French always bend over and spread em everytime another country wants to take them over (can't stand the French). So anyway, let's stop arguing about politics and start arguing about fishing, and snagging, and lining, and netting, and talking about Zipperlip rivers on the board, etc, etc, etc, etc. wink

#161403 - 10/05/02 10:01 PM Re: Who will be Washington's next governor?
Divers Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle
Hey Vic did you hear this on CNN the other day?
May be thats why he called him an idiot.

He was trying to quote this old saying and he screwed it all up. I think almost every Jr. high kids knows the quote.

Original :

" Fool me once shame on you Fool me twice shame on me".

Bush said :

"Fool me once ..ahaha ah ha
Oh waite! fool me once shame on me fool me again don't be fooled again"

rolleyes rolleyes laugh laugh

#161404 - 10/05/02 11:53 PM Re: Who will be Washington's next governor?
grandpa Offline
Three Time Spawner

POS Clerk:

Wow I couldn't believe that you found that website with my 1998 dialogue with the gill netter. I had no idea he posted it on their site. My paper titled: "Where Have All the Salmon Gone" was my own original letter that I used in testimony before the Fish and Wildlife commission in Olympia during the Wild Salmonid Policy hearings. I basically told this commercial fisherman that the gillnetters had stolen my title and twisted it around to their point of view which was tha gill netting was an essential part of our food chain as if we would all starve without gill netters. We argued back and forth and reading it all over again after 4 years was funny. Thanks for posting it. If we had that same dialogue today I could have pointed out the fish farms as the most efficient way to feed the world with fish..WOW would that have gotten his blood running. Thanks again for posting the website...get the nets out!!!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (20 Gage, steely slammer), 1505 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |