Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#164874 - 11/11/02 10:18 AM Trifecta at the Satsop
eddie Offline
Carcass

Loc: Valencia, Negros Oriental, Phi...
An old fishing buddy of mine who now lives in Cincinnati came out yesterday and we fished one of our old haunts - the Sop. What a day! For the first time in my life, I did the trifecta - 30lb king, 20lb. Coho, 20lb. Chum. Now, if there had just been some steelhead around!!! The salmon are seriously responding to additional flows, we saw fish coming up the riffles all throughout the day. Lots of other folks around. Guys, we are being heard - 98% of the foul hooked fish were released and 85% of the fair hooked fish were released. A nice day on a great river.

R.P. McMurphy - One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

#164875 - 11/11/02 06:53 PM Re: Trifecta at the Satsop
Erndog Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Covington
Boy is that the truce. Fished up at the state park and caught so many fish to make your arms and lower back sore the next morning.

Went up there with two friends and they hit the the trifecta, while myself missed with a king. I probably had a king on once or twice and did't even see it. I had two fish take me down river about 50 yards intill they hit the ripples and "SNAP". I hooked into one fish early and thought it was a chum so I was forcing it along intill it took me down to wear the ripples were in the river and got caught under the brush. I worked to get the line out from the brush and the fish emerged for moment, to see the biggest Silver hello I have ever had seen. 20+ pounds and as silver as it was still in salt water. Once I saw it I screamed for a friend to come help me because the fish ended up moving towards the shorline where even more thick brush was and my line tied up all up in there. My buddy tried to get my line free and the line ended up breaking.

Over all great day. The rain definitely brought the fish in.

Buddy of mine took home two nice hen silvers 12lbs and I took one chrom buck chum 16lbs for the smoker.

Intill next Sunday, Fish on,

ErnDog

#164876 - 11/11/02 09:17 PM Re: Trifecta at the Satsop
Local Offline
Returning Adult

I don't know if you kept the King, but I believe the Satsop is not open for Kings.

#164877 - 11/11/02 09:23 PM Re: Trifecta at the Satsop
eggroller Offline
Parr

Loc: FT Lewis, WA
Local...The Satsop regs say RELEASE all adult chinook. Hooking one while fishing for dogs or silvers won't get you a ticket. No where that I can see in those posts did any one say they took any kings home.

(that was a good quick edit though after you burned em for nothing)

#164878 - 11/11/02 10:19 PM Re: Trifecta at the Satsop
Local Offline
Returning Adult

Your right! My intent was not to burn any one. As I reviewed their post again, I realized they may have C&R their King. It is a lot better than getting a C&R (cite & release) from Law enforcement.

#164879 - 11/11/02 10:32 PM Re: Trifecta at the Satsop
eggroller Offline
Parr

Loc: FT Lewis, WA
Local, I applaud you for spreading the regs...your original post was a bit harsher..I guess I just feel that there are alot of people who wait out in the wings to burn people for doing something wrong...even when they dont have the full story (but I am not putting you in that category) and by the way...didn't really mean to burn you either beer cheers...good luck and tight lines!

#164880 - 11/11/02 11:23 PM Re: Trifecta at the Satsop
Erndog Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Covington
Hey there local,

All the kings where released on our end.
I do not believe in elegal fishing and if I see others doing it elegal, I will be one of the guys on the river letting you know.

I was very impreased how everyone yesterday caught and released. There was actually a time in the day when a individual hooked into a king across from us and he was ready to keep it when everyone around him told him that it was a big NO NO eek . There was alot of respect as I could see for the fish yesterday. I really enjoyed seeing fathers down there with there young daughters and sons. Alot of pictures where taken. Can't wait intill my son can handle a rod. But he alreadys knows how to say FISH ON fishy .

Fish on,

ErnDog

#164881 - 11/12/02 12:09 PM Re: Trifecta at the Satsop
buzzerbaby Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Longview, WA
Good job, sounds like I should have went up higher,I fished down lower and it was ugly brown down there so I headed to hoodsport/kennedy creek. lots of chums there but not the same. on a lighter note friday on the satsop I did one better than the trifecta by landing a pink. why it was down there this time of year is beyond me but it was witnessed by a half a dozen guys.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (wolverine, 20 Gage), 1435 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |