THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#163663 - 10/31/02 09:04 PM Re: Best reel debate.
josh870 Offline
Smolt

Loc: Everett, WA, usa
i have a couple of quantom 1310's i like alot
. small spools but i use them for bass fishing also.

#163664 - 11/01/02 12:08 AM Re: Best reel debate.
JacobF Offline
Spawner

Loc: Post Falls, ID
I can't find a picture of my favorite reel. It's a Daiwa, and I can't remember the model number for it. It looks just like this one, but it is the model below it. I can only imagine how good this reel is.

#163665 - 11/01/02 04:14 PM Re: Best reel debate.
Chromeo Offline
Spawner

Loc: Kenmore, WA
chronarchs and calcuttas for me, curados are shotty, abus are ok, but my chronarch has outlasted that thing by far and caught way more fish on it without any probs. i do prefer my abu for saltwater tho espically casting darts or buzz bombs because they can hold more and heavier line which means you wont cast off too much money into the salt. mad

TTT

#163666 - 11/01/02 05:22 PM Re: Best reel debate.
JacobF Offline
Spawner

Loc: Post Falls, ID
Quote:
Originally posted by Typical Teen Tyler:
chronarchs and calcuttas for me, curados are shotty, abus are ok, but my chronarch has outlasted that thing by far and caught way more fish on it without any probs. i do prefer my abu for saltwater tho espically casting darts or buzz bombs because they can hold more and heavier line which means you wont cast off too much money into the salt. mad

TTT
Chronarchs are a good reel. Saying Curados are shotty is just an outright lie though. Calcuttas are great as far as quality goes, but I just don't like the feel of them as a personal preference. I like the open face style of the Curado.

The only problem I see with the Chronarch is the line capacity. At 10 lb test, the Curado 200 holds 30 more yards of line.

#163667 - 11/02/02 11:23 PM Re: Best reel debate.
josh870 Offline
Smolt

Loc: Everett, WA, usa
then again my new quantom reel that i really like the feel of was destroyed by chums today. i think it is designed for 3 lb bass not 13 lb chums fishy

#163668 - 11/02/02 11:40 PM Re: Best reel debate.
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

Loc: Forks, WA & Soldotna, AK
I used to run Calcuttas ... now run Curado's (faster retreive version) as my casting reels in the boat. Both have held up extremely well under lots of use. I switched out simply becasue of the ease of adjustabilty of the centrifugal braking system ... made it much easier to adjust to different people each day with the Curados.

On my rod?? Chronarch Mg ... they are spendy, but they are ever so smooth and lighter to boot.

Abu's for plug rods only on my boat ... line counting is easier, but casting is not quite on par with the Shimanos.

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
dizzy fisherman
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 472 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645418 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |