THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#161405 - 10/06/02 12:13 AM Re: Who will be Washington's next governor?
POS Clerk Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Oregon

#161406 - 10/06/02 02:54 AM Re: Who will be Washington's next governor?
Vic Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everett, Wa, USA
Well guys I am the first to admit GWB isn't the orator that his predacessor was, but we aren't going to have to worry about him giving all of our military advantages to the chinese either, or renting out the Whitehouse or pardoning drug dealors, or taking FBI files that he isn't supposed to have access to or...(I could go on and on and on. but I'll spare you)

Maybe we would be better off with the other daddy's boy in the last election. HMMM GWB who graduated from Harvard then went on to get his MBA, or Al Gore who flunked out of Princeton, went on to get his bachelors at a lessor college then flunked out of Law school. HMMM, I guess that Al is alright because he invented the internet that allows us to have this conversation.

#161407 - 10/06/02 09:10 AM Re: Who will be Washington's next governor?
Divers Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle
Need to remind you Vic, Bush got a gentlemans Degree.

He was given 2 profitable business , and drove them into the ground.
I as a republican could not vote for this guy.
Talk about work ethics, at the 4oo day mark in office he had been on vacation for more then he had been at work.

#161408 - 10/06/02 01:48 PM Re: Who will be Washington's next governor?
Vic Offline
Spawner

Please explain to me what a "Gentlemans Degree" is. Maybe I am a little dense, but I have never heard that term before. I always thought a Bachelors was a Bachelors and a Masters was a Masters. I just visited the Pres's web site and it says he got his bachelors at Yale and his MBA at Harvard. It doesn't mention anything about a gentlemans degree. Hmmm interesting.

As far as work ethic goes if you really believe that the President of the United States, (no matter who he is, or what party) gets a real vacation, then think again. They are on the job 24x7 for 4 years. Besides you are trying to tell me that for 201 days out of 400 that he was on vacation. So for 6 and a half month out of 13 the Pres was on vacation. Sorry not buyin it.

P.S. I just visited Yale, and Harvard's web sites and I can't find any info on a "Gentlemans Degree" there either.

#161409 - 10/06/02 03:00 PM Re: Who will be Washington's next governor?
Divers Offline
Spawner

Vic, let me start off with the vacation.

This fact was not made by me. It was posted in the New york time( Sept. 5th or 6th of 2002) and CNN. I am not saying these media are 100% (most of the time there is some discrepency).

As I understand it;

A gentlemens degree is often refered to as some one who get in or gets something because of who he is not what he accompishes.
His father contributed quiet bit of money and had significant influence at that school. I can bet if you had grades like hes ( you would not be welcomed). I dont think you will find any negitives about him on the Pres web site.

In his profile , he mentions he is or WAS owner of an Oil/Gas company.

What he does not mention is how succesful the company was till he was in charge. You can read about that in the Business journal and the Wallstreet Archives, along with the SEC filings. These are all public records .

Some of the things you mentioned about his predacessor are true but I am sure GWB has many other dealing that we as public are not aware of yet.

Any way, you take the good and the bad.

#161410 - 10/06/02 04:38 PM Re: Who will be Washington's next governor?
Vic Offline
Spawner

I don't care what the New York Times says. I try and pay attention what happens in the government, as much as possible. Sometimes I confuse my facts, sometimes I am flat out wrong. As far as the president taking 6 months off, it just pain hasn't happened.

As far as the Pres running a couple of companies into the ground (he didn't run the Texas Rangers in the ground did he?). That may have happened, at least he has that expereince in the real world to draw from. Gore and Clinton never had jobs in the private sector, so all of their experience is based on theory. Before you chime in and say "but the economy was great while those guys were running the country" Let me remind you that Enron, Worldcom, Golbal Crossing and others were doing their hocus pocus act on the books overstating their earnings and lying to their investors while those guys were in office too. Which has contributed greatly to the lack of confidence that investors are showing in the stock market now.

So I take it you can't find a deffination for "Gentlemans Degree" . Maybe his father got him to Yale or Harvard who knows, the fact still remains that Bush has his masters. His father didn't make the grades for him. FYI Bush was also a fighter pilot, and they don't let dummies be fighter pilots. Al Gore who's father was just as influential flunked out of Princeton and never got a higher degree.

#161411 - 10/06/02 09:39 PM Re: Who will be Washington's next governor?
CRAVEN MOOREHEAD Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: TACOMA,WA
Funny how you don't care what The York Times says, but I bet you hang on every word Rush Limbaugh says....now there is a true journalistic champion for your Republican views.

#161412 - 10/06/02 10:16 PM Re: Who will be Washington's next governor?
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Hmmm.....

I used to think that the common man's ignorance about politics and the political process was funny...then I realized that the more ignorant and vociferous they were, the much more likely it was that they'd actually go out and vote along their misguided beliefs.

Anyway...that was my little rant for the day.

Oh, yeah, by the way, whoever was crying about Skeletor being de-elected wasn't likely complaining when our E. Wash. brothers voted out the Speaker of the House to install George Numbernutt, who then turned into an absolute, undeniable, no question about it,...(insert drum roll here)... liar! (e.g., do a search on the internet, put in "George Nethercutt" and "term limit". Toss in "lying sack" and "no integrity" if you want to reduce the number of hits from 43 million to 42 million).

No one in state government is any Indian tribe's pocket. The tribes don't need them...the state cannnot regulate anything the tribes do, except in extreme circumstances, and they do when those come up.

If you couldn't guess, I generally vote for democrats. I also voted for B.A.N., and spent hours distributing signs that I picked up from their Renton office the week before the vote. Maybe I was just their token democrat...but a few of the GOP supporters I talked to then didn't want "them d@mn Injuns gettin' all the fish", so didn't want to vote for it.

Brilliant.

I'm always impressed by the amount of legal knowledge that comes from salmon fishing for 35 years and not liking Indian netting. To think, I sure wasted a lot of money for college and law school...all I had to do was go fishing and I'd have known it all.

You can't really blame resource exploitation on either party, at least not directly (in our state, G-Dub is definitely doing it on a federal level, as did Slade). Regulations have been written in the main by the exploiters themselves. Do you really think that the average representative has time to write a 200 page regulation packet regarding the technical aspects of extracting coal from 200 feet down in the ground? Do you think they hire consultants?

Here's a really simple way to see how it all happens:

Follow the money.

Who benefits from this regulation? Who wrote it? There's your culprit.

Then...see who that culprit donated a bag 'o bucks to during the last election. That's the kind of info you want when you head into the booth.

Fish on...

Todd.

P.S. I doubt that G-Dub is an idiot, but he's likely not a Rhodes Scholar, either, and I doubt that his Daddy ever had "My son is an honor student at such-and-such school" bumper stickers on his truck. He certainly isn't very quick, but that doesn't make him stupid. Just slow. If he's well-prepared and has a speech to read, he's actually pretty good. He'd look a lot smarter, though, if he'd never speak publicly without a prepared speech, as his "thinking on his feet skills" are incredibly undeveloped.

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#161413 - 10/06/02 10:39 PM Re: Who will be Washington's next governor?
Vic Offline
Spawner

Craven:

Don't be stupid. We all watch the news, read the paper, and listen to the radio. If The Pres had been on vacation for 61/2 month out of 13 I think I would have noticed. Even if he was (which he was not) if you are the Pres no matter what your party affiliation you are on the job 24x7 for 4 years even if you aren't at the Whitehouse.

#161414 - 10/06/02 10:46 PM Re: Who will be Washington's next governor?
Keta Offline
Repeat Spawner

#161415 - 10/06/02 11:02 PM Re: Who will be Washington's next governor?
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
Hey! Let's talk about a friendly topic, like ABORTION. Just kidding. laugh laugh

#161416 - 10/06/02 11:27 PM Re: Who will be Washington's next governor?
Divers Offline
Spawner

Had to do it; laugh

#161417 - 10/07/02 12:29 PM Re: Who will be Washington's next governor?
CRAVEN MOOREHEAD Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: TACOMA,WA
Vic,
You are such the political watchdog....grrr

#161418 - 10/07/02 01:29 PM Re: Who will be Washington's next governor?
Vic Offline
Spawner

Craven:

3 lame attempts. Is that all the better you can do? According to Todd and Salmo we are pitching softballs and you can't even hit them. Come on take another hack. this time try and come up with something good.

#161419 - 10/07/02 07:22 PM Re: Who will be Washington's next governor?
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
Yo Vic,

Sorry to re-enter the fray so late, but I thought I'd clear a couple of things up for you.

I don't blame the stock market disaster on GWB, that was a touch of liberal humor from one who doesn't claim to be a liberal. Obviously the unbelievably over-valued market was due for a major correction. This was exascerbated by the events of 9/11. Investor confidence is shot for the moment and probably not likely to get much better in the near future. Retail sales statistics for the up-coming Christmas season will probably be as grim as they were in the inflation-ravaged late 70's.

I'm not a staunch Maria Cantwell supporter either, but c'mon, name me ONE politician who DOESN'T accept special interest money. It's the way the game of politics here in America is played, whether we like it or not.

p.s. Instead of listening to Babs quote Shakespeare, let's catch Bill Maher's standup comedy act sometime. Maybe a double bill with Dennis Miller. laugh laugh

#161420 - 10/08/02 01:56 AM Re: Who will be Washington's next governor?
superfly Offline
The Renegade White Man

Loc: The Coast or the Keys !!!
I would definateley run , but I don't think the general public and politics is quite ready for someone like myself because I standup for what I believe in, I won't go away quietly and I don't play the good ol' boy games, well maybe one, I might get caught at the local [Bleeeeep!] bar hookin up with some young thing. Anyways I would have to work on My vocabulary and not let my emotions show in topics such as fish. WE definateley need a real candidate in this state because both sides suck!!! and Yes GW is a total idiot and you are an idiot if you think is he is alright. I actually feel sorry for the guy because I think he was pushed into running for the Job.
And yes I would date his daughters, Both of them laugh laugh laugh
Peace Superfly

360-888-7772

Stay Tuned for upcoming Hunts & Fishing info...........

New website & Channel Dropping soon !

Stay tuned for Turkey, Bear & Deer Hunts Along with Guided Sport Fishing.

Book Release Prior to Christmas 2021

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (Sidedrifter, 1 invisible), 1424 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |