Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#161448 - 10/03/02 08:46 PM Where is the Ultimate egg cure
svr Offline
Smolt

Loc: marysville
I getting lots of eggs and want cure them up with different cures and this is one I've been waiting to try. Where can I get some

#161449 - 10/03/02 11:49 PM Re: Where is the Ultimate egg cure
fp Offline
Old Duffer

Loc: Hoquiam,WA.USA
ha.......I tried to get some last year but they gave a stroke job. Labels or something else, just can't remember.

They pumped us up but couldn't produce.

I've had quite a few eggs myself this year and had to keep on using the same old cure(that does work) so don't hold yer breath for UEC to produce any for us guys & gals.

fp

How about an answer UEC guys??????

#161450 - 10/04/02 01:00 AM Re: Where is the Ultimate egg cure
fishbelly2 Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Monroe Wa
Hey boner!!! Where ya gettin the eggs?? Not in my back yard I hope !!!! laugh laugh Sorry I've missed your calls recently. Fishin and workin! Lets hook up this wknd and get some more eggs for ya. I'll give ya a buzz on Fri.....

#161451 - 10/04/02 11:14 AM Re: Where is the Ultimate egg cure
BERKLEY BOY75 Offline
Spawner

Loc: AUBURN
i need eggs, shoo, so if anyone has some they could get rid of, i have a buddy over in idaho with a few hundred pounds of them, but 6 hours of driving is to much for them, im running low tho...**bb**

#161452 - 10/04/02 04:00 PM Re: Where is the Ultimate egg cure
cohoangler Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Vancouver, Washington
I agree with FP. Ultimate Egg Cure was supposed to come out last fall but was a no-show. I haven't heard anything about it since. I assume it's no longer being considered for the open market.

However, there is another egg cure that is absolutely the best I've used. Amerman's. You can get it direct from Scott Amerman via mail order at $6.00/lb. At that price, it's perhaps the least expensive cure on the market. IFISH has an entire webpage devoted to this cure. Check it out. I use the salmon cure in red almost exclusively.

#161453 - 10/04/02 05:23 PM Re: Where is the Ultimate egg cure
ramstrong Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Glenside, PA USA
UEC should be coming. Last I heard (a couple of weeks ago) James was going to be whipping up a batch that will be offered for sale on the boards first. Hopefully by the end of the fall season. Those that have seen it in action would have to admit that it does work. Maybe you could email Keith or James and get a more specific answer.

Chicks dig the floppy ears.

ramstrong@hotmail.com

#161454 - 10/04/02 06:40 PM Re: Where is the Ultimate egg cure
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Hey, don't feel too bad. I've fished with Keith all summer and I still don't have any UEC! I've used UEC cured eggs, but have never had the UEC in my hands.

Hate to break the news to you all, but if you're having problems getting fish to bite your currently cured eggs, I don't think UEC will help you that much.

What I have learned from Keith, that is priceless, is how to properly prepare and cure eggs with *any* of the commercial cures. Also, consistancy plays another huge role.....which of course, all depends on how (or the style) you are fishing.

Oh sure, there are some secret enhancers and stuff that I won't divulge, but a good, clean (no blood!) and properly cured egg will go a long ways towards catching many fish.

Personally, I would tell you not to wait for UEC and that you'll be fine with ProGlow, ProCure, and probably Amermans (never tried it).

Or, spend some extra time and follow Bob's brining recipe.

It all just comes down to good, clean, properly cured eggs with the proper consistancy for the technique you are using.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Al Gore, czer, Robb92, wallyw
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
3 registered (Carcassman, steely slammer, 1 invisible), 1169 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |