LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#164144 - 11/04/02 03:20 PM Best day of week to fish Hoodsport?
DaleD Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Washington
What's the best day of week, and why, to fish Hoodsport hatchery zone for chums in November from a boat?

Is Monday good because no Indian nets (?) and fewer fellow fishermen??

If Indians net on Tuesday and Thursday would Wednesday be good or would there be way fewer fish than other days since the fish would only have 1 day to accumulate there??

Help!

#164145 - 11/04/02 03:36 PM Re: Best day of week to fish Hoodsport?
PiperFLA Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Bremerton WA, USA
there is no good day to fish hoodsport

Yuk

wink

#164146 - 11/04/02 05:08 PM Re: Best day of week to fish Hoodsport?
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
If you want to deal with lots of nets, go during the week.

If you want to deal with lots of fish and fisherman, go during the weekend.

#164147 - 11/04/02 06:40 PM Re: Best day of week to fish Hoodsport?
havnfun Offline
Spawner

Loc: tacomca,wa,pierce
i like monday cause if the hacthery has been closed to letting fish in, the area has not been netted in 4 days= more fish...but there always seems to be plenty! beathead

#164148 - 11/04/02 07:54 PM Re: Best day of week to fish Hoodsport?
DUROBOAT15 Offline
Spawner

Loc: des moines
I have property in hoodsport and have been there the last three weekends.And the nets have been in fri.sat,and sun. the last three weekends. I talked to my neihbor and he said there are always nets in and he lives there. But like EL said there are ALOT more nets on weekdays. I fished sat. and there were plenty of fish to be had.But also tons of people.But there never seems to be a shortge of people.

#164149 - 11/04/02 08:48 PM Re: Best day of week to fish Hoodsport?
spawnout Offline
Spawner

Loc: Satsop
Fish on Tuesday April 1st. The fishing will be great and there will be no people. The catching might suck, however. wink

#164150 - 11/04/02 11:42 PM Re: Best day of week to fish Hoodsport?
centerpin Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: The Terrace
Anybodie see the sleds run into each other on sat. afternoon at hoodsport ? :p :p

#164151 - 11/04/02 11:48 PM Re: Best day of week to fish Hoodsport?
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Ouch! I missed that one. Maybe they were beer .

#164152 - 11/05/02 01:31 PM Re: Best day of week to fish Hoodsport?
BERKLEY BOY75 Offline
Spawner

Loc: AUBURN
anyone see the indians gutting fish, keeping eggs and pitchin the fish over, if so, bring a camcorder, there is a jdge who ruled against the tribes on the shellfish, if we generate enough footage, maybe we can the nets out, oregon did!!!!!!

#164153 - 11/05/02 02:10 PM Re: Best day of week to fish Hoodsport?
DaleD Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Washington
I checked the web site mentioned (thank you, by the way!) for Indian fishing and as of this second (11/5/02 at 11AM) it appears that NO netting in area 12C is scheduled for right now. This is great.

This could change any second, however! They also might net in other areas now or later.

Any comments, guys!?

Is area 12C indeed the area that we should be concerned with if we're after HHZ chums?

Thanks!

#164154 - 11/05/02 02:14 PM Re: Best day of week to fish Hoodsport?
DUROBOAT15 Offline
Spawner

Hopefully one of the sleds that crashed was a 20' silver and black northriver. The guy in this boat was a jerk out there sat. He thinks he owns the hatchery or something. And snagging like mad. Yelling telling people where they can fish and where they cant. He was the worst one we saw by far.

#164155 - 11/05/02 02:36 PM Re: Best day of week to fish Hoodsport?
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Like I said in another post, there is always a couple of A HOLES to stir the pot up and make fishing at the Zone a bad experience.

#164156 - 11/05/02 02:51 PM Re: Best day of week to fish Hoodsport?
Tarponman Offline
Fry

Loc: Oregon
Quote:
Originally posted by DUROBOAT15:
Hopefully one of the sleds that crashed was a 20' silver and black northriver. The guy in this boat was a jerk out there sat. He thinks he owns the hatchery or something. And snagging like mad. Yelling telling people where they can fish and where they cant. He was the worst one we saw by far.
Simply invite the man over to the bank and you and the 200 other guys on the bank give him a lesson in etiquette. These guys need to be told whats up, and right now! There just is no need for this to be happening and we all need to band together to get it stopped! slap

#164157 - 11/05/02 08:44 PM Re: Best day of week to fish Hoodsport?
JRfishing Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Mill Creek
Duraboat, I'm not sure if your talking about me, I have a 20' NR black/sliver and was out there Saturday morning. As far as the snagging ?? We used 12 - 18" leaders, small corkies and small coyote spoons, in fact the best luck we had was with wee sized dick nites. Anything not hooked in the mouth was released and plenty of them that where hooked in the mouth also released. We did move over late morning so a boat next to us with 4 kids all under the age of ten could have a spot to fish and a guy ran into the spot before they could move over. I explained to him the reason I moved over and he moved so they could fish. If I have an issue with someones behavior I will speak up and say something to them and hope they realize that someone is offended by their actions. I agree that that there is no room for A-holes at the zone or anywhere for that matter.
As far as hoping that I crash my sled into another sled, well that might show a little about you. confused
If your out there Saturday we might have a chance to meet each other and talk about it. beer

#164158 - 11/06/02 02:35 PM Re: Best day of week to fish Hoodsport?
DUROBOAT15 Offline
Spawner

JRfishing,
I was talking about the two guys buzz bombing on the south side of the hatchery. There boat was the open model I think northriver calls scout. Also had red pinstripe on the black. I was only down there on that side for a little while than moved because of them.
But I was the one you asked to moved earlier that day. But I wasnt trying to crowd in. I had been fishing about 4 boats west of you and when every body pulled anchor to move in closer.You moved in and west to make room for the boat with the kids. That made it so there was no room for me and another boat to move in. My wife tried to get your attention to ask if we could fit in east of you but thats about when you noticed us and said you were making room for the kids. So we moved again. To the southside by the snag kings.But I have no hard feelings about that. This was my first time fishing there and I learned that if the boats in the line say they are moving in you had better be quick or you will lose your spot.

#164159 - 11/06/02 04:54 PM Re: Best day of week to fish Hoodsport?
JRfishing Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Mill Creek
Hoodsport is an eyeopener for seeing just about everything you can imagine and then add a couple of new things. Im glad i was not the one you where talking about and that we could discuss this. I had a good time fishing hoodsport and really hope it remains a friendly place to fish. It is a great place to expose kids to fishing and teach them what is right and what is wrong. Hope to see you on the water soon. umbrella Let it rain !!!

#164160 - 11/06/02 06:54 PM Re: Best day of week to fish Hoodsport?
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Fishing Hoodsport is an experience and you have to be on your toes. Now that you know that, future trips will be more enjoyable. Live it and learn it as they say. smile

#164161 - 11/06/02 11:15 PM Re: Best day of week to fish Hoodsport?
Mooch Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kingston, WA
To DB15 & JR:

You have put the "gentleMAN" back into the sport. Well done! You have risen above Hoodsport. And it has been my good fortune and pleasure to have read your post. I hope we can all take your example and heart to the water.

Sometimes fishin' is about more than just the fish.

GB
Matt. 8:27   The men were amazed and asked, “What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!”

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Jose, sky
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (steely slammer, Excitable Bob), 903 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |