LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#163142 - 10/23/02 11:34 PM Anyone hit the green by the auburn bridge?
IlikeFish Offline
Fry

i am heading out to the green in auburn by the brigde and was wonderign if anyoen fished it and what to use????

#163143 - 10/23/02 11:44 PM Re: Anyone hit the green by the auburn bridge?
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
I stopped by there today. Fished right underneath the train tressel (sp?). The silvers are not holding up at the mouth of Soos Creek yet. They are getting there though. You will want to fish the car body hole. The silvers are stacked in there. Use corky and yarn in orange or red. Expect a lot of lock jaw.

I also stopped by the hatchery. They have had 3600 silvers come back so far.

#163144 - 10/24/02 01:33 AM Re: Anyone hit the green by the auburn bridge?
gas doc Offline
Egg

Hey Easylimits,

Is 3600 fish a lot or a little at the hatchery for this time of year?

I went down to the Green last week several times, up river of the 8th street bridge. Lots of fish mulling around but would not bite on anything. Saw many fisherman but did not see many fish caught. Just one guy with fish that he reeled in backwards or sideways if you know what I mean. frown

#163145 - 10/24/02 01:36 AM Re: Anyone hit the green by the auburn bridge?
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

I don't know how many fish the hatchery normally gets. I am guessing the run is about 1/2 over. I know, like you have observed, there are a lot of silvers in the Green. They are not moving up river though.

What you have experienced fishing has been the norm this year, extreme lock jaw. frown

#163146 - 10/24/02 04:24 AM Re: Anyone hit the green by the auburn bridge?
Metalhead Mojo Offline
Spawner

Loc: Browns Point
i usually fish the middle green and have been watching it closely for the past week. it is still very low and clear. i havent seen any fish moving upriver since last friday, and then only a few at a time. im still hopefull the run isnt over yet, if we are halfway through like easy predicted then the green may still have some good fishing on the way. if they would just let a little more water out of the dam we should see another push of fish. hopefully they could time it for the weekend so we have a chance at them before the indians get their nets back in the water.

#163147 - 10/24/02 11:42 AM Re: Anyone hit the green by the auburn bridge?
ET Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tacoma
I believe the Soos Creek Hatchery had 40,000 Silvers return last year versus only 3.500 so far this year. They had 12,000 Chinook return in 01 versus 9,000 this year. The Silver run is either very late or very small in comparison.

#163148 - 10/24/02 12:21 PM Re: Anyone hit the green by the auburn bridge?
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

The tally for chinook, on the reader board, was 10,100.

I am guessing the coho return is real late this year.

#163149 - 10/24/02 12:56 PM Re: Anyone hit the green by the auburn bridge?
NewBieFishermen Offline
Parr

Loc: Kent
I live in Kent kind of close to the golf course and on Sunday I saw more fishing moving up then I have ever seen in the green. I literally saw about 200 fish move through in about 15 minutes. Hopefully they start biting more.

#163150 - 10/24/02 02:53 PM Re: Anyone hit the green by the auburn bridge?
PhishPhreak Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: North Bend, WA
I hit the river above car body and below hwy 18 this morning. Lots of people fishing and not a lot if fish caught. Only a few fish of the hundreds I saw looked worth while to cast to. Most are way too dark and lock jawed anyway. They way they are so visiable and stacked up sure has all the makings for a great snag fest... Fortunately I only say a few who looked like they were trying to snag - but were too stupid to even do that right. I hooked one fish in the mouth (not flossed) on a jig (no float) and could have snagged dozens. Just about every cast I could feel my jig bump a fish and by not flinching and setting the hook, it just slid right past. The one that took it pretty much slammed it and was clearly not accidental...

WE NEED RAIN!!!

#163151 - 10/24/02 03:24 PM Re: Anyone hit the green by the auburn bridge?
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

According to today's fishing report in the Times, the Green is the "Top Pick Of The Week".......maybe for fish viewing. laugh

#163152 - 10/24/02 07:05 PM Re: Anyone hit the green by the auburn bridge?
Matt S. Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Northwest
I've been searching out other spots all along the river. Been doing pretty well too, i'd say 1-2 hookups a day probably because I'm finding aggressive silvers. I don't like crowd fishing for salmon simply because there's always too much snagging. I can stand crowd fishing for steelhead because usually nobody is snagging and most people know what they are doing.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 807 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63786 Topics
645450 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |