Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#162320 - 10/14/02 03:58 PM Klamath River Salmon kill
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
I thought that by now everyone had heard about this, but in another topic someone asked me for info. so here it is. Bottom line is the Bush Administration, once again, bashed the environment in favor of farmers. The result was a massive kill of chinook, steelhead and endangered coho. Please read the following

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/90942_salmon11.shtml

#162321 - 10/14/02 04:13 PM Re: Klamath River Salmon kill
Vic Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everett, Wa, USA
Thanks for the info Surecatch. If I remember correctly there was alot of toruble last summer on the Klamath too. I remember something about farmers cutting locks and turning on the water when they were supposed to be on rations.

I guess that it is time to send off a couple of emails and let the powers that be know how I feel.

#162322 - 10/14/02 05:45 PM Re: Klamath River Salmon kill
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
I really enjoyed this quote from the article:

"Bush administration officials have not connected the river flows to the fish kill."

Duh. Not too sure Gee-Dub is connected to, or with, anything! This one was a no-brainer.

I found a nice web site that pretty much sums it all up for our current Commander In Chief.

George W. Bush or Chimpanzee?

P.S. I voted for him, so I'm ALLOWED to biatch at him. wink If you didn't vote for Gee-Dub, or didn't vote at all in the last election, don't bother responding to this thread, as you're not allowed an opinion about our Prez. eek wink

#162323 - 10/14/02 07:28 PM Re: Klamath River Salmon kill
Sights Offline
Alevin

Loc: Maple Valley, WA
I wish people would learn the facts themselves and not listen to rumors. I happen to be from the Klamath Basin where there is plenty of water for the farmers and the salmon, however they wont let eaither of them have it because of the so called endangered suckerfish that live in the system

#162324 - 10/14/02 07:44 PM Re: Klamath River Salmon kill
Vic Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everett, Wa, USA
Well Sights what are the facts and where do we get them? I would love to kow more about this issue. Don't just pitch a fit help us out with the info.

#162325 - 10/14/02 07:56 PM Re: Klamath River Salmon kill
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
While I do not live in the Klamath River basin, I have followed ths closely. According to The Asociated Press, The Seattel P.I., National Public Radio and other reputable sources the feds kept the flow at very low levels while allowing farmers unlimited water.

This came about because of a plan developed by the Interior Dept to save endangered coho and suckers. At the time the plan was developed lcoal tribes and fish advocates warned that keeping the flows so low might endanger chinook. The Feds gambled that they could keep the resoviour full AND allow farmers all the water they wanted. I didn't work.

What we do know is that thousands of chinook were killed along with many steelhead and coho. That's a fact!

#162326 - 10/14/02 10:22 PM Re: Klamath River Salmon kill
Straydog Offline
Parr

Loc: Grants Pass, Or.
That is simply not true Sights.....

The Feds gave the water to the farmers this last summer and the sucker had little if anything to do with it.

The fact is, the water in the Klamath basin has been overallocated. It is time to let our elected officials know that fish do matter! mad

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Carcassman, Clipfin, Danny Clyde, Dannyboy, dk1948, Twitch
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 966 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645361 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |