Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#161473 - 10/04/02 12:35 AM Sky Silvers
JacobF Offline
Spawner

Loc: Post Falls, ID
Anyone having any luck on the silvers in the Sky? I'm probably going to go up and fish for them tomorrow, but I've had 4 people tell me they're not biting ANYTHING. Any tips would be appreciated.

#161474 - 10/04/02 12:49 AM Re: Sky Silvers
fishbelly2 Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Monroe Wa
Join the croud bro. Water is up about 6-8" tonight though. One word of advice "eggs!"

#161475 - 10/04/02 10:46 AM Re: Sky Silvers
Asteiger Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Los Angeles
Fshbelly2,

I sent you a Private message.

skeets

#161476 - 10/04/02 01:57 PM Re: Sky Silvers
Lifeisgreat Offline
Parr

Loc: Snohomish
Fished the Snohomish @ Snohomish yesterday afterwork, picked up one bright 10lb hen on a red flatfish. Water is still pretty clean even after the rain. If I where to fish up above I'd stick with eggs or Dicknites. Good Luck

#161477 - 10/04/02 07:02 PM Re: Sky Silvers
silver hilton Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Out there, somewhere
The bite has been better the past few days low in the Snohomish river. River temp is down to 53 degrees. Some folks are coming in with limits. Orange plugs of various sorts seem to be the favorite rig. I'm finally starting to get fish in the boat.

#161478 - 10/04/02 08:22 PM Re: Sky Silvers
Busy Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Bellevue
Silver Hilton,
Do you know of a place on the lower part of the river to let in a boat ( 17.5 ft bayliner) ? I have been wanting to fish the river. The only place that I am aware of the farmer charges an arm and a leg to launch.

#161479 - 10/04/02 11:02 PM Re: Sky Silvers
steelhd101 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Everett, WA.
Busy,
There are two that I know of. 1 is just east of Everett on the river road to Snohomish at Lowell Larimer area. The other is by Dagmars landing. Good Luck.

#161480 - 10/04/02 11:33 PM Re: Sky Silvers
JacobF Offline
Spawner

Loc: Post Falls, ID
Being bankbound, I fished the Lewis Bridge area for a couple of hours tonight, never had a bite. Through spinners and corkie/yarn combos at them for a couple of hours. They were jumping all over the place. Only saw one caught, but it was foul hooked.

After that, I drove up to Reiter for some steelies. Same scenario. There were fish jumping all over but in the 3.5 hours I was there, I didn't see a single hook up.

This is a strange year for fish.

#161481 - 10/05/02 12:15 AM Re: Sky Silvers
silver hilton Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Out there, somewhere
Busy,

You can put in at the 10th street ramp in Port of Everett, at the park just south of Dagmar's Marina, or at Rotary Park in the Lowell Area. I can't remember the name of the ramp near Dagmar's but that's the one I usually use.

Watch the tides. If you've got a big boat, putting in or taking out at low tide can be tricky at the upper two ramps. The 10th Street ramp is fineunder most conditions. Low tide is supposed to be about 11:20am on sunday, and won't be too low, about 1.7 ft. You can check out the tides here Everett tide table

The 10th street ramp is only going to be a five minute run from the Dagmar's area ramp. Lot's of folks are fishing between the lower two ramps, and there's a good hole just upstream. There are more good hols all the way up to monroe, but be careful with prop boats above Lowell - there are snags in the river that can getcha.

It'll be pretty obvious where to fish. Look for boats and rolling fish. I'll be out there sunday am at o-dark thirty. 19 ft Blue over silver North River, light blue cooler, midsized fish dog. Net should be flying... wink

#161482 - 10/05/02 09:36 PM Re: Sky Silvers
Busy Offline
Returning Adult

Silver-
Thanks for the advice. I have not fished this area before and just got my boat. Would you be willing to show a 'newbie' to this fishery a couple of things? I would be willing to pay my way and bring refreshments....I read the fishing/etiquette rules from Salmonuniversity.com and believe in them.

If you do have time or can find room shoot me an e-mail.

thanks again.

#161483 - 10/07/02 07:13 PM Re: Sky Silvers
JRfishing Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Mill Creek
Silver,
I will be out one day this week in a Black over silver North River I will look for you. I will have two kids that have never caught a salmon with me. If you have any suggestions on colors and riggs to start i would welcom them.
Busy i will e-mail you when if i have a spot in the boat.

#161484 - 10/09/02 07:35 AM Re: Sky Silvers
Mike C Offline

Loc: Redmond
Just wondering about the boat launch in Snohomish? Is it still in disrepair? Last time I considered using it (5 years ago) there was a big crack in the bottom of the concrete launch that affected low tide launching.
Thanks.

#161485 - 10/09/02 09:05 AM Re: Sky Silvers
Lifeisgreat Offline
Parr

Im happy to report that the launch in Snohomish has been repaired! Myself and a few other sportsmen in Snohomish gave the City Council an earfull after the city manager shut the launch down. They repaired the bottom 30' this summer, it's still a narrow somewhat steep launch, but at least you can gain access to that part of the river. If you don't know the river take caution while heading up stream, just past the railroad bridge the left side going up gets shallow and stumpy, the tide plays a big effect on this area! Good luck and happy fishing!

#161486 - 10/09/02 02:05 PM Re: Sky Silvers
Busy Offline
Returning Adult

Mike, you planning on heading there next week? Let me know.

#161487 - 10/14/02 07:24 PM Re: Sky Silvers
Mike C Offline

Loc: Redmond
Thanks SCFD454, way to advocate for the fishermen. I'll just have to check it out as a possible alternative to getting to Thomas Bar. Busy, no plans for next week, getting ready for Tillamook.

#161488 - 10/15/02 01:56 PM Re: Sky Silvers
Lifeisgreat Offline
Parr

Thanks for the Kudos Mike. The other people that need to be thanked are Bob McDaniel who owns the Do It Center, Bob Herman who many of the locals know and Jim S. who owns the Triangle and is the unoffical fishing sports center for the Snohomish area. Bob, Bob and myself are part of subcommitee looking into other options for a new boat launch in the Snohomish area.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Born2Boat, Dirk Mc Girk, Frankster, Oz-fish, starfisher
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 365 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |