Bill Davis, avid sportsman, fisherman, instructor, sports writer and radio talk show host and so much more that can be listed, has passed from this life and can now enjoy the rivers and water ways that we can only dream of.

Bill had a six bypass surgery in 1997 and it was at this time that his KIRO "Outdoorline" radio show had ended.

Bill had been struggling with heart and respiratory problems as well as Diabetes. Bill had been taking Insulin for several years and due to complications with the Diabetes, had developed an ulcer in his left foot. Just prior to the beginning of September 2002, he was admitted to Monroe Valley General Hospital for a foot amputation and was a candidate for a prosthesis. The surgery went well and Bill had been in recovery for several days and comprehended when he was visited by his loved ones, even though heavily sedated due to pain medication.

On September 4, 2002 at approximately 5pm, Bill went into respiratory arrest and his heart stopped beating, even in light of a heart difibulator which had been inserted in his chest several years ago to help send an electrical current to his heart in case of a situation such as this. The device worked and yet could not bring him back. The doctors at Monroe Valley General worked with him for quite sometime to bring him back, yet were unable. I must add that the medical staff at Valley General were all wonderful, excellent professionals that cared for Bill deeply.

Bill Davis will be missed greatly but will live on in each of our hearts.

If anyone has condolences, questions or concerns for Bill's surviving son; Jeffrey Craig Davis and daughter (my wife) Kimberlee Christine Linke, you can contact via email; meribah@www.com

Could all that read this post please get this message out (copy, etc.) to other posts at Steelheader.net as well as any other internet sites and by word of mouth to others! There are so many people that knew Bill, that it has been extremely difficult to contact all. We have also been desperately attempting to get hold of Ron Rogers, Terry Rudnick and Drew Harthorn. If you know how to get in touch with them, please contact me.

Thank you and God bless,

David John Linke
meribah@www.com